Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    One issue that I have with the plans is they all seem to start at a lower mileage than what I am currently running. I don't want to run less. I just want to add in some speed work so I am not just running the same base run every time. I may skip the plan and just add in a tempo run or some hills or intervals occasionally.

Unless I’m coming off a higher load month or feel like I could use a bit of a break, I often skip ahead to a place that fits where I am actually starting from. If I want to make sure not to skip certain speed workouts early in the program, I add mileage to the easy workouts to get things to a volume that feels more appropriate for where my fitness is.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Great running @yirara .

Great picture @AlphaHowls . Is he going to watch the meteor shower tonight?

Great run in the heat @kgirlhart !

Nice running @martaindale . Happy Birthday to your hubby and MIL. I hope your FIL feels better soon.

HAHAHA @AlphaHowls . I am not a fan of roundabouts. I love that yours has a name AND a song! So funny. Poor Gary. Sounds like he needs a traffic cam.

Congratulations on your 5K distance today @AmunahSki !

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 5.85M at 09"50. Took it a bit easier after 18M over the weekend... And today is even hotter!

@ContraryMaryMary well done on the 10Miler! 🙌🏽
    As for the list of things as soon as a man walks through the door when he's been away.... I kid.

Anyone ever heard of those"Love Languages" thing? Well my wife's is "Acts of Service" (and mine well... isnt).

So when she's all p!ssy with me, I get a long itemised list of everything she's done often categorised by whether I acknowledged it or not.

Impressive that she (women?) can recall so much information from memory in one go.

Anyhoo...

Happy 50th to your husband @martaindale
    Is there a party? Or anything cool planned outside of family dinner?

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    August 2 – 4.82 miles
    August 3 – 3.01 miles
    August 6 – 5.49 miles
    August 7 – 5.06 miles
    August 9 – 6.01 miles
    August 10 – 3.12 miles
    August 12 – 5.12 miles
    Total 32.63 miles/60 miles

It was a nice, cool 62F for this morning’s run and I saw a shooting star!

@mari33a – How did your brother do in his bike race?

@quilteryoyo – Sorry you had such a rough day on Friday. So inspiring that you still did your walk after everything! Glad the ankle is doing better.

@kgirlhart – Did you sign up for a half?

Great cross training @ContraryMaryMary!

Happy Birthday to your FIL and Hubby @martaindale!

Very nice roundabout @AlphaHowls! I understand your fascination. I watched for a couple of minutes this morning and noticed that only one vehicle used a signal when exiting the roundabout. Sometimes when I’m in meetings on the 5th floor in our main office building, I like to watch cars entering and leaving the parking lot to see how many of them stop at the stop signs or how many do a roll and go. Lol at Gary the Guardrail! Sounds like he has a tough job with whatever he is guarding.

Yippee for meeting your 5K goal @AmunahSki!

Thanks again for all the great info @tarun_yadavA! Nine days until we leave and I’m getting excited! Now if only I were packed!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary What did your husband get a trophy for? I'm sure you told us, but I've slept since then. I'm sure he was glad that you got all of that work done while he was gone. Nice long run. Sounds like there was no "right" way to dress for that weather. I should probably work on my stride, but so far I'm okay with the Grandma shuffle. :lol:

Glad you took it a bit easy today @tarun_yadavA ! Nice run. I have heard of the "Love Language" thing. I don't know what mine is...haven't really thought about it. I think we all like to have our efforts acknowledged though - at least every once in a while.

Thanks @Teresa502 It was a bit cool this morning. Great run. I didn't get up in time to see any shooting stars. I did think about going out and looking during the hour I was laying in bed awake last night, but didn't. Even though I know what they are, they tend to scare me a bit. Odd phobia maybe? Or maybe I heard the story of chicken little way too many times as a kid. :lol:

Nice run @yirara .

Welcome home and nice running @emptydog . The Rhonda 500 sounds like some of @AlphaHowls crazy laps. :lol:

Nice recovery run @kgirlhart .

@mari333a Wow. That's amazing. Congratulations to your brother and his teammate! That's awesome.

Nice climate controlled recovery run @martaindale .