Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,861 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca – rock hard brownies dunked in milk are quite good actually

Lisa – I don’t sew much other than something straight. I used to sew a lot, but haven’t done much in quite a while. Those towel toppers look neat. I put frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries) in yogurt, let the berries thaw and that makes a “juice” for mixing in the yogurt.

Took a walk around the neighborhood

The Corner Table has this canned food drive that they’re having this month. Each of the churches in the area are participating. They weigh your donation and credit that much to your tally. I picked up the donations from my church on Fri, took it to them, they weighed it and we had over 400 pounds. They’re collecting again so I need to see if I can pick up the donations on Tues after work and then take them to the soup kitchen to be weighed or wait until Fri when I go there anyway.

Michele NC

I was able to chat with him yesterday, (his birthday) and he said the newer box wasn't too bad. I told him to dampen a paper towel, wrap them and microwave them for a sec or two. Like they just came outta the oven, (well hopefully)!
    He's doing good, just work, sleep repeat these days. He does get an hour when he can, to play a computer game he enjoys, but that's about it. Sailors lead a physically taxing, and mentally draining life.💖⚓🇱🇷
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    Hello, my chickadee-dee-dees...

Been a lovely, rainy, cool day, at least what I've seen of it! Back to sleep at 9 a.m. and up again at noon to snag a little lunch. Corey loves the lemon tart I made last night--I had a tiny sliver of it before I napped out and it was sooooo rich. Not my bag, but don't mind making it for him at all.

The rain's moving off as I speak and hopefully taking my sinus headache with it. Been struggling with those for days. Maybe rain again in the morning, and will be driving into town to get a poo sample to the lab and have them draw blood as well, at the request of the gastroenterologist. Results should prove interesting. Hopefully everything will show improvement. I certainly feel improved.

Well, other than the headache.

Heather - always good to see Edie's beautiful little face. I loved sending my husband and my best friend and her DH off for a train trip through the Ozark mountains, but the movement combined with the flickering light through the trees here makes me yurky. 🤢 Survived one of those little excursions, but declined the same trip five years later! 👀🤣 Looks like lovely fun with Sue, as well.

Machka - Always good to see you posting again. You're part of our even keel here, dear heart, and a voice I always look for.

Allie - Good to see Miles' little face concentrating on his PlayDoh. 🥰 The good thing is that every pound you can lose through your diet will make it easier and easier to get moving as soon as you're able. You'll get there! Proud of you, darlin'.

Rita - Sorry about the sinus infection!

That's about all the info that stuck. Hope everyone's having a reasonably peaceful Sunday. Time for some TV and a little crochet...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR - where you can just about hear a gulping sound as the land soaks in the lovely cool water still trickling from the gray skies...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    bt4ra4ri2vog.jpeg

:)Annie This is what we bought for our Subaru when we drove it so infrequently. The guy from AAA recommended it when he came to jump start the battery. We bought it at an auto parts store
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri