WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Tracey – the doc said that when I put my foot down (when stepping) I’m hitting the bone. He said that I should continue to stretch and he prescribed the orthotic, which I’ll probably either get or get fitted for this Tues. The orthotic is going to keep the pressure off the spot on my foot. But he did say that it’ll go away. Happy Anniversary!

Annie – feel better fast

Lanette – have fun at your lunch.

Stopped at Sam’s. I want to get a ribeye for Jess and they’re the only place that sells Prime. To me, Choice is too fatty. They said I had to come back in ½ hr and they’d have more. I wasn’t about to walk around for ½ hr so I came home. Now need to go back. On my way I’ll buy gas.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Back from the nutritionist...she was very pleased with my weight loss and i gave her a sampling of what I have been eating.. she wants me to eat more,eat 3 meals a day between 1200- 1500 calories and 40 grams of protein because of the kidneys..I have done no sweets no bakery items,just a few low carb breads and lots of fruits and vegetables.
    I think I lack the where withal to gather 3 meals a day together as im a grazer..but ol Allie will figure it out.
    Tracey- Happiest of Anniversaries to you hope its a wonderful day for you.
    Annie ,Pip hope your feeling on the up and up.
    84h4r44eomuq.jpg
    SMiles is double fisting coloring lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short potty walk w/family- 20min, .25mi, 63c
    Outside test ride w/cannondale- 1hr 32min 26sec, 70aw, 166elev, 13.7amph, 129ahr, 149mhr, 21.15mi= 785c
    Strava app = 435c

Total cal 848

Gears are good, I can now go on hills with this puppy (not that I want to).
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sue- gosh can't get rid of her huh? She sounds like a user and Karma will come back to bite her in the butt.
    I am a bit overwhelmed i have to grocery shop again...but want to get the right stuff,but to do that I have to go to different stores.
    I can do grocery store pick up for a couple.. but have to kinda figure out what im going to eat the next few weeks.
    Oh well..I'll figure it out.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the anniversary wishes.
    We didn’t do anything special at all. I went to ceramics and he watched a hockey game and napped.

Annie - I hope you feel better fast, there is a big going around here that had my granddaughter and youngest daughter out for a few days last week and early this week.

Carol - I hope you and DH get some answers soon.

Machka - that’s how I clean.

Heather - sorry you out in a rough night, I hope you’re sleeping soundly tonight.
    That show sounds interesting, I may see if I can find it here.

Allie - I am a grazer too. Can you just time the grazing out a bit, it doesn’t take much to get that number of calories.

Sue - I hope running into her doesn’t discourage you from your water time, I know how much you enjoy it.
    I am currently avoiding a whole city in the event I might run into my old boss so I surely understand it though.

I had a good day, sunny and not a lot of wind!
    I’m glad tomorrow is Friday though.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thanks for all the well wishes, I am feeling slightly better this morning. Yay! And thank you for the meme Machka. It's good to remember that you all care about me.

Today is day two of adult day care, so I should have some free time for a nap or a shower or something. I am almost out of dog food but I think I will take Dad with me to the pet store. He doesn't like shopping, but it's not always his choice.

Have a great day, and may you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good morning from the cool before the scorch of another Arkansas River Valley nearly-summer day... No rain in the two-week projections, and that's pretty typical.

Have to leave in 15 minutes for the final Skyrizi infusion, then they'll move me to at-home injections. I'll find out more about that at the gastro appt two weeks from now. Got a whole week next week with no appointments outside the house!

This weekend is our son and his DSO coming in, and possibly my DBIL, for a Father's Day lunch with Corey's favorite foods... although if he wants traditional American potato salad, he'll have to make it. I'm reasonably sure that potatoes should not ever be eaten cold, but not many people agree with me. He made an absolutely amazing (hot) roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

I steeped and made up a Thai basil and lemon tea for him, and will stop and get some fresh ginger today on the way back home, I think. It will make a great addition to the tea - his suggestion, and a good one. Hopefully it will make it smell better! Right now, it smells just like the wet grass mixed with gas and dirt that comes out from under the mower each weekend. Goes to show you can make something for someone else that you wouldn't eat or drink in a million years.

Except potato salad. Urk. 😜

Gotta fly - need to turn off the sprinkler going on his garden and get out the door.

Later, y'all,
    Happy Friday!
    Love,
    Lisa in AR