Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is LAZY day! Perfect! Exactly how I feel today. I love big cats, allergic to house cats…..

4eq78lmij8vc.jpeg
    kbj9xmd9jm54.jpeg
    e4qffgf95oy1.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stats for the day -

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8minn59sec, 63elev, 2.77ap, Lucy and Chispa in buggy after 4mi, 79ahr, 112mhr, 6.07mi= 578c
    Strava app = 743c
    Other- 42.11min, pressure wash back patio, sweep garage, fill up back fountain = 189c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats - 19.03min, 262elev, 148aw, 19.1amph, 114ahr, 145mhr, 6.05mi= 144c
    Strava app= 160c
    Zwift stats- 19.03min, 265elev, 147aw, 56arpm, 19.09amph, 6.06mi= 161c

Total cal 911
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Afternoon/ evening friends
    Alfie is back.. Dan came and took garbage out and visited for a bit..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Vicki - I looked up lichen planus, because it sounded like some kind of growth on a tree branch (they really need to come up with better names!), and it sounds painful and like added stress you definitely do not need. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope they can get you what you need quickly and get you more comfortable.

Michele - No pattern, just chain stitch the right amount to go around a head, then go back the other way with double crochet stitches to match, then join them. The crochet has just enough stretch that I don't get headaches from them. On another note, I know you do a lot of tea towel toppers in crochet, but I realized that I don't know if you sew as well. Thinking about making a couple of these:

https://youtu.be/v-eRoUkyKSQ?si=ZctqoTWLvVSUoqBG

Quiet Saturday - popped up to the Farmer's Market and got a dozen farm-fresh eggs from an old friend there... Found out they haven't set a date yet for the Christmas Fair, and still deciding between the week before Thanksgiving and the week after. Corey and I slipped into town to pick up some trim boards for the carport, but once we got home, I got busy in the craft room while listening to Nat Geo TV and he went out in the sunroom to read (still napping, in other words 🥰).

Time to jump in the shower and then get a simple dinner together, just sausage and rice. Oh, if you haven't tried it, frozen strawberries (no sugar added) and a serving of light greek vanilla yogurt is amazing. Lots of good protein, around 150 to 160 calories, and spun up in a blender, it ends up being a terrific sweet, creamy, frosty treat for a summer day.

Hope it is or was a good day for you, too.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Love,
    Lisa in AR

did you see the video I shared on FB- the cute eyeglass case that is sewn from a circle of fabric?
    I may try and make a few if I have time.

Just signed up for another show- this one is close to mom's, only 4 hrs and $35 plus donate an item for their raffle that is worth $20 or more. It is in November. A very small place so not expecting huge sales but close to a lot of friends so may get to see many old friends/classmates and "making table"/covering costs will be easier up there.

We are paying I think $75 for the one tomorrow and it is just 5 hrs long.
    Both shows an hour away.

Just gave our seizure cat another flea bath- we try not using flea meds-he doesn't get the drops.
    Last time we used Dawn dish soap but he still had them so he got another , using some flea shampoo.
    Had to do something. He was so miserable

did a little shopping after dh got done at his mom's. Stopped for lunch at our favorite Cajun fish and chicken place. He is friends with the owners- he wanted to show them pictures of some of the new stuff he made(strokes his ego a bit which he needs)- got fried calamari/fries and an order of hush puppies.

Not sure what I will do for dinner.
    Last night after aqua zumba I was really hungry- air fried some prosciutto to go on my open face tomato and onion sandwich. SOOOO good. I ate the rest of the tomato and prosciutto without any more bread.

Need to pack up for tomorrow- won't take too long. Just need to remember to take everything.
    Going up early so we have plenty of time to set up.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Tracy, that is am amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. The table is beautiful.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 11
    Morning, my chicks... Hope it's a grand weekend!

Was up early, but not as early as yesterday, so there's that.

Just a funny story of the way our world is working right now. Neither important nor germane to our discussions here:
    So in mid-June, I put together everything necessary to file mailed passport applications for me and Corey, and the only thing he had to do was stand up against the wall so I could take a picture and then sign the finished form. I knew he'd never mess with it if I didn't do it, and we do both prefer to have a valid passport. It's kind of the adult thing to do, as I think Barbie pointed out.

Anyway, I got both apps together, mailed them separately but at the same time on the 15th of July, and did all the right things, as evidenced by the fact that we got Corey's new passport back the 1st of August. The check for his processed through our bank July 18. Friday, we got even got back his old passport in the mail. Spiffy! Great service! They say applications take around six weeks these days. His took two.

Mine apparently fell in a black hole. Check not cashed, nothing.

So I called them, more from curiosity than anything. Sent from the same address, same day, same post office mailed, same everything. What's up? She was very nice. My paperwork was definitely in progress, I even got an "application locator number" from her if I had to call back about anything.

There were no questions or red flags in the file, or any indication that I had done anything wrong or made a mistake. She was actually much more shocked that Corey's passport WAS complete and had no answer at all as to why his went through quickly and mine took the more traditional time frame.

If I was of a conspiratorial bent, I'd be holding my chin and saying "Hmm." If I thought it was just because he was good-looking, it would be another thing entirely--but it was truly the worst photo I've ever seen of him. He looks like he just bit into a lemon after he smelled a sewer pipe, and like he hasn't slept in a decade.

But there it all is; I'm shrugging. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think it's funny. Good thing I'm not in a hurry for mine! 🙄😂😝

Not a lot in the offing today other than doodling around with making stuff. No idea what, if anything, Corey wants to do or accomplish today. Supposed to start raining in an hour or so, and I do need to get all the bird feeders down and cleaned up and re-filled as soon as it's light. Should be able to stay reasonably dry while I do it, because of the 4-foot overhang Corey put on the outside of the sunroom. 🥰👀🤣

The rain will supposedly be falling all day, and I hope it is a nice soaking rain without getting too violent. We need the moisture so badly... it's a dusty old Arkansas out there.

Halfway through my second cup of tea, time to get something done.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR