WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    Our warm weather has disappeared with a blast from the north 😝 Clear blue skies, but a biting wind.

Annie: Sorry about the diagnosis for your dad. It’s a rocky road you are travelling. I agree with others about not mentioning the fees for Daddy Day Care. You don’t need the hassle if he decides it’s too expensive. You need that respite.

Rebecca: I’m not that keen on clothes shopping myself. Not even shoes tempt me these days.

Getting ready for my guests tomorrow. We will work on my dining room table so need to clear out all the paraphernalia from my groups pronto.

My Austrian friend arrives on 12th July, which can be a little fraught in Northern Ireland, due to the annual Orange Parades. She is staying in the city centre for 4 days. It’s over a weekend, so we will spend some time with her and her husband. We will fit into whatever they are planning. We haven’t seen each other in over 30 years. We hosted each other over several years of educational exchanges with our twinned towns. We keep in regular touch. So looking forward to meeting in person again. .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ Happy 4th July πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ to all my American (and Canadian?) friends. It’s election day in UK, so I will be voting later.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Canadians celebrate Canada Day on July 1st!
    πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 🍁 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 🍁 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 🍁 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 🍁 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • Machka9
    1948CWB wrote: Β»
    For some unknown reason, Chrome deleted all my passwords saved in password manager. It has made it very difficult to get to some of the sites I visit daily. Fortunately, I have been able to make new passwords and they are being saved.

Carol in GA

I've never saved my passwords in a password manager. I've never trusted them.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka - hopefully the migraines cease now and the hairspray works.
    Nora Roberts put a new trilogy and new stand alone out each year. I love most of the trilogies. I don’t have trouble finding her books though. Here her books list what are stand alone and what are trilogies at the front of each book.

Machka - I find it easier to move the stuff and get rid of it after myself. Trying to get to donation centres or dealing with selling stuff during a move is stressful.
    When do you expect to be fully moved to the new house?

Tracey in Edmonton

3 days without that horrible hairspray.
    3 days without a headache!

We have to be out of our rental house by mid-August.

I haven’t read JD Robb either, I heard it was a futuristic series that she doesn’t and I’m not so much into that.

JD Robb's are set in mid-21st-century New York City (about 2050 or so) ... so they aren't very futuristic. There are a few things which are commonly imagined might exist in the future like flying cars but for the most part you wouldn't know it's futuristic. The main character is a homicide cop dealing with the usual things a homicide cop would deal with.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,119 Member
    :)<3 Warm weather (75 degrees F) expected today.