Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    Debbie ~ So so sorry about Miso. He looked like a very loving and sweet cat. 😿
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Been awake since 4 and heard from Sean I have to ferry him around ,after dropping Doris off today.. oh boy.and then take him back to the hotel.deep breath Al..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Ginny - I keep reminding myself of my hip, back and foot pain to encourage me to do my exercises and to move.

Machka - I was not under the extreme stress that you have been under and not nearly as long, but I have to say just a few weeks of no stress didn’t do it, it took me months to be able to relax and not expect the”other shoe to fall”. I hope you get a long break soon.

Terri - Yes I tend to learn better diving than I do sitting. I made the desk switch today and am going to start taking charge very soon.

Heather - I like a light wood floor as well. We’re going to have problems in this house when we decide to redo the floors. They need done desperately.
    You and John will have fun with the new record player. I asked for one two years ago for Christmas and am so happy with it. I don’t play it often enough in the Summer, but I tend to in the Winter.
    I think a posh lunch is a great celebration of your feeling better!

Kylia - my neighbour is a single mom, she just got two kittens for her son. She says they are very active and her son is in heaven.

Annie - I think the reason men in books who don’t communicate much are attractive because the authors have active imaginