Guys I am stuck what should I do next

sriuvaraajgv
sriuvaraajgv Posts: 3 Member
edited July 8 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys I am uvaraj 21 years male from india
I am 168 cm in height and currently 73 kg
I started my weight lose journey on April
On that time I weighed 87 I used various resources and made diet plan and lost 14 in this 3 month but currently my weight lose rate slow previously I lost 1.5 or 2 kg a week but for the last 15 days I lost only 1 kg
For the same diet. Currently I am consuming approx 1200-1300 calories day with 140 g protein ,100g carb and 18g fiber . fiber and carb varies regularly someday less carb and High fiber viva. And my step count for a day is 12k . Apart from this i also do workout 1 1/2 hr per day for 6 days in a week. I do inclined walking for 10 - 15 mins at the end of each session.
I don't know whether my body became saturated or not should continue the diet or do reverse dieting increase my calories to maintenance level and starting again once if so how much do I need to increase per week

Help me guys

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Dude, let me say this in the kindest possible way: If your calorie counting is correct then eat more! You're not very heavy to start with, and trying to lose 1kg per week, or even 2! is crazy. A man should not eat less than 1500 kcal per day to get adequate nutrition. Also, just eating lots of protein while not eating a lot does not preserve muscles. Your body can only lose so much bodyfat, and then munches on your muscles.

There are two possible answers:

1. you're counting your calories poorly. This seems unlikely given the crazy loss you had
    2. you're stressing your body like crazy, and as a result you're moving less, fidgeting less, both lowering your calorie needs, and elevated cortisol, leading to more water weight which masks weightloss.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    Eat more. Stop losing so fast. Either by your own choice. Or because your body will make you

You're also increasing the already high probability of a rebound.

You're not very heavy now

You want a real challenge? Lose no more than 0.25kg (and also dont gain more than 0.25kg) per week on average over any 2 to 3 week time period for the next year!

Weight stable? Excellent! A bit down if that's what you want? Awesome! A bit up intentionally or unintentionally that's good too!

A bit at a time!

Do that for a year
    Then for two ;-)
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,488 Member
    Also, if you're eating 140 grams protein=560 calories, 100 grams carbs=400 calories,
    1200-960=240, 240/9=26.67 grams fat=not a lot to fuel your body, even according to those who advocate low fat, I think.
    You guys who know more than I do, help me out, please. Am I thinking right?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Also, if you're eating 140 grams protein=560 calories, 100 grams carbs=400 calories,
    1200-960=240, 240/9=26.67 grams fat=not a lot to fuel your body, even according to those who advocate low fat, I think.
    You guys who know more than I do, help me out, please. Am I thinking right?

Yes. You're thinking right. Fats are an essential nutrient. There's no getting adequate nutrition on too few calories.

I think 0.35-0.45g of fat per pound of bodyweight per day would IMO be a good goal. That's about 0.8-1g per kg bodyweight per day. A man might get away with a bit less, maybe 0.65g/kg/day. For OP at 73 kg, that would be a bare minimum of 48 or so grams, or 432 calories of fat. (That's if I did the arithmetic right, which sometimes I don't. :grimace: .)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    You're eating too little. If you're consuming that much and working out your NET CALORIES are TOO LOW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Definitely eat more - you are only eating the amount that a young child needs, not an active adult male.

Work on getting your fiber closer to 30g per day if you can, and more water along with it - that's just generally good for you in the long term. :)
  • sriuvaraajgv
    sriuvaraajgv Posts: 3 Member
    Ok guys then how much calories should I need to increase .How to increase like should I directly increase it or should I increase it gradually