LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 278 Member
    AF - 2
    A - 0

Walked again today. Ate slightly over my calories, but not too bad only about 100 calories. I’ll walk an extra lap tomorrow to make up for it.

Made a promise to myself not to drink this month. Sent my dear, sweet, loving husband to the store; and he brought home a bottle of wine for me. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ It was not on the shopping list. I guess he wants me to drink with him on his birthday (July 4). Well, I’ll just have to do even more laps on Thursday then.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    July:
    AF = 1
    A = 1
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    AF again last night, yes please!
    Going to hit 105 degrees here today so will go water my plants and get out on my walk soon.

Current:
    AF days - 2
    A days - 0

July Goal:
    AF days - 16-18
    A days- 12-14
  • Michieb125
    edited July 3
    Good to see you too @forestdweller1! Your goals are inspiring!
  • NonnieDoiron
    AF - 2
    A - 1

Had 1 glass of wine tonight, and I still have extra calories for the day after walking a couple laps today. I need to head to bed. Big day tomorrow. Good night all, and Happy 4th of July!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    Happy 4th of July everyone!!

jolqltficpbo.jpg
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    Happy 4th Of July

Hope everyone receives some joy out of this day. Be safe

As of this morning I have no alcohol drink plans slotted for today and have maintained an AF accountability thus far for July 😆.

There are some great music venues going on today which have scrumptious frozen AF drink options.

@globalhiker you may be feeling the effects of the tannins or sulfates in those wines. Huge reason I could never drink wine. I would turn into a mess, my eyes would water, nose would run, cough and a few times throat started getting tight as if my lungs were swelling.
  • NonnieDoiron
    AF - 2
    A - 2

Drank the last 3 glasses in that bottle of wine yesterday. Shouldn’t have done that. Ended up snacking, and screwed up my calories for the day. I even walked an extra lap (laps are about 1-1/2 mile). I guess I’ll be walking 2 extra laps today.
  • Michieb125
    Your plans sound like a fun way to celebrate the 4th, @Womona and @SparkSpringtime69! Banking is an interesting concept!

We enjoyed a super nice and relaxing day with my son and his wife - had quiche, a strawberry spinach salad, some cheeses and a red, white and blue decorated cheesecake. DH and I grilled burgers later for dinner. Had my planned white wine for the holiday (Wed and Thursday) - 7 glasses total in two days. Planning AF nights for the next two days - choosing a balanced approach!

Current:
    AF days - 2
    A days - 2
  • NonnieDoiron
    AF - 3
    A - 2

Didn’t walk the extra lap today to make up for the extra wine/calories yesterday. No drinking today. I think I’m under my calorie goal for the day, but my Fitbit died during my walk. So, I’m not 100% sure. If I am over, it’s only about 100 calories.

I think it’s supposed to rain starting tomorrow for most of next week. I’ll be trying to use the treadmill… not a fan of it, but I can’t slack now. Need to get this weight off!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    @womona I have owned 2 different boats in my life and I know exactly what you are talking about.

Even though the coast guard frowns upon boating and drinks, it is a common practice. And I agree they go down very easy on the water.

Love hearing of your sailing excursions.