WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,124 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    [

Well last night I took two Benadryl and slept soundly through the night. A bit groggy today but eventually came around. Going to have some popcorn and get ready for bed. Tomorrow I work in the office.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

If I too two Benadryl, I would be up ALL night- I react the opposite to it. Found out the hard way that the PM in TylanolPM is Benadryl.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    Rebecca: What fun you will have on your travels.

Heather: I am beyond impressed by the progress you have made. It must be so good to have your independence back.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

As it is, my sister decided to put out a blanket invite via Messenger to her home. It should be interesting to see who RSVPs to her! Its like 13+ people.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Flea - I had to laugh at the “vintage” all in the wording. 😂

Kim - Glad you had a better visit than expected with your mom.
    I have read any of her JD Robb books.

Kylia - Rodger and I went to a car show today and they had a Shelby there. I told DH about you. I told him you had other cars too, but didn’t remember what.

Rebecca - it would make me sad too. I get that. I’m had that problem with Kaitlyn for a bit, she would visit friends and think nothing of the drive and not visit me. I tried to remember what I was like at those ages and could remember times when I know I hurt my parents by not visiting them as often or as long as they would have liked. I regret some of those decisions now.
    Ours were across the country though not within a little drive.

Barbara - that sounds like a pricy repair bill. I’m sorry you are having to deal with it.

Lauryn, Ryan and the Grands came out about 830pm and we went to see the fireworks. They were nice and the kids were happy so it was fun.
    I am going to bed as soon as my feet warm up.
    7uu0ho77wtbk.jpeg
    bhyn4mevdyo0.jpeg
    vwbmwv0my3m1.jpeg
    qlb5hlmd3f47.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

Great photos! I too have to remind myself that their life is more hectic than ours. Its harder to just up and leave to visit us. We will travel (well I will travel) until it is not safe for me to do so.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [quote="Whidislander;c-48169949"

What's frustrating is they have traveled to other places and not brought the dogs, so in my mind that reason should just be off the table, but son still makes it one. He has a right sure, but putting their pets first and always us second, or like never makes me sad sometimes. We have lived here since 2018 and they have not visited once. I have lost count how many times we he driven, or I have taken the train.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I am sorry your son and his family don't make you a priority. They are all missing out on so much. At least once a year they should make the trip(more often would be better)
    [/quote]

There will come a time when we won't be able to travel, and I suppose I can be ornery and demand visits. 😂💖.
    Athena does say she's never been to my house. I always say, "no you havent, you should some day"!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,975 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    After we spent almost two hours waiting, Dad saw a geriatrician today who diagnosed him with stage four Alzheimer's. He is a little disturbed. He didn't realize he had gotten that bad. I'm not surprised. In fact I feel a little better about taking over parts of his life. I'm nervous about his future, though. The possibility of a memory care home in a few years just got stronger.

So I bought some more books on Amazon, and now I feel better. I'm becoming a shopoholic! 😊

Annie in Delaware

Are some of the books on caring for someone with dementia?

You're going to need all the help you can get.
  • Machka9
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    ginnytez wrote: »
    [

Well last night I took two Benadryl and slept soundly through the night. A bit groggy today but eventually came around. Going to have some popcorn and get ready for bed. Tomorrow I work in the office.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

If I too two Benadryl, I would be up ALL night- I react the opposite to it. Found out the hard way that the PM in TylanolPM is Benadryl.

Whereas, if I took 2 Benadryl, I'd be out cold for a solid 24 hours or more. 1 knocks me out for 12 hours and leaves me feeling like I could easily sleep more.

I used them with that horrible rash in Canada last October.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

The bill came for his adult day care class. I'm nervous about telling him because he probably forgot there's a fee. Hmm. Maybe I will tell him it's because he gets lunch. I guess I'm afraid he will want to quit, but he seems to like it.

Annie in Delaware

Do you have to tell him about it?

I would encourage you to do some research online about the current and next stages of Alzheimer’s. Knowledge is power!

What Are the Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease?
    https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-progression-alzheimers

• Machka9
    edited July 3
    These days I am getting my strength training in just about every day!

Lifting, carrying, lifting, carrying ...

g3ojzl5lcrvt.png