LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,715 Member
    chicbuc wrote: »
    @NonnieDoiron Stick to your guns. Nice of hubby, but sometimes they don't get it.

I'm not doing so great. I wasn't going to drink. I wasn't. Monday we went out to dinner with family, and I did drink wine. Then yesterday, hubby was taking some of his stuff out on me and I got frustrated and bought wine. Ugh. I know that's no excuse, but it's how I cope even though I don't want it to be how I cope. I still have some left IN THE HOUSE, too, so I will finish that off tonight and then freaking do this. Again. :disappointed:

AF = 2
    A = 7
    You are seen and heard!!!!! We have all been there. Tomorrow is another day, another day to reset.
  • Womona
    edited July 11
    AF_Brat wrote: »
    I'd love to join the group - had a rough time limiting the A this past holiday weekend, and I don't want to totally derail my goals! Summer is hard b/c you feel like you should be relaxing... same with holidays and weekends :D
    JULY 2024
    AF = 4
    A = 5

I agree, I find it harder in the summer to moderate than I would if it were colder. Then again, who doesn’t want a nice red wine or cognac to warm up when the weather gets colder? I guess the temptation to drink more than planned is always there. We can justify anything! That’s why I love this group, everyone is here to celebrate the wins and commiserate with falling short of a states goal.
  • Womona
    edited July 11
    Two small glasses of wine tonight. It equals about 1.5 glasses. I’’ll take it.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,877 Member
    Goals for July = Just showing up!

Closed on my home: 6/25 with intermittent moving through 6/27
    Big Move on 6/29
    Unpacking: Indefinitely!!! :)

I'm all over the place right now. Usually, ending the day with wine, not tracking food, and not intentionally exercising. I've given myself grace through the weekend to regroup with everything and then buckle down on all accounts until the end of the month. Then it's vacation time :)

AF = 0
    LA = 0
    A = 11

I hope everyone is doing well and meeting their goals.

@Michieb125 ~ How's your ankle? How's the book? Any good insight? I love your positive attitude!

@Womona, I could have written your same post of 7/1 with a few swaps (lost in January, sort of maintained, and then crept back up last month with all the distractions). My husband usually offers up a mixed drink, and then I switch to wine. I, too, have been very consistent with exercise—I'd say it's been my saving grace! How's it going on the boat? Oh no...so sorry you couldn't get your sail up and had to be towed in.

@NonnieDoiron ~ I'm sure I missed it but how's your situation with your MIL and your husband's challenge? Good luck on your goals for July. Your ring looks a LOT like mine :) Glad you could get it back on and soon, permanently! :)

@globalhiker ~ love it!
    It's sooo hot. It's so hot I can't feel my hot flashes anymore.
    Now that's HOT!

@chicbuc and @2timesacharmmfp ~ good luck with getting back on track and hitting your goals and targets!

@SparkSpringtime69 ~ I had limoncello for the first time when I went to Italy in 2012. It was so good .I have not tasted anything remotely similar in the States, so I've given up, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! :)

@MissMay ~ Congrats on your 3 week streak~ That's awesome!!!!

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,877 Member

@NonnieDoiron, thanks for the updates. I'm glad your hubby is being less dramatic. My husband opted for 5 treatments over 3 weeks of radiation, he's still dramatic though! :)

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    @itladyee - Congrats on your real estate transactions and all the best with your move! They say that buying and/or selling are top stressors for individuals even when it’s for a good reason. My calf/ankle muscles are mostly healed but it did take over a full month of being super cautious and no exercise. Wearing more supportive shoes as well. Thanks for asking!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 278 Member
    AF - 11
    A - 3