Will do my shot in a bit
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Rori - Corey reminds me occasionally how much better I am than I was a couple years ago. It's easy to get frustrated with how things are, without remembering how far I've come. Thanks for the reminder. So glad you enjoyed your time at the reunion and with your old love. Hope your time with your new love is just as fun, and continues to suit your terms of endearment. :smiley:

It's going to be a scorcher today, but it's that time of year here... It's not going to get any cooler until September, at best. That's OK, lots for me to do in the early mornings outside and the rest of the day inside.

Not much today, just catch up on the quilt, which I've shamefully neglected the last three or four days, and a recommended book from a favorite author (Martha Wells--more fantasy/sci-fi than anything else) for when I'm taking a break from the quilt.

Have a good day, my chickens... 🐣🐤🐥🐤🐣🐥🐔🐿️🐤🐤🐣🐣🐥😁

Love,
    Lisa in AR

PS - Thank you to whoever posted first about paying attention to the Clutterbug videos. I caught up to her on YouTube, and really enjoy her stuff.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    To help me stay motivated I am watching some Sten Ekberg videos on YouTube. I watched his one on Fatty liver and Metabolism. He also had one on intermittent fasting. He stressed how important that you do fasting do it in a way where you do not stress your body. If you do then your set point will sabotage you. He used the example of the Biggest Loser in that so many gained all their weight back and more because of how they lost their weight. It is important not to eat overly processed foods-high sugar starch that spike insulin when you do this. When you break your fast you should not feel ravenous so you don't over eat. Almost every video I have watched of his he talks about how bad seed oils are because of how the vast majority are processed. Besides wheat corn is also in so much in our food supply. In reading labels put back on the shelf with anything saying high fructose corn syrup. Our livers are not made to handle that much fructose. Also much of our meat the animals are fed corn to fatten them up. If it fattens them up it fattens us up.

Drew is steadily getting better. Heart murmur and anemia is gone. Her platelets are still low so I will continue with a super green powder! She did have a lump that is a fatty tumor not cancer! I am having her titered for her rabies shot.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Rita -National Peanut Butter Cookie Day is right up my baking alley today! I've removed a bunch of butter from my Cowboy Cookies recipe and replaced it with peanut butter, thrown out the chocolate chips completely (and replaced them with fruit for Corey), and plan to make a batch today. I tried using honey in them, but it makes them tough. Waiting on a grocery delivery for a couple items I need, but I can get a lot of things ready in advance, so it's a really quick put together. The oatmeal I put in them is one of the few fibers my body can tolerate.

Back to my doings...
    Lisa in AR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Here is some of the information I got with the 80/20 plan for pre-diabetics:
    Grocery list
    p03tp2s9yf8t.jpeg
    egby7vv6x3mi.jpeg
    d0nrtm79rh8z.jpeg
    t5fidfpxoo6v.jpeg
    b3yimyeui50e.jpeg
    6im0yn1rmone.jpeg
    ubhk8l0f02gl.jpeg
    n4v5nu1c4p52.jpeg
    c92m6ehxm8qb.jpeg
    wg7h5ppdaswb.jpeg

Week 1 Food Plan
    t0iv67cngamg.jpeg
    av0owlmva3cu.jpeg
    8ap8f32pba2c.jpeg
    lhk8qjpoclsj.jpeg
    dsslc862suoz.jpeg
    xiex1y9ruz2f.jpeg
    9j0w1ojiuh3u.jpeg

Snack list
    9fqnm3nh99jh.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did an incline interval workout then did my own thing in the water. Then to Aldi for a few things and then the ortho MD. After Aldi stopped at Target to get this scratching post for the kitties. Is it cute, or is it cute?

I’ll be getting an insert. He said it’ll be made so that I don’t have pressure on my foot when I walk and in time it will go away. Sure hope so.

