Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    I had cramps again last night.

Cramps are often caused by dehydration, lack of magnesium, or lack of the full range of electrolytes (of which magnesium is one).

Dehydration is the main one for me.

Cramps can sometimes also happen if you've done more exercise than usual.

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Lisa ~ It's funny that you mentioned you and your sister's different view and it's probably a good thing we don't discuss a couple of topics here. Glad we keep it neutral.

Rebecca ~ Poor cute Levi's face. Glad they found a new sitter.

Flea ~ Your walk sounds wonderful. Hoping so much that after I walk normally again I will be able to get out and enjoy walks outside and working in my yard.

I have not had a good eating day food wise but know this to will pass!

Carol in GA

Yep, it was a stressful thing.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did an hour of HIIT and then in the water. I’ve found that I go in the pool, do my own thing, then join the water aerobics class when it starts. I’m just in the water for an hour.

Barbie – I’ve asked a friend of mine in FL who is a real good artist if she would paint “that’s all folks” on a sign for me and she, of course, said she would. I didn’t have any doubt. Glad you liked him.

Took some of my exercise stuff down to Play It Again Sports. Didn’t get as much as I’d hoped, but I’ll live with it rather than having it sit around the house doing nothing.

Heather – hope you had a great time at the bbq. Yea for showers

Rita – I’m always looking for different breakfast items. I never thought of having quinoa. Sometimes I have soup, even chicken. What are some of the other “different” food items you have for breakfast?

Went to the MD about my “callous” on my foot. Seems that the last time I was there, they modified the wrong insert. To be fair, it did say “R” on it so the guy assumed it was for the right foot, only it was for the left foot. So he put it on the right one (didn’t bother to take the one for the left foot off since it wasn’t hurting anything) and I have to go back in 2 weeks to see how it’s healing. Hopefully, it will

Walked to Food Lion to get Doritos that were on sale for Vince and another bag of marshmallows. I’ll probably make more of the rice krispie bars tomorrow since Vince has a dermatologist appt and it’s supposed to rain (supposed being the operative word)

To all quilters: Did you know that there’s a pen that you can mark on the fabric where you should put the line (say) and when you are done if you put a hot iron on it the pen marks disappear?

Packerfan – what an ordeal you’re going thru with the cancer. I think I can only send lots and lots of virtual hugs

Rebecca – you can send some of those cookies to NC. Athena can have the missed panda… I can’t use my oven right now, so that’s a good reason to send them….lol

barbie – so glad Jake is home. I just now mentioned to Vince that we need to start thinking of the weed killer and getting it put down. I hate the end of summer

Mia in the UK – welcome

No one makes anyone uncomfortable for any reason. We’re all there. As Lisa said “pain shared is pain halved”

Tracie – why don’t you get one of those pens then you can sew on the line and know that it’s straight? I think that’s probably what it’s for

How did we get such adorable grands?????? Love all the pics

Flea – yea for your son and what a relief for you. I, too, thought the worst at first!

Heather – Please, please, please take it easy and let your knee heal. I know how badly you want to get back to normalcy, but if you do too much too soon, it’ll hurt you in the end.

Pip – you’re in good company, I missed whatever it was that Lisa said that she thought offended Carol.

Need to take a shower and then probably spend time with the kitties.

Michele NC

Ok.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Flea … even though I read that your son was taking his drivers test … you scared the pants off me with the words “my son passed.” I most decidedly spend too much time in my mom’s nursing home. Congratulations to your son.

Beth
    Me too!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Morning all..off to drop Alfie off for a couple days,and then to Target to pick up a couple things.then home.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    ❤️
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Flea--When I first read your post I thought something else. Glad he passed his driver's test. Happy for both of you.
    Barbie--Glad Jake is home.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Just popping in to say that I have received an email to advise that I will be receiving an offer letter soon!

Tracey

TRACEY!!! Happy dance and goose bumps!!!! <3<3<3

Lanette
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    TRACEY ~ So happy for you! :)

LANETTE ~ I hope you find your gold necklace!

Carol in GA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    Just popping in to say that I have received an email to advise that I will be receiving an offer letter soon!

Tracey

That is outSTANDing! Well done, Tracey!
    2epmoom85jxy.gif