Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Nice running @kgirlhart . Is there another plan you could use that has you running more at the pace you like?

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Sorry to hear about your neighbor. You would think that a cyclist would pay more attention.

Great mileage for the year @SummerSkier !

Thanks @Scott6255 . I seriously considered not doing the workout! I'm glad your run outside went well and you didn't have any issues with your shin.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    @quilteryoyo bummer about the leak! Glad you fixed it
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA . I didn't exactly fix the leak, but I did stop it until I can figure out if I can actually fix it myself or not. LOL

Congrats on your fast 5K @yirara ! Sometimes I find I like structure and sometimes I don't. Glad you have found a programme you like.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    fungicide and weed killer required.
    I'm a big fan of flame weeding using LPG, BBQ gas, propane, etc.

It's fun, but takes a couple of season to really rid all weeds.

Best done in late winter, early spring when weeds are small and germinating.
  • quilteryoyo
    With my husband still away, it was no run for me yesterday. Instead, I channeled my inner @quilteryoyo and pruned all the trees along my driveway, got out the line trimmer to tidy the edges of the driveway, mowed the lawn, which in itself is a 2km walk, and then mowed the back lawn on the zero turn. And then I tidied the veggie garden in anticipation of planting new spring vegetables in the next few weeks. It was a pretty full day. Was shattered by the end of it but now I’m working up the energy to go outside and spray - fungicide and weed killer required.

My husband is currently on a aeroplane home and I’m looking forward to not being a solo parent anymore.
    Hahaha Sounds like you had a very productive day! I hope your husband has a safe trip home. Solo parenting is hard.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all
    Got in 9 miles again. 09"32 pace.
    Hot here in London today !

Have a lovely Sunday all

@ContraryMaryMary are you THAT wife? Poor bloke steps one foot in the door and receives a verbal long list of every single itemised thing that was done in his absence singlehandedly 🤣