JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I’m a bit late but I like Cardiac Crest.

@martaindale Following ur recommendation I’ve watch a few episodes so far of the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders & yes it’s interesting. I have to admit I had put cheerleaders in same category as beauty pageants queens.

03/06 3.69 miles
    06/06 4.33 miles
    07/06 4.07 miles
    09/06 4.08 miles
    12/06 4.26 miles
    14/06 4.07 miles
    19/06 4.03 miles
    20/06 4.10 miles
    21/06 4.07 miles
    22/06 3.58miles
    23/06 4.08 miles
    28/06 4.07 miles

Total 48.43/50 miles

I planned not to run Monday & Tuesday but we got blasted with a storm on Wednesday & yesterday. Howling wind and rain. So still breezy today but bright skies mostly and got a run.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,123 Member
    Options
    Shoot. I had part of a post typed and went to look back a page and apparently forgot to save it, so it's gone. Darn it. And I was so insightful too. :lol:

You're doing great @henridw2095 .

@martaindale Great running in those conditions. Some days I just want to be outside, regardless of the temperatures. Some days not so much. I'd probably use the treadmill, but you know how you felt today and whether you think you can do that plus three miles in the same conditions.

Sounds like you on vacation @yirara . I must have missed that post. Enjoy your sightseeing tomorrow and great running today.

@kgirlhart Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm glad she was surprised and you all enjoyed the sleep over at the lake. That is a lot of cats. Do they have a catch/spay/release program there? It sounds like that is what is needed.

Nice run @Laurz9191 . That's funny about the cyclists. Oooops about being late for work.

Nice running @mari333a . Those storms sound really strong. I hope you didn't have any property damage.
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @martaindale I thought it was fairly normal to prohibit hydration vests. They don't exactly look safe in a public event given some history in the US. To quote the rules, they don't allow CamelBak type vests. The language seems to imply no hydration vests since they exclusively list things like bottles being safe.

Also, yes. It really does feel like being called in to the principal's office! Especially when the clients are those whose risk we measure on a scale of 100s of millions of dollars.

I've been very out of it this week. 7 miles completed so far. No speed work. Thursday morning my body was primed to run so I did a Z2 run.

122 Avg HR
    139 Max HR
    4w60mfi2114v.png

Not exactly fun either. Maybe I should just bring a metronome again and play the cadence game.

5 Mile run or 6 mile pacer tomorrow--I forget which. Then long run Sunday. I went to the arcade today totally thinking I would kill it. Absolutely not. The pads were sticky, I kept tripping on the brackets in between the step panels which threw off my timing and made the holes in my shoes bigger! I should've brought baby powder. Did a cycle of streams to help develop twitch muscles. They felt twitchier two weeks ago. I am sad.

184 Max HR
    oswlcwyd2pna.png
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I ran a very comfortable 9km this morning to probably end the month. 203.9/200km for June. It was very enjoyable and a nice way to start the weekend.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,123 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are sad @VO2Maxlet . Maybe you need a rest day since you are ramping up the mileage so much. I hope today's run goes better for you. Re work - yeah, you don't want to be messing up on that account.

Great running @chris_in_cal . I hope the meds work for you.

Great running @Laurz9191 ! Congrats on exceeding your goal.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA .
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo We don't have any kind of spay and release program for cats. I wish we did because even though I like cats, they are a problem.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you on vacation @yirara . I must have missed that post. Enjoy your sightseeing tomorrow and great running today.

Ha, no! Not again. Been on so many trips this year. Just a Saturday ride and then walk to an area some 50 minutes from home.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    @Mari33a I'm happy to hear you are liking the DCC documentary. Growing up in TX, cheerleading is an institution but professional cheerleading is a whole other thing. The level of competition is nuts!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your race @steviebee888 !