Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

1515253545557»

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Still buried here in Medicare stuff, but a chance encounter and conversation has opened a door - hope!!!
    the first in months. I am hoping that light of hope is not in incoming train. I have a hundred page form to fill out.

I do have a dog sitting dog here this weekend a lovely golden doodle - he is an absolute love.

High school reunions - I went to my tenth, it was a bust - the few friends I hoped to see did not show I graduated in 76 so it was fall of 86 and the reunion was a semi-formal dinner dance - once the music started it was so loud you could not have a conversation. I remember my ticket being $80 which was a lot! (I just used an inflation calculator online and it said that would be $229 in todays us dollars) I got the ticket for my birthday. It is up there with one of the most disappointing things I have ever gotten. Only because the reunion was so not fun. I looked into going a few years back probably 2016 and they were doing another semi-formal dinner dance....NOPE ! I did have a few formals for work occasions back in the day, but now who wants that kind of event. Debbie has it right, a afternoon wine tasting and catching up sound much better.

Kim

hope you get the Medicare stuff taken care of soon.

Our reunions, except for the 10 yr(if they had a 5, I never heard about it-I started helping then kind of got put in charge at the 10-totally in charge the past 4 or so of them).Our ten was semi formal but since then, they have been more low key- out in the middle of a vineyard for a few and the last two at my friends winery. Food was bbq that a classmate cooked on site. I think we charged $25 per person or $40 per couple to cover expenses of renting the tables, the cost of the food,etc.
    We do a big raffle- tons of prizes- they buy tickets for $1 each and put it in the box for the prize they want to win. That money helps for expenses too like sending out invitations and things like that.
    I barely talked to anyone while in school even though I knew most of them- small town so small class. Some I knew since kindergarten. Some my mom grew up with their parents.
    After all these years, the cliques are pretty much gone. Everyone seems happy to see everyone. This next one I will sign some people up to help with the auction table- I got stuck there most of the time, selling tickets so only talked to the ones that came up to the table.

Debbie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :) September is already here in Tasmania and will be here soon in the UK so I've started the new thread for the month.

Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922861/women-ages-50-for-september-2024/p1?new=1