Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    Sounds like you have a great game plan @steviebee888 .

Welcome @NickiBear81 . Great plan. You've found a very motivating group.

Thanks @noblsheep ! Glad to see you posting again. You sound like me. I look like that all the time. :lol:

Wow @henridw2095 . That sounds like some wind. Great running.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    August 2 – 4.82 miles
    August 3 – 3.01 miles
    August 6 – 5.49 miles
    August 7 – 5.06 miles
    Total 18.38 miles/60 miles

I met a friend at 5:00 am this morning and we ran 5 miles.

@quilteryoyo – It is a great race, hilly but fun! Glad you got good results from your echocardiogram!

Have a great day/evening everyone!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Aug total: 17.8/113 miles
    YTD: 580.3/1200 miles

8/3: 8.1 miles
    8/4: 2.8 miles
    8/5: 3.9 miles
    8/7: 3 miles

Early morning pre-work 3 miles today. It was a slog of a morning. It was 80° before the sun came up and incredibly humid. I ended up taking three walk breaks just to get my heart rate down to something reasonable. It was honestly difficult to breathe in those conditions. Got it done though.
    I went to Pilates yesterday afternoon and while I'm not sore yet, my shoulders were getting tired just from washing my hair this morning. I predict it will be hard to raise my arms tomorrow. Eventually I'll learn my lesson. I've done this several times where I stay consistent with Pilates for a month or two and then fall off and have to start over again. Every time I do it I say I'm going to stick with it this time but it's the first thing I drop when life gets busy. Starting over is rough!!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a great time.

Yesterday I got in a 10.3km progressive run, with the last 20 minutes at a faster pace. Today I got in a 10.3km run with 10x 1 minute farleks at ca. 5km race pace. Both runs were really nice. The only disturbing thing on my run today was running past a drunk at the beginning of the run who couldn't even stand enough to get his bike upright and then running past him again laying in the grass next to the road still with his bike an hour and ca. 50 meters down the road later.....

31.8/270km for August.

@Laurz9191 wasn't in Hanover. Not me. 🤣
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi everyone!

No drunks to report of on my run today ;), just an easy 10.6km. @tarun_yadavA Glad to know it wasn’t you stumbling around at 8:15 on a workday morning! Legs are feeling the effects of my vacation with its decrease in mileage, but other than that, training is going pretty well. I have the “choice” between hill repeats or 1km repeats tomorrow. So far, I’m leaning towards the hill repeats because they are shorter. I’ll see how I feel about it tomorrow!

42.4/270km for August.

P.S. @tarun_yadavA Totally agree with @martaindale. Just switching up paces, small changes in routes, allowing yourself to go slower/faster, shorter/longer according to what your body is telling you might help to keep motivation relatively high (and signing up for races doesn’t hurt). However, I do think a certain fluctuation in higher/lower motivation is quite the norm.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Teresa502 . Great run this morning.

Great run in those conditions @martaindale . I hope your arms don't get too sore.

@tarun_yadavA I hope you get it figured out. In the meantime, you continue to get out there and slog along. I think you should be commended for that.

Nice running @Laurz9191 . I had to giggle at your comment because I often do hill repeats simply because they are short bursts of hard effort usually followed by longer easy effort. :lol:
  • quilteryoyo
    1 Aug - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Treadmill
    2 Aug - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway wun
    3 Aug - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 3.41 miles - Treadmill - Push Mowed 20m22s
    4 Aug - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Treadmill
    5 Aug - Walked 1.37 miles - Ran 1.13 miles - Driveway laps
    6 Aug - Walked 1.25 miles - Ran 1.25 miles - Treadmill - Gym 29m06s
    7 Aug - Walked 2.50 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Mowed 1h30m12s

15.91/60.00 goal

I push mowed my lawn this morning before it got too hot. I also did the weed eating and blew the stuff off the porches and driveway with the leaf blower. I had to take one break. My energy is still low, even though I am feeling better from the sinus issues. (Still some drainage and coughing, but getting better.)

After I finished, I did a treadmill wun. I walked at 3.8 mph until I got really bored and then ran 1 min or so at 5.0 mph, then repeated. Avg pace turned out to be 14:51 min/mile. Avg HR was 106 with a max of 130 bpm.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA – Our planned excursion in Napoli is only 4 hours and we’re in port for 12 so yes, any recommendations would be wonderful! Feel free to drop any recommendations in an email so that we don’t bore the rest of our running community!

Hey @Teresa502

my email is: tarun_yadavA @ yahoo.co.uk

Drop me an email and I will email you back some recommendations/pics etc
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    @shanaber I wish you the best with recovery and hope we see you back here someday. At a minimum you have to give us a handsome Hobbes post from time to time!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @shanaber - I also wish you the best and hope you get your strength back soon. You have been so encouraging and such an inspiration to me and lots of others over the years. I hope you pop in when you can. Sending you a big virtual hug!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    @shanaber yes HOBBES pictures~ Hope you are able to attend agility with him at least a while longer. It is hard but you have been such a wonderful contributor to all of us over the years. The future is so uncertain and scary and you have been so positive and fighting for a long time. I totally understand you leaving this group. 🥲🥹🥲🥹
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @shanaber very sad to see you leaving this group 😞. But I certainly understand. I've been there, but to a lesser extent. You are one of the last OG's and you will be missed dearly. Take care of yourself, Hobbs, and your hubby ❤️