Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Happy Birthday @SummerSkier and Mama @quilteryoyo!
    108 miles with 14 days to go... I should do it

:D:D Way to rise to the challenge!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Glad you were able to run a little without hurting your ankle @daria0919 . Slow and easy return to running is the best way to go.

Wow @AlphaHowls ! The heavens were impressed as we all are!

Thanks @martaindale ! Sounds like you found a new virtual trainer that you like. Good luck with your long run tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler than expected.

@Teresa502 Great run this morning and love the pictures! I hope your mental health day worked and you are feeling rejuvenated.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Afternoon all.

Got in 7.49M at 10"13.

@Teresa502 well done! Lovely run! .... Not long to go now! When do you fly? And where do you fly from/to? Must be excited!

@ContraryMaryMary good luck on your weekend of long running...

PS:
    Where did @chris_in_cal go???
    Did he make it to a 100 streak wise?
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Happy Birthday @SummerSkier and Mama @quilteryoyo!
    108 miles with 14 days to go... I should do it

:D:D Way to rise to the challenge!

@martaindale rest day schmest day lol
    Enjoy your weekend
  • quilteryoyo
    edited August 17
    @tarun_yadavA Great running. I have been wondering about @chris_in_cal too. I haven't seen anything on Strava from him lately either. I hope he is okay. Update: Just looked and his last activity was the 13th.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Aug total: 60.4/113 miles
    YTD: 621.9/1200 miles

8/3: 8.1 miles
    8/4: 2.8 miles
    8/5: 3.9 miles
    8/7: 3 miles
    8/9: 6.6 miles
    8/10: 8 miles
    8/12: 3.3 miles
    8/13: 3 miles
    8/15: 7.1 miles
    8/16: 4.5 miles
    8/17: 9.1 miles

I went to the greenway trail for my long run today. It was a brisk 77F. Obv still quite hot but after several 80F mornings, it actually felt slightly less horrible.
    Toward the end of my run a bobcat crossed the trail maybe 10ft in front of me and disappeared into the woods. It was pretty cool. I knew they lived in this area but I've never seen one in the wild.

I’m glad that 77F felt less horrible! LOL. I bet it was cool to see the bobcat.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I fly from my little airport to ATL on Friday. I will meet my friend there (she will be coming from Alabama). And from Atlanta we fly to Rome arriving Saturday morning. We don’t board the ship until Tuesday evening so we will get plenty of sightseeing time in Rome.

How exciting @Teresa502! My husband and I have been to Italy twice. Both were wonderful trips! You and your friend will have an amazing time!
  • quilteryoyo
    Glad the weather was a little better for you this morning @martaindale ! Great run. I love seeing wildlife, but sometimes they can be a bit too close for comfort.

I know you are excited about your trip @Teresa502 . I hope you have a wonderful time!

I'm so glad that you're CoVID symptoms are gone @daria0919 . Great job on the walk and I agree that getting out the door is often more than half the battle.

Semi running related info in the spoiler, if you are interested.
    I got a notice in the mail today that I have been selected for jury duty starting on 3 Sept. My understanding is that on that day I'll get further instructions, but we are basically on call for a trial for 4 months. I think I'll have to call in every night to see if I have to come in the next day, if I'm not selected for a jury. That is going to make it really hard to make plans for an entire 4 months!

They say that they will try to accommodate appointments and vacations, but there is no guarantee. I was planning to run the T-Minus 10 Miler again this year, but now I don't know if I should sign up for it or not. I'll just lose my money if I can't go. Maybe I'll wait until after 3 Sept and see what they actually say at orientation.

Having part time part jobs is going to make scheduling difficult for everyone since I won't know if I'm really available until the night before. And all of the appointments that mom and I have. I'm sure I'll make it work, but right now it is sounding like a real pain.

I'm curious. How is jury duty handled in your area of the country/world?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    August Goal: 130 Miles

8/1: 3.53 miles
    8/2: 6.05 miles
    8/4: 13.16 miles
    8/5: 3.13 miles
    8/6: 6.02 miles
    8/7: 6.05 miles
    8/8: 3.55 miles
    8/9: 6.02 miles
    8/11: 10.10 miles
    8/12: 3.52 miles
    8/13: 6.06 miles
    8/14: 3.16 miles
    8/15: 6.02 miles
    8/16: 2.02 miles

78.39/130 miles completed for August

I am posting two runs today. Thursday I got out for an uneventful 6 miles. It was a good run, just hot at 83° feels like 86°. The inventory went well on Wednesday but Thursday was busy entering all the info in. Luckily the guys have to do any recounts. I got them the list of discrepancies before I left and now I am on vacation until Wednesday. We decided to just do a "stay-cation" this time. It is too hot to do much and we have some things we want to take care of around the house. We did go out to eat at a place that does trivia on Thursdays and won 3rd place.

Yesterday I slept in too much and didn't get out until a little after 9. It was already too hot at 88° feels like 95°. I also tweaked my shoulder when I was brushing my hair, and it was hurting when I ran. So I cut the run short and just ran 2 miles. Last night we went to a sandwich place that has a bar and live music. It was pretty fun
    Today is my usual rest day. My shoulder feels much better today. I've done a few things around the house, but it is just so hot. It is 104° feels like 108°. I am planning to get out early in the morning to beat the heat We'll see how long my long run will be.

exercise.png