WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,814 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the love ..
    Lanette she is about 6 months along at almost 24 weeks .
    They are supposed to go on vacation in a couple weeks,I don't know if I would do that if it were me but there choice..not a Happy Father's day for Kyle and tomorrow is there 6th Wedding anniversary..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,539 Member
    Options
    Terri - The bouquet was gorgeous, and the cards are just lovely...

Lanette - Glad your doctor and you are happy with your results, and bless your "blinds guy" for being able to get around Rosie. Some just seem to have the knack.

Rebecca - Happy birthday, friend, hope it is/was wonderful.

Heather - Glad the healing is going apace, and you'll be so pleased that you got your second one done.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Oh Allie, so sad! Hugs and comfort to you and Tracey and the family.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Hugs Allie- So sorry for your families' loss.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    (((Allie, Tracy))) Prayerrs

I just finished bowl of fresh picked strawberries. I have a patch at son's house. We have had so much rain they are doing great! I eat them with fresh pineapple. I do not miss the cake. Six months now mostly gluten free. Now down 20 pounds. 163 this morning!

To me one of life's simple pleasures is picking a fresh strawberry and eating right then!

I do that with my raspberries- I go out in the front with a cup of hot tea early in the morning and have berries and tea for breakfast. Only time I eat breakfast ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Went to my wound check. John drove me there. The nurse peeled off my big bandage and pronounced it 'perfect'. :D I looked in the mirror, and was impressed by the thin line. No redness.
    She said to just leave it free now. Showers, but not baths for another two weeks. And I could get a new tube of wound cream to massage it with. I've ordered some fancy French stuff from Amazon, just because....... :p Arrives tomorrow.
    I must say, it 'pulls' a bit more without the bandage on, so I'm more conscious of it, but I guess that will improve.
    Came home knackered. I was unaccountably nervous before I went, and I'd woken up for the day at 5 am. So, I had a nice nap.
    John is prepping the mushroom risotto we are having for dinner. I will do the stirring etc. Friday night is wine night, so we are having a rosé.

So, another step forward.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I had skin cancer removed from my hip ... not the same as a hip replacement of course, but I had the pulling you mention too. So I got what they call 'bike shorts' here (but not the real padded bicycle shorts) and wore them under my day clothes. They felt like they held me together and reduced the pulling.

I already do that when I wear dresses and skirts in the summer, but I wore them under my lounging around home pants too.

1s2tmn23eaeq.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Devastating news
    Tracy lost baby A, the VacterL baby but they share a placenta so its iffy about the other now... please keep them all in your prayers she is devestated.. As is grandma.

So sorry.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Rebecca – Happy Birthday
    Happy Belated Anniversary to Tracey
    Allie – sending good thoughts to you, Tracy, Kyle, Carmine and Miles.
    Terri – what a beautiful flower arrangement.
    Lisa - I took your lead and made Basil, Lemon, Ginger tea for some friends, it was loved!
    Beth – Last minute company is kinda like Pip’s boot it gets us into overdrive.
    Sue – sorry to hear about your run in with crazy ex renter…. Here is hopes that you never see her again.
    Heather – so glad you continue to heal so quickly. And while the medical team deserves kudos, I really think your ongoing exercise, commitment to do PT and to push through the discomfort is the key!

Thinking of you all,
    Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    xd96s3xbzoxb.jpg

:p
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Finished painting!

Now listening to Alfred Hitchcock soundtracks while waiting for pizza.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,539 Member
    Options
    Machka - Well done! Congratulations on one big job finished!

Sue - I'm so sorry TTFH is still infesting your environment. Seems like bad pennies always turn up, doesn't it?

Kim - Glad the basil/lemon/ginger tea was a hit! I never did find fresh ginger yesterday, but plan to try again today. I'll have to plant some at this rate...

Allie - How's Tracy holding up?

Hope all our sickies are feeling better.

As soon as it's light, I'm headed outside to get the mowing done, then get Corey's garden and my flower bed watered. Then hop in the shower, and if I have any energy left, I'm off to pick up a few fresh things from the stores, like ginger and apples for Corey's work week. I've got a long list to get finished before guests get here tomorrow, but much will be inside the house, and after the mowing's done and shopping trip's finished. Corey will be burning brush after he gets up and around.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Oh did I mention that three of my families are pregnant?! I will have three new infants in my care by January! That will give me eight babies under 2! :o:s This makes me tired to think about.