Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Greetings lovelies.
    Cold got me down, have been skimming but not taking notes.
    Belated welcome @ColleenWestico!
    Will catch up later, maybe, but wanted to share this calculator. I’m 74 and it says I could live to be 90, it was a little lift to my spirits.
    https://media.nmfn.com/tnetwork/lifespan/index.html#0
    I’m with Lanette, quickly, in my sleep with no pain, please God.
    I’ve also been missing Ginny and Beth and KJ. Good to see Kim popping in.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Out of curiosity, I took that questionnaire, looks like i should hit 98

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    edited August 21
    my lifespan calculator said 93 so 27 more years.....
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Ha! According to the calculator, 96. I guess that's all other things being equal.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Good Wednesday!

Years ago I learned not to ask for patience because then situations occurred for me to learn it. Yesterday I was working on time management.....wouldn't you know we were busier than we have been in weeks with only me for counter! Time management is definitely more challenging when you have foot traffic and phones! Did get quite a bit accomplished though.

SIL'S surgery went well. Now if she will just be an adult and follow doctor's orders.

Tracey Thank you. Still same situations that make things stressful, but I do feel calmer. Maybe it is attitude, maybe it is getting away, maybe the cpap is contributing.....not sure, but generally feel calmer. Most of the training I have to do for work is repetitive but occasionally I do learn something new. There has been a time or two that I wonder if the instructor has ever worked in a mower shop!

Lisa So sorry yesterday was a bad one!It does suck when they attack out of the blue.

Flea What inspiring work! All of you Ladies inspire me to be a better me.

Monique Wow! I admire you and any nurse especially that work with children in such caring and loving ways.

Annie I too think you are doing an amazing job with your dad. Keep an open mind on gadgets to assist as Tracey suggested. The adult day care I worked at would sound alarm if front or back door opened without a code. There were side doors that opened to a fenced in area so the participants could go out there. I remember my initial mind struggle as they often acted like toddlers, but needed to be still treated with respect of an adult. Sorry to hear about fur baby. Hugs!

Ginny Good to hear from you. Your planning amazes me. I really am in limbo as to what will happen with shop in next 4 years. Then there is keeping DH active enough to not drive me bonkers when bored.

Speaking of DH....he apilled his coffee on his work bench the other morning. His laptop is now at computer shop. The worst part is he can't play on ebay so wants lots of attention! LOL!

I need to get a couple of things done so better get off here.

Encouraging you to do the best you can do today!

Hugs to all because life is hard!

TTYL,
    Kylia in Ohio with Fall Luke weather
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,583 Member
    Ginny - Didn't know either of those names. I just know I had two total hip replacements. I wasn't presented with options. :)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Machka: What a pain to have tinnitus. I am glad you can control it most of the time! It will take a while to unpack! Do you have the beds put together? I remember when we moved into this house we had mattresses on the floor!
    Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

We've been sleeping here for about 6 weeks. :) Putting our beds together involves screwing 6 legs into the bottom of the base, then plopping the mattress on top. Quick and easy.

dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I am usually good until I have something to eat-break that fast and I am hungry for most of the day unless I can stay super busy so I don't think about it.
    Debbie

Yep, me too!

Annie - I have to say that even people with lots of family even close family can still end up alone. My poor Mom hardly sees any family member. I feel bad about it but there is nothing I can do to fix it. I am too far away and my brother doesn’t stop in to see her.

Rosemarie - thank you! I did call for a quote last year and was quoted $1000. In the end I’m so glad I did it myself. As I was sanding and working on it I thought it was pretty cool that the only people to work on it was my great grandfather, my dad and I.

I had a great first day. Everyone seems so pleasant and helpful. When I was off with a couple of staff members alone they told me how much they enjoyed working there rather than to run like the old place. 😂

Well I’m off to bed. I’m very sleepy tonight.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I fully expect to end up alone.
    That's one of the reasons I've already started to ease our way into "independent living". We now live in a one-level house with a relatively flat yard and with relatively accessible walking and cycling. We've also gotten rid of a bunch of stuff that I didn't want to have to deal with later.
    I have no illusions that we'll stay here for "the rest of our lives". I fully expect we'll downsize again and move into something that's even easier to take care of.
    When I am on my own, I can envision moving into an apartment again, heading toward assisted living.

Working on the table and your day are both wonderful!

Machka in Oz