WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Happy Independence Day to all us Yanks! :p Let Freedom Ring but keep those M-80's in your own yard please, neighbors. Or better yet, since we are on the way to high temps and low humidity, just don't light them off. :/

Stiff breeze blowing and I've had to unfurl the flag twice already.

Stay cool, ladies.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

There are some towns(my home town included) that canceled or postponed their big fire works shows for tonight. I suggested they postpone until Christmas ;)
    They are all illegal here except for the city shows but that doesn't slow the neighbors down at all. They have been shooting them off for over a month. I will be up until 2-3 most likely, just watching to make sure the trees over our back fence don't catch fire. Juniper and Eucalyptus are right against and over our fence-super flammable.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,669 Member
    Hello all and Happy 4th to all here in USA!💙❤️🇺🇸

Rebecca:
    Great job food logging. I just started logging food again, too. Today is day 3 for me. Cooking for husband, mother and now sister I got carried away creating all kinds of delicious recipes over these past 3 months! Feels good to balance things out again.

Barbara:
    Way to Go with Better Bones and Balance! You’re inspiring me to re-start my gentle yoga home workouts (must awaken extra early while Mom is still sleeping to fit this in!).

Terri:
    Enjoy your guests tomorrow. So nice to reunite after 30 years - a lot to catch up on!

Heather UK:
    Great that you walked to voting and glad to hear all you met were cheerful! Enjoy your day!

Anne in DE: Hope you got your shower in! I have similar challenge planning my showers as caregiver to my Mom. But feels like a wonderful luxury once I get in that shower!

Macula: Love the 7 Types of Rest!

Hugs to all and loving this group! Thanks for being here ❤️😊🙏🏼

xo Jean in NJ

Its definitely a reality check huh? I think with all my beautiful food combinations I was probably eating 2000+ calories daily. My husband likes to fix his own meals for the most part, I am usually only prepping 3 or 4 meals out of the week. Which is great as I like to just be having coffee to end my eating window at 5 to 6 pm. I don't have any problem playing chef for him. Balance is a good word to what I'm feeling.👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,543 Member
    Pip - How could you resist not getting in the water with Yogi? Maybe you did! I'd at least be standing in it. ;)

Debbie - I know, people go crazy with these fireworks. Hope your plants stay safe. I have otherwise lovely neighbors a few doors down that are having a family BBQ and normally have a small aerial display every year. Hope they curtail that this year.

Flea - you are having a nice long vacation. Love the photo of you and the step grands. Nice to be able to visit family and catch up on the news. Keep having fun! <3 (You look great by the way.)

Ben Bickman: I'm a big fan of Dr. Ben Bickman, who wrote "Why We Get Sick" which addresses insulin resistance, and the roles carbs, fat and protein play in diabetes and even weight loss. I've been following his lead in cutting out sugar and "white" carbs - rice, flour, potatoes, pasta, etc.

He has another book coming out next week: "How Not to Get Sick." He made a video reviewing the book, which has a different format than his first book. It looks pretty good - I had plenty of Amazon points to spend, so ordered it. Here's a link if anyone is interested: 21 minutes.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
    Pip - How could you resist not getting in the water with Yogi? Maybe you did! I'd at least be standing in it. ;)

Debbie - I know, people go crazy with these fireworks. Hope your plants stay safe. I have otherwise lovely neighbors a few doors down that are having a family BBQ and normally have a small aerial display every year. Hope they curtail that this year.

Flea - you are having a nice long vacation. Love the photo of you and the step grands. Nice to be able to visit family and catch up on the news. Keep having fun! <3 (You look great by the way.)

Ben Bickman: I'm a big fan of Dr. Ben Bickman, who wrote "Why We Get Sick" which addresses insulin resistance, and the roles carbs, fat and protein play in diabetes and even weight loss. I've been following his lead in cutting out sugar and "white" carbs - rice, flour, potatoes, pasta, etc.

He has another book coming out next week: "How Not to Get Sick." He made a video reviewing the book, which has a different format than his first book. It looks pretty good - I had plenty of Amazon points to spend, so ordered it. Here's a link if anyone is interested: 21 minutes.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Then I’ll be walking around all soaked and I still would need to go to the gym, nah, I’m good
  • pipcd34
  • pipcd34
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka love the pic of your summer bathtub but wow am I impressed you were able to maintain all your gorgeous hair in a dishpan with a shower bag rinse. Pioneer spirit! I’m with you about password managers, I keep a little handwritten address book. ;}

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Like this ... it's in a tight braid and all covered up.

7rjo9p5t6ff7.png

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    Lanette Agreed with Ben Bickman. Loved his take on fermented foods. Microbes eat the sugars and leave the good stuff for us. Some of those microbes are also good for us. Lifestyle is what got us into our metabolic problems and changing lifestyle will get us out. I will add that reaching for the pill is not the long term answer. Unfortunately reaching for the pill comes with unwanted side effects.

Thanks for sharing Lanette...I am just encouraged that there are voices out there giving alternatives to finding the way back to health that are based in good nutrition and positive lifestyle changes. Also addressing the emotional pieces too. I still think of that title Face your Stuff or Stuff your Face.

It does take patience to make major changes. Some progress comes quickly and sometimes there are set backs because of life. As more knowledge if obtained in this field I can always change my mind and also judge how the changes work for me.

Staying up a bit later tonight because fireworks are still going off. Still time to start to get ready...

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    B)