Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    Awww. Thanks @yirara . Great running.

Thanks @mari333a .

Great running @martaindale . The treadmill does come in handy some days.

Great 5K this morning @kgirlhart .

Glad you had such a nice run @ContraryMaryMary . Nice job on the PR for the loop with heartbreak hill! Yeah. Who cares what Garmin thinks!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all
    Got in 5.85 at 09"48.

Just struggling getting motivated at the moment.

Loving the birthday pics @quilteryoyo
    Double for the cheesecake 😋
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    oh no! @quilteryoyo my dr has not asked me to draw a clock at a certain time yet but I guess that's a good test. I am sure he will next year... LOL. Glad you are doing well!!!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    You are so good to keep getting out there and getting it done, even when you aren't feeling it @tarun_yadavA . I hope you get your mojo back soon. I must say, that cheesecake was sooooo delicious. :wink:

I'm surprised @SummerSkier . I thought it was just a thing that Medicare required on the first visit, and every year after, once you turn 65. It was called the "Welcome to Medicare" questionnaire. Lots of questions about how well you get along at home and if you need help cooking, cleaning, dressing, bathing, walking, etc.

Thanks @Laurz9191 . Great job on both runs! I would not like having to run past that person. I hope he sobers up and is okay.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    As far as struggling with running mojo, maybe you need another marathon to train for – that would take up at least a week based on the "Tarun Training Model"!

@tarun_yadavA you'll never live that down 😁😂🤣

😳😳😳😳😳🤣😆🤣😆🤣

OK thank you all. Just spit up my coffee...
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 995 Member
    Too funny @Teresa502!! @Scott6255 and @SummerSkier @tarun_yadavA must have been before my time, but please do share….
  • quilteryoyo
    Hahaha @daria0919 . I don't think you need the answer key. I'm pretty sure you can ace it without cheating. :lol: Thanks for the compliment. Any special plans for your birthday next month?

Your comment about @tarun_yadavA made me literally laugh out loud @Teresa502 ! Thanks for the comments on the pictures and my birthday. I have not run that race. Have you? It would probably be a fun and pretty one.

• quilteryoyo
    Well, there you go @ContraryMaryMary . Garmin must not want you to have fun. :wink: Sorry today was a struggle. Congrats for hanging in there and getting it done.
  • NickiBear81
    NickiBear81 Posts: 12 Member
    I'll be chasing 370kms on my legs (walk/run) this month!!!
    1-7/8/2024 total - 87kms
    8-14/8/2024 accumulative total -
    15-21/8/2024 accumulative total -
    22-28/8/2024 accumulative total -
    28-31/8/2024 accumulative total -