Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @Teresa502 Nice 5F5!

@ContraryMaryMary It cooled me down just hearing about your cold weather :). It sounds like a nice run, minus toe coldness.

I have a hard run planned for tomorrow 16km with 12 of them at goal marathon pace, and had a hard run yesterday, so today I took it easy on pace. I ran 11km. The sky and clouds were really beautiful with the sun shining through, so I stopped to take a picture.
    w9s7g4w34ku4.jpeg

106/270km for August.

Gorgeous! Hope you get a good night's rest and bust that 16K run tomorrow!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Great running @Laurz9191 . Love the picture. So pretty.

@kgirlhart Nice running. Sorry about the stressful inventory. I hope it is relatively uneventful from this point until it is done.

@yirara I'm sorry you weren't able to train for the HM. You are doing great considering you were sick.

Nice running @Mari33a . I hope the Garmin plan works out for you. Which coach did you chose?

Well, that stinks @AlphaHowls . I hope they turn it back on at some point.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,217 Member
    @quilteryoyo - I chose Coach Amy Parkerson Mitchell

@ContraryMaryMary - Your poor friend. It's terrible what people have to go through but also amazing what medicine can do!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 5.85 at 09"52

@ContraryMaryMary 😱😱😱
    Glad tumour removed
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Great running @ContraryMaryMary . That bull doesn't look very friendly, but calves are always so cute. I'm glad your running friend found out what was going on and got it taken care of before it caused permanent damage. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for her.

I hope your runs are getting easier for you @tarun_yadavA .

Nice running @martaindale . I hope you aren't too sore from the Pilates.

@Scott6255 Sorry your run was hard today. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. It's hard when you have an injury and the heat to deal with in the summer. I have full confidence that you can get ready for your October race.

Wow. Great running @Laurz9191 !
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    Trying to catch up on recent posts…

Thank you for the well wishes @ContraryMaryMary, @tarun_yadavA, @quilteryoyo, @Teresa502 and @Scott6255 and also to those of you who gave ((hugs)).

Good thing about COVID: I stayed off my feet and tendon is less sore. Fever and body aches and bad headache and digestive issues are gone. Left with congestion and a bit of a cough.

I took a 1.5 mile walk in the neighborhood this morning. Feeling the tendon, but not too bad. I think I’ll actually have to fish out my ankle brace from back in my Marathon and HM running days to get this ankle to heal. The gnats, mosquitoes and horseflies were out in full force this morning and I’m also the life of their party! 😩

@tarun_yadavA only 4 weeks for marathon training- sounds quite like you!! 😂 and also amazing! Also, thought about the Noah Lyle 200-meter run and went outside to try it myself in the height of my illness too!! (NOT!!)

@AlphaHowls i was too late to see Rhonda the Roundabout in action, but I agree with the others - crazy laps around Rhonda - sounds like a plan!! Need to set up a campaign for the Rhonda 500!

@ContraryMaryMary so glad your friends tumor removal was a success and hoping for a smooth, speedy recovery.

@Scott6255 sorry to hear the morning run was a bit rough. This heat and humidity is seriously annoying!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    August 2 – 4.82 miles
    August 3 – 3.01 miles
    August 6 – 5.49 miles
    August 7 – 5.06 miles
    August 9 – 6.01 miles
    August 10 – 3.12 miles
    August 12 – 5.12 miles
    August 14 – 5.23 miles
    August 15 – 5.07 miles
    Total 42.93 miles/60 miles

Another 5F5 day. We are starting to have cooler mornings here. This morning the temperature was a nice 62F.

Happy Birthday @SummerSkier!! Enjoy your day off!

@yirara – We love hearing about vacations! Are you going out of town? If so, are you planning on getting in running in while you are away? My favorite way to explore a new place is on foot. You have time to notice more and get off the beaten path.

@AlphaHowls – No more Rhonda cam? Disappointing!

Good luck with your inventory @kgirlhart – hope you get it all done and behind you today.

That’s an adorable father/son photo @ContraryMaryMary. I’m so glad your friend went to the optometrist and they recognized there was a big problem. Glad she is recovering well.

Glad you are feeling better @daria0919. Sounds like the tendon might need some rest a bit longer though.