Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 175 Member
    Target: 40 miles/64.3km

2 Aug - 2.28mi/3.73km - knocked 5 secs off my 1 mile PB :smile:
    4 Aug - 3.17mi/5.1km - knocked 63 secs off my 5k PB :smile:

Total 5.45mi/8.78km
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Happy birthday @quilteryoyo! 🎂🥳
    I am officially ready for a cold front. LOL.

YES!!! Bring on a cold front!!

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Afternoon all.
    Got in 5.75M at 10"10.

@quilteryoyo oh no! Sorry the meal sucked this year!
    Different place next year?
    @Laurz9191 glad you had a great trip to S.France !
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,217 Member
    @quilteryoyo Happy birthday!🎂
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    Happy Birthday, @quilteryoyo the most motivational person on this side of the forum 🎂
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @Teresa502 sorry to hear about your parents tree..I know a thing or 2 about that ☹️. And thanks for the tips on the Mediterranean cruise!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    I guess I never submitted this post yesterday, so here it is.

August Goal: 130 Miles

8/1: 3.53 miles
    8/2: 6.05 miles
    8/4: 13.16 miles

22.74/130 miles completed for August

I had a great run today. I ran 13.15 miles. It wasn't terribly hot when I started out. It was 72°F, but in Texas in August, that's pretty pleasant. My weather app said it was 71°F feels like 72° with a dew point of 59°. Strava said it was 72°F, but agreed that the dew point was 59°. I have a goal this year to run 4 half marathon runs. So I decided since it felt so good I would go for it today. It was 7:20 am when I started out. It wasn't too hot and there was just enough breeze to keep it comfortable. I kept my pace pretty easy and took my salt tabs every 30 minutes. I actually felt great. The first hour was almost perfect and the second hour was still very good. Not only was the temperature not too bad, but I had lots of shade to run in. The last 3 miles or so was tougher as the sun started to climb and I didn't have as much shade, but it wasn't terrible. I saw a jackrabbit in the cemetery and a cottontail over near my mother-in-law's house. At just over 10 miles I saw a woman I know watering her yard. So I asked her if I could run through her sprinkler. It felt really good and helped a lot.

exercise.png