Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    edited May 26
    Options
    Just FYI, let me introduce you to the organisation who owns MyFitnessPal and 168 other companies. Check out the list!
    https://www.franciscopartners.com/investments

Then, "in 2021, MyFitnessPal partnered with Sprouts Farmers Market. Through this partnership, users were introduced to new healthy recipe ideas, food and health-related articles and other content."
    https://www.sprouts.com/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFitnessPal

"The past five years have seen steady revenue and usage growth for MyFitnessPal, although not much has changed from the original app vision. Under Armour struggled to build out its connected fitness segment, scaling back on its hardware ambitions in the past few years after multiple failures.

In 2020, Under Armour decided it was time to shift focus, with a new CEO, Patrik Frisk, focused more on apparel and less on the technology side. It sold MyFitnessPal for $345 million to investment firm Francisco Partners, $130 million lower than the price it had acquired it for in 2015.

The fact that no major tech company jumped for MyFitnessPal when it was for sale may be indicative of how the industry views MyFitnessPal’s rather unrefined advertising platform and its low conversion rate of its everyday users to its premium subscription service.

Since the acquisition, there hasn’t been much change on the app. The subscription service is pushed a bit more heavily, but for the most part, everyday usage is the same as it was with Under Armour. Francisco Partners have not said what its plans are with the app long-term."
    https://www.businessofapps.com/data/myfitnesspal-statistics/
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 26
    Options
    I am saddened. The newsfeed was what attracted me to MFP. I am rather new, have 'only' lost 15 lbs. I am fighting my diabetes diagnosis (type 2) and so far it looks like I am succeeding. My morning glucose is now already in the normal range.

The newsfeed was my own little space here. I could fill them with friends to my liking (and vice versa) participate or take time off after we lost our beloved dog. My friends were there. Some motivated me and inspired me, others just started and our baby steps brought us together.

I suppose there is no money to be made with the newsfeed. Forcing everybody to participate on a discussion board will not be the same -not even close.

People like me will stay away and participate only once in a while. In the end, I fear there will be lots of advertisements. The more readers, the higher you can sell the ad space. Isn't that how it works?

Or will the newsfeed be a part of the premium membership now?

To me and many others, it won't matter. We might fall off the wagon and just stay off, or we will succeed quietly alone -somewhere.

I feel sorry for all the members who have built friendships with a lot of people during the year. Many are role models and I suspect they need it to stay focused. Maybe I start a blog somewhere or I participate on Instagram? Not sure, but I need interaction with others. It keeps me going.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

(And no, I don't work for MFP. But do have education and experience in cost accounting.)

You also clearly have an agenda. You’ve stated multiple times in lengthy posts that you do not use the newsfeed and that no one uses it.

Yet you feel compelled to make post after post telling people why they shouldn’t care about something that they do care about and that THEY use. We don’t need you to explain to us that businesses exist to make money.

Um I think you’ll find it was me that specifically stated that. So go ahead and have a go at me if it makes you happy! I’m ducking out now.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    **S A V E O U R N E W S F E E D** REPOST Tomorrow Monday, May 27 we will boycott by not logging into the site. If enough people don’t log in, that may show MFP what it would look like once the newsfeed is gone. Post this on your feed and ask all your friends to post this too. To protest MFP removing the newsfeed. **S A V E O U R N E W S F E E D**
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    **S A V E O U R N E W S F E E D** REPOST Tomorrow Monday, May 27 we will boycott by not logging into the site. If enough people don’t log in, that may show MFP what it would look like once the newsfeed is gone. Post this on your feed and ask all your friends to post this too. To protest MFP removing the newsfeed. **S A V E O U R N E W S F E E D**
  • SherriDennison941
    SherriDennison941 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't have many friends on here but I love the stories they tell. The groups are hard to get to. I would like the newsfeeds to stay. You are going to lose a lot of people if you stop the newsfeed .
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Despite all the glitches and many bugs I sticked with MFP. I made some wonderful friends who became very important for me. All the joy comes from the newsfeed. And I think MFP is making a huge mistake by changing it to community. I really hope you're listening to your members. Something you should have done before! For now I cancelled my premium. It has no extra value anymore without the newsfeed. I can log food everywhere and probably better too but the friendfeed is your golden Ticket MFP. So please reconsider and let us be great together.

Found you on IG! Keep killing it, Esther‼️