Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member

Heather: That first shower feels so good!

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake is home. We are all doing the happy dance.

I'm so happy, Barbie!!!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Tracie ... I'm so sorry to read that your cancer made a return but am happy to hear that you and your medical team have beat it into remission! Prayers for continued healing.

Mia ... welcome and congratulations on the weight loss!

Barbie ... glad to hear Jake is headed home ...

Pip ... we most certainly do have Kylia in this group.

Beth near Buffalo

What’s her screen name
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Tracie ... I'm so sorry to read that your cancer made a return but am happy to hear that you and your medical team have beat it into remission! Prayers for continued healing.

Mia ... welcome and congratulations on the weight loss!

Barbie ... glad to hear Jake is headed home ...

Pip ... we most certainly do have Kylia in this group.

Beth near Buffalo

What’s her screen name

Kymarai is her screen name.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Flea - I’m so sorry to hear you have MBC also; diagnosed de Novo had to be a terrible shock! I’m so happy to hear that your PET scan showed no active disease. Are you on a maintenance treatment? 🫂💞

Beth. Thank you. Prayers are always welcome.

Barbie. Yay! So happy for you all to have Jake back home! 👏

Lisa Thank you! I’m never sure whether to share because I don’t want to come across as a whiner and I certainly don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, but sometimes it feels good to be able to share. I think any chronic illness can be lonely and scary, and sometimes it feels good just to be able to talk about it. For some reason, writing about it in a spoiler felt safest so that others could ignore or read it at their own comfort level. I don’t want to wear out my welcome to the group my first week back! 😂😬

FREE MOTION QUILTING! It’s actually my goal to learn how to do that! I’ve not had any luck—maybe because I’m afraid of ruining my quilt tops, so I give up at the first sign of imperfection (first few seconds?). I think I will make it my mission this week to sew some scraps together and practice, practice, practice. I actually think I’d enjoy doing the quilting if I could just meander around and not worry about my lines being wonky.

115° F? Oh my gosh. I just couldn’t…

Tracie in GB

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Pip It was me. I was a little late donating this year. Oops, life craziness. You are truly inspiring!

Tracie As Lisa said, sharing lessons the load. It also educates us. Happy for both your and Flea's current health!

Preparing to travel to see my sister. I am looking forward to the road trip. Just me, my miata, and my music!

Have finally caught up, but eyelids are heavy.

Healing thoughts!
    Thankful for you all!

Lots of Love,
    Kylia in Ohio

Oh, Michele...no toilet paper on the holder! Luckily when they unrolled it , it was close to needing changed. More kitty news later.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Tracey - I think you have waited long enough and are entitled to ring them and ask if they have made a decision yet. How enormously frustrating for you. <3

Tracie - It looks as if your treatment is going really well, like Flea. I like getting the information on any medical matters as it could happen to any one of us. I had breast cancer in 2007, with chemo, and always worry about it returning.

Flea - So sorry about your decluttering hitting the buffers. :# It seems so many women have the same problem. <3 Well done on getting your part sorted! That's a major achievement.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx