Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Answers

• capgordon2393
    capgordon2393 Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 9
    Totally agree the news feed could be that spark of motivation from a friend u see them getting *kitten* done and it makes u get going
  • Julieann_MB
    Julieann_MB Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 9
    Please bring it back. Was the only reason I logged on some days.
  • pcook410
    pcook410 Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 9
    Along with most of you, I’m very disappointed in the removal of the feed. That’s where I met and celebrated successes with my friends. Now we are disconnected, and I feel very alone. I don’t know about you but I’m not comfortable sharing my journey with total strangers. I don’t “friend” people I don’t really know. No one has yet explained why this removal was necessary. For this reason I will probably be leaving MFP in the near future. It just no longer meets my needs. BTW….this is coming from an 80 yr old woman who lost 130 pounds using MFP. I’m going to miss it.
  • jimiller25
    jimiller25 Posts: 6 Member
    I am sad that the newsfeed was taken away. It helped so much with encouraging friends and celebrating our successes. This is why I came here and stayed for several years! Some of us connected so much we even met in real life and still keep in touch! This is a huge mistake. I have been a premium paying member for at least 2 years. Time to rethink staying here.
  • n8nvicki
    n8nvicki Posts: 1 Member
    I’m trying to find out where I can go now to see my friends workouts, days they logged in and diet plans. I can’t even get to my notifications that have been sent to me by friends. The main reason I use this app.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,622 Member
    edited July 9
    It has been removed from the MFP app permanently at this point - announced to occur by end of June. Some people saw it happen delayed a bit, depending on when app updates happened, or something.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 9
    MFP decided it wasn't valuable enough to update it and deleted the entire feature. :(
  • debtrac
    debtrac Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 9
    I wish MFP hadn’t taken away the number of days logged. That was an inspiring part of MFP. Please bring it back
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,684 Member
    edited July 9
    debtrac wrote: »
    I wish MFP hadn’t taken away the number of days logged. That was an inspiring part of MFP. Please bring it back

It's still there: in the app, go to the 'More' menu and you'll see it at the top.
    I still see it on my homepage too, but I'm not sure if everyone has the some homepage view.
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 369 Member
    I suggest we all send an email to complain. I’ve been on MFP for over a decade! I can’t see how my friends are going and I’m no longer encouraged or accountable because no one can see if I over eat now. Worst decision ever. Think I will use another app
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 146 Member
    Wow... This is BS.

Underarmor has done nothing but make this app worse and worse.

Congrates A-holes
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,684 Member
    Wow... This is BS.

Congrates A-holes

Under Armour sold this app years ago.
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 103 Member
    This was one of the dumbest decisions. I've been with MFP since it started. I got to meet & cheer on people on here. Now I can't. What's the purpose of this app.? You took away the fun.. the encouragement, the interactions with the people we chose to become friends with. Sad... you're going to lose a lot of people.
  • samickgirl
    samickgirl Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 12
    Ridiculous that they took away the best feature of this app! It's like they don't want us to be social with folks we have known and encouraged on here for years... the big lie of low utilization is insulting... what are you really doing mfp? I will be bidding you adieu after 4431 days logged, and I've been here since 2010...smh
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    Wow... This is BS.

Congrates A-holes

Hasn't belonged to Underarmor in four years. (And they sold it at a loss.) You are insulting the wrong people.

• lailalakhaniali
    lailalakhaniali Posts: 9 Member
    I could not agree more. What's the point of having friends if you can't see their progress and encourage one another or get meal ideas from others. This is so ridiculous. MFP - wrong decision, sorry!
  • Clutch350
    Clutch350 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes! Bring back the news feed!