Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Carol - My sincere apologies if that offended you. I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

What did I miss.

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Flea … even though I read that your son was taking his drivers test … you scared the pants off me with the words “my son passed.” I most decidedly spend too much time in my mom’s nursing home. Congratulations to your son.

Beth

Oh no, Beth! I can see why you would think that. I should have chosen my words better

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    <3
  • grandmallie
    Nice evening
  • pipcd34
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Olympics - love watching the various sports. :)

Some years are really good for sports on TV - a whole series of cycling events + the Olympics!!

Pantry - most of the kitchens we've had here in Australia have pantries, including our new place. That's where most of our food goes. We don't have an immense amount of food in storage.

Friends - I'm not sure that it is important for everyone to have friends, particularly close friends. I think it depends a lot on where we sit on the introvert - extrovert scale. I've mentioned before that my husband is my best friend, and I like the freedom of having only the one best friend.

Dandelions are good for the bees ... so it's nice to see a lawn with dandelions. We leave them wherever they want to grow.

Waiting to hear about a job ... is normal here. It can be up to 6 months from application to announcement. So I apply ... and then I carry on with life as normal. Then sometime in the future I finally hear something.

Vision - spent the past week in my long distance trifocal progressive lenses. I usually just wear these for driving and cycling.
    Normally, I wear my desk glasses which are shorter distance trifocal progressive lenses. When I wear them, my computer screen is clear, but distances are a bit blurry.
    It's a relief for my eyes to wear the long distance glasses ... or no glasses at all.

Sleep - sleep as long as you want whenever you want. Unless you have to be up for a particular reason. I have to be up for work during the week, but if I didn't I'd sleep all or most of the morning. I am not keen on naps and prefer to sleep 9+ hours all in one hit (except for getting up to use the toilet) whenever I can, which is usually on weekends.

One-ingredient foods - I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.

Welcome @Beverleyj1

Welcome @PackerFanInGB

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34