Moving the scale….

Options
Good morning everyone, I really need some accountability, anyone want to be MyFitnessPal friends to help move the scale going down?! It keeps going up and I need help to move it the other way!

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    You are the only person you can be accountable to.

Set some goals. Develop plans to meet the goals. Then start working on them and most of all STICK TO IT.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,837 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% in agreement with Mtaratoot: Accountability is a solo sport, predominantly.

That said, surrounding ourselves with people who are on a similar course can be helpful to keep our heads in the game.

Other people differ, but I found the "MFP friend" thing to have some downsides, in that context. So, so many people start here with all the enthusiasm in the world, often armed with a revolutionary plan for all-good eating and lots of intense exercise . . . then burn out quickly, after a honeymoon period, and disappear from MFP. For me, that was dispiriting, fed my doubts that the process could work.

But it can work! As Mtaratoot said, gotta STICK WITH IT. That puts a premium on a personalized, realistic, sustainable plan, rather than an extreme and difficult one, IMO.

For the support/friendship side of it, can I make a suggestion?

There are a bunch of groups or threads here in the Community that have been going on for a long time, that can help keep us in the game. Yes, some people still join and leave, but the overall group/thread keeps going, almost has a life of its own, and people stick with it. There are "check in" type threads/groups (mostly reporting progress) and challenges (of various types, i.e., to accomplish certain goals or stick with certain practices).

You can find a lot of those in one or the other of these two areas, read the intro post to learn what that option is all about, then follow the instructions to join in (some, you just need to post):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Maybe consider that option for getting friends/support?

Best wishes!
  • globaldestinyfitness
    globaldestinyfitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will be your fitness pal I use to be a trainer I'm 49 and weigh 98lbs. I'm semi-retired so i dont mind
  • JoyfullyStrong
    JoyfullyStrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These messages are all so inspiring. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to me! I haven’t been active on the community aspect of MFP, so I’m learning as I go. I really hope to have contact with you all again. It’s refreshing to see great people aware of wellness and discipline!
  • BKB273
    BKB273 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need an accountability buddy, too, for motivation and help!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Happy to be your friend! Have been here for 10 years. You can do this!!