Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    Happy Anniversary @mari333a!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    edited August 2
    Welcome @wwDiva10 . You've found a great group.

@AlphaHowls Glad the storm dissipated before it got to you.

Nice running @yirara .

Great run @kgirlhart . Sorry the beginning was tough, but you ended strong!

Happy Anniversary @mari333a .

Congrats on your PB @AmunahSki !
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Scott6255 !

Thanks @daria0919 . Nice treadmill run.

Thanks @Teresa502 . Great running. I'm glad the tree was in the middle of the yard and didn't hit anything. I love old houses. I'm glad you and your dad are fixing one up. Have fun with the bike ride tomorrow.

Nice running @steviebee888 . I think we will all be glad for some fall temperatures.

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    PS. Happy birthday @quilteryoyo!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    Happy Birthday @quilteryoyo!

@ContraryMaryMary Beautiful! And the waffles look awesome!
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @ContraryMaryMary ! Great run and sounds like you are having a fantastic weekend. Enjoy the rest of it! That breakfast looks delicious.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA ! Sorry, but I didn't get a picture of my dinner last night. They were really slow at getting the meal out, so I just dove in before I thought about a picture. LOL We went to the same place last year and it was really good. Not so much this year. It is crossed off of our list of places to go to celebrate. Great run today!

Thanks @kgirlhart !

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Happy Birthday @quilteryoyo ! Have a great day.
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Happy Birthday @quilteryoyo 🎉🎁 !

I made a plan to balance strength training with three runs/week in August. My running days are Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

8/2: 4.2 miles
    8/4: 4.5 miles for 8.7 miles in August.

Today was a weird run, first, a random person stopped me to take a photo of her and her visitor at the lake. Then I stopped again to watch over a juvenile gull that was attacked by a dog. I checked it out, but couldn’t find any injuries other than being very shaken, so I sat with it until it had mostly composed itself. There are many dogs off leash right now, and I just changed mind about whether that should be allowed.