Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Congratulations, Tracey!!!!!! Excellent news!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    RE: Osteopenia

Machka -- I assume I will be told the same thing next Friday. Keep walking and hiking, add weight training, which I have already started. Recheck in two years. The DEXA report recommended a repeat scan in two years, so that's why I assume we will follow that advice.

Both of my parents had osteoporosis, so that I have the hint of that now is not at all surprising.

Take care!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Hello my chicks,

Not altogether conscious, but am waking up as I rattle to y'all. I slept for nearly nine hours! Woot!

Finally finished the quilt in both general and specifics and will pack it up today. Realized I never showed y'all the back of it, and then realized I never actually took a picture of the back of it! Here's the finished thing:
    6u6hvw738wgj.png
    I took it in the back bedroom so the bed doesn't overwhelm the quilt. Easier camera angles, too.

I'm sending it with the mistake intact, which will surprise Corey no end. He thinks I'll tear it apart and fix it - the quote being, "Yes, but I know you and you still have the pointy thing that rips out stitches. Put it in the box and send it!" 🥰 He loves me.

Lots of transitions this week, the antibiotics and steroids time is now finished. Time to see if the ship will continue to finish righting itself in terms of my gut health. I'm gaining weight again (mixed blessing), my hair is growing, I'm having to cut my fingernails much more often, and am overall feeling very well. All signals that the nutrition I'm getting in is actually being used by my body instead of just being dumped in my gut and making me ill, with little real absorption.

Got to get another cup of tea in me and get moving... don't know yet if the quilt will fit in a large flat rate box, and if not, I'm going to have to rustle up a box.

Later, babies,
    Love from the once again quite scorchy Arkansas River Valley
    Lisa in AR

Love it! I would pay you to do one for me, it would have bikes and runners on it of course :0)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Tracey - Hip hip Hooray! :D:D:D

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    Just popping in to say that I have received an email to advise that I will be receiving an offer letter soon!

Tracey

Yippee ☀️🌻🌞😆
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 8
    Woke up happy for your news Tracey, after a quite unexpected afternoon nap...

PIp - If you do get serious about doing a quilt, let me know on Facebook. We're connected already there - I'm Lisa Hannon. I've absolutely done commissioned quilts in the past. However, just note that I am not, shall we say, inexpensive.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Woke up happy for your news Tracey, after a quite unexpected afternoon nap...

PIp - If you do get serious about doing a quilt, let me know on Facebook. We're connected already there - I'm Lisa Hannon. I've absolutely done commissioned quilts in the past. However, just note that I am not, shall we say, inexpensive.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa

I will talk to kirby. I’ve paid for 2 t-shirt quilts already, one of his t-shirts and a different lady did mine of my t-shirts.

We will connect. I wouldn’t expect it to be cheap.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Sleep – I have to keep on the same schedule, weekend or not, if I’m working the next day or not. Usually I get up at 5:30 and I need to keep that schedule even on the evenings preceding days I don’t work. Now Vince doesn’t have to do that.

I love the fact that in this group, you learn so much from other’s experiences

I couldn’t believe the rain AND wind when I came out of work today. There was one point where it was so windy that I couldn’t move. I felt like Jim Cantoni….lol

Made the marinade for the pork chops I’ll get ready tomorrow. Now I’m thinking I’ll make the salsbury steaks for next week and then the rice krispie bars

Lanette – I sure hope you find that necklace. Something like that would drive me absolutely crazy

Tracey – So happy you’re going to get an offer letter soon.

I just got an email saying that I was eligible for student loan forgiveness….lol

Katie – wowzers!

Went for a walk around the neighborhood. Took the umbrella with me. Needed it at first, but then I didn’t. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. We shall see….

Michele NC
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    Dr.Katie ~ Best wishes for your brother's surgery.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Tracey Congratulations!

M when I breathe through my mouth at night it adds to me getting dehydrated. I wake up with a scratchy throat. Breathing through your nose also raises your nitric oxide levels in your blood which in term helps with your circulation. I believe part of my cramping problems has to do with circulation. I have good calcium and magnesium level. Vit D is also good now too!

What about your salt levels? If you're really watching your diet, you can sometimes end up with low sodium levels.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    6dhki3f2id38.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3