M – see, here in the South every place (except now McD’s) let you take free refills. As a matter of fact, restaurants ask you if you’d like a “to go” cup. I hadn’t heard of this until I moved South. Usually, you do have to buy the cup, but I know a lot of people will buy the small size and refill it a few times

Rita – I like your breakfast (except for the almond butter)

Michele NC

who is out to the pool

0ohk8bo63wq0.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Quiet day. Waitrose delivery. My frozen meatballs for dinner. That's the last of them. :'(

My old microwave had a plate warmer button. I absolutely hate cold plates for serving. This new one doesn't. After extensive googling, I settled on some silicone warmers from Amazon. You put them on the plates and microwave. Two plates take 1 minute. They arrived today and work well. :D
    We only use the microwave for plate warming, heating coffee with milk, and occasionally heating cooked food. Also thawing ice cream, and softening butter.
    So, all good.

Recorded Maigret to watch tonight.

Allie - Sorry to hear your brother is under so much stress. I know your kind heart will worry. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Rori - I am thrilled hearing about your "friend with benefits". When I (barely) filled out that online dating thing, I put in 50 mile radius. More pictures came in this morning. Poor fellas. How sad to be judged on appearance right off the bat. I think my #1 requirement would be great sense of humor, positive attitude = makes me laugh. Jokes around and tells funny stories - I'd gladly reciprocate. No dour, sour outlook on life. My DH went through periods of moods like that throughout our marriage and I served my time putting up with it. But he did have a great silly sense of humor when he was feeling good and I miss that. Anyways, I'd be up for a "blind date" with the guy pre-vetted by good friends of mine. :p Thereby saving $$ on having to hire a private detective!

Annie - happy to hear your dad had a good time at the adult day care. That sure sounds ideal. What a nice break for you. <3

Pip - so sad about the squirrel. You are a sweetie for laying it to rest under a cool bush.

NEWS FLASH Chickens are descended from dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus Rex:
    A couple days ago, Thelma snatched something from the leaf pile she was digging in. I thought it was a fat nightcrawler but she was having a hard time gulping it down. I got closer to take a look - it had little legs. She found a teeny skink (lizard). She eventually managed to swallow it. So she had a lizard in her gizzard. :p And this morning, Fairy was working on something under a tree. It was teeny and I think I could see little feathers on it. It must have been a baby bird that fell out of the nest. Down the hatch! Pterodactyls beware. :p

Rita - thank you for posting that 80/20 grocery list. I think the diabetes prevention program I'm on is a bit more stringent, but it's early days and we are still learning how to "build our plates" ;) So this might just work out the same.

Speaking of building our plates, I picked up some plastic containers this morning that are divided into 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/4 segments. Good practice for calibrating portion size.

Allie - Sorry to hear about your brother.

I've had a vibration plate for a couple years. A Lifepro Waver Mini. Supposed to be good for improving balance and some studies have shown it improves bone density. Not sure, but it just might rev up metabolism too. I use it more in the winter when I can't get outside and walk. I like it. These things are HEAVY so you might want to have Dan set it in place for you. I put mine right behind my recliner so I can put my hands on the back of the chair to help with balance if I need it. Some folks put them next to a wall, counter, etc. I'm sure you'll find a good place. I use 15 minute pre-set programs that really go "high speed" but it's advisable to start out on the slow programs and work up. Let us know how you like it.

Nice breeze blowing, the remaining back yard should be dry enough to mow.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pip- looks great and I sure hope you feel better..
    Have to make a grocery list and have to see the nutrionist tomorrow.
    Have to check with insurance to see how much the insurance will cover.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Pip -
    hoping you feel better soon.

thinking of you,
    Kim
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lisa- no not that ,called my insurance tomorrow I'll call medicare..its medicare that i need to talk to..insurance is paying for the Trulicity i upped the dose to 1.5mg .or the Aprn did.and did a 3 month supply so im set its for the nutrionist and dietitian im worried about being covered.