WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,757 Member
    Tracey - never said how much I loved the pics with the grands! Love the relationship you have with those young ones.

Allie -
    Hope today with Miles has gone well.

Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,500 Member
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    😁🇱🇷💖
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
    Stats for the day-

Short outside bike ride- 1hr 34min 39sec, 187elev, 70aw, 127ahr, 159mhr, 14.1amph, 22.30mi= 802c
    Strava = 443c
    Short walk to meet family and back- 23.04min, 18elev, 3.16ap, 96ahr, 127mhr, 1.23mi= 127c
    Strava app= 151c
    Walk home to gym- 12.54min, .53mi= 76c
    Strava app= 65c
    Elliptical machine- 35min, 5incl, 5resist, 133ahr, 159mhr, 2.80mi= 322c
    Walk gym to home- 12.50min, .53mi= 59c
    Strava app= 66c

Total cal 1386

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,722 Member
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    Heather - I hope you enjoy your visit to the death cafe this evening. It’s great that your DIL knows you so well.
    I wish we knew and really understood how important our health is when we’re young. Life just seems so endless then and the people telling us are all “old” at least 30. I hope your friend gets some answers.

Lisa - does that window tint cut down on the reflection on tv or glass? I need something for when my new sofa is here.
    You have to watch the movie Sing. It’s about a pig singing. 😂
    I watched the video of your tree being cut down. It made me homesick, it was a daily sound for me growing up.
    Egg really is smart.

Annie - I bet moving the bike upstairs would be quite helpful. I haven’t read JD Robb either, I heard it was a futuristic series that she doesn’t and I’m not so much into that. Some of her trilogies got to be a bit much for me too, I didn’t like a couple of them because of shape-shifting and such.

Machka - hopefully the migraines cease now and the hairspray works.
    Nora Roberts put a new trilogy and new stand alone out each year. I love most of the trilogies. I don’t have trouble finding her books though. Here her books list what are stand alone and what are trilogies at the front of each book.

Kim - there have banks that have gone down here occasionally it always brings up the need for cash. I do try to keep cash in hand, I find I don’t spend as much when I do.

Rita - it’s so good that you have a therapist you can connect with. It’s hard to build that relationship from my understanding.

Lanette - that is a wood cutout of a bison. It’s been there for years but for some reason last night I had forgotten about it being wood so Lauryn had a great laugh at my expense. A while later, close to the time I took the picture Michaela pointed it out to me and said “hey Grammie, did you see the buffalo?”. I thought she was teasing me but she hadn’t heard our conversation earlier so was being genuine. She is not one to tease either so I don’t know why I thought that. I swear I was sober.

I hope your ladies stay nice and cool.

Those temps in California are crazy! Stay safe and cool everyone.

Allie - how kind of your neighbour to call.
    Woody and Buzz sure have had a long career.
    When it originally came out on VHS my cousin’s 2 year old that I was babysitting thought that Woody said “you want a piece of meat” and went around saying it for months afterwards. We all still say it when we’re being silly.

Rebecca - I always feel bad for Rodger’s family, he never calls them or even cares to. I do call his Mom on a regular basis but unless I force it he doesn’t talk. His excuse is “I don’t like talking on the phone” it’s stupid ridiculousness.

Annie - I know you are very uncomfortable about keeping things from your Dad but at this point in time it might be better for him and certainly for you. I would just pay the bill and allow him to keep going. If he’s that advanced he won’t have it available for long.
    What authors do you read?

Machka - I find it easier to move the stuff and get rid of it after myself. Trying to get to donation centres or dealing with selling stuff during a move is stressful.
    When do you expect to be fully moved to the new house?

Lisa - I love the relationship I have with them too. I assume Jonah will soon be too old and cool to hang with Grammie, he’ll be 13 in September. I hope I’m wrong.
    He’s such a sweetheart.

Ginny - has there been an update on your retirement home yet?

We went and bought a new to us dishwasher today. This is the 4th one we’ve had here the last one was brand new. I think the problem is how it’s plumbed so we’re going to change that a bit before we start using this one.

I have been applying for some jobs, I wish there was a better way of doing it. I don’t think I do well writing cover letters and promoting myself. Just give me a job and let me show you what I can do. It’s a frustrating, aggravating and depressing process for me.
    If I had money I would hire someone to apply for them for me. 😂

I am going to ceramics tonight, class is over until September, so it’s drop in until then. I am working on a set of see, hear and speak no evil snowmen.

I may try to get back after ceramics.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Lee calls his Mom major holidays like Christmas, Mothers Day and her Birthday, but that's it. She is used to him "checking in" every time he changed commands. I need to hear from my family and boys, pretty much fairly frequently. I equate them caring about me with that, but my husband hasn't really connected with his siblings in years. We send them Christmas cards and that's it.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,757 Member
    Tracey - Can you enlist with temporary placement companies? I had a lot of success at working for companies as a temp that then ended up being a good fit and going to work for them permanently. Just a thought. And yes, the reflective tint seems to cut down glare from every direction.

Lisa in aR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    Tracey - Can you enlist with temporary placement companies? I had a lot of success at working for companies as a temp that then ended up being a good fit and going to work for them permanently. Just a thought. And yes, the reflective tint seems to cut down glare from every direction.

Lisa in aR

Yes!

I did this several times in Canada and once in Australia.

I became a regular at a company located between Red Deer and Edmonton. They had a very small HR department and instead hired through employment agencies.

In Australia, I signed on with an agency and a short time later got a 4-month contract with a local government council. 2 years later I was still there.

So not only do you increase your chances of getting a job, the agencies help you with your resume, cover letter and interview ... and they offer online courses to upskill you in things like the MS Office products etc.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,975 Member
    <3