Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Machka asked Michelle: What was the best part of visiting your daughter?

Michelle: I have the same question. It seems like the few times y'all have visited, nothing is to your satisfaction. Have you thought of bringing a restaurant meal to enjoy with the family? That way Denise would not have to cook. And, if the house is that messy, could you possibly help get it straightened up. It looks like Denise does not have the necessary skills to accomplish these things.

I know that you are so good about helping folks in your community and making meals etc. for those you encounter so please don't take what I mentioned in the wrong way.

My son and daughter-in-law and their two children have a messy house and never invite us up mainly because they are so busy with sports and work. I have finally gotten to the point when they stop by to visit, I just make sure the toilet and sink in the bathroom is clean. Other than that, I quit worrying about it. This is totally against my old nature but is probably an improvement all around.

Carol in GA

Agreed.

Some people are just fairly comfortable living in a mess. I might prefer something neater, but to each their own. It's also why I will usually stay in a hotel. But, as you say, Michelle could ask if Denise would like some help with the dishes, laundry or something.

Some people (like me) don't cook. If you come here, you'll get something but it probably won't be brilliant. In fact, I'm much more likely to suggest we go to a restaurant or order a pizza. Carol, I think you've got a great suggestion that Michelle should order dinner in for the family.

I think most people don't have guests and don't do dinner anymore. It's not a thing these days. Whatever skills were involved in dinner parties disappeared back in the early 1990s.

Michelle, don't you go there to enjoy your grandson? Just enjoy him for who he is. Don't diagnose him ... play with him, find out what he likes, make good memories with him.

Machka in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    Lanette- I don't mind pork, but my body really doesn't like it. I would be fighting Lisa for the bathroom and reaching for migraine meds. I can't eat Turkey because of migraines. I do limit beef only because I don't always feel good after eating it. So I eat a lot of chicken! Both before and after hatched-lol! I do eat seafood and some fish but don't cook them.

TTFN,
    Kylia in Ohio

I have a similar reaction to meat.

I've never liked pork and am not overly fond of beef. They give me heartburn and an upset stomach.

I'm not convinced that most meat is good for us, and especially not for my kidneys.

And processed meat, including ham, is particularly bad for us. That said, I do like pepperoni on my pizza once a week. :)
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/why-processed-meat-snacks-should-be-banned/news-story/65c693a654207a4656ee32f0ea4b50b5

I also eat poultry and a bit of fish.

Machka in Oz

I am kind of the same. Lee will make a steak and though I sometimes use the same pan to toss some veggies in, I rarely have steak. I buy the thin pork chops and toss them in a sweet band spicy mixture and bake them. Lee loves them but I am like "meh". I do love roasted chivken, and a lot of seafood!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    f7dinzs9bd6b.jpg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,506 Member
    :)<3:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stat for the day-

Outside bike ride- 2hrs 43min 7sec, 640elev, 68aw, 13.1amph, 123ahr, 155mhr, 35.63mi= 1268c
    Strava app = 746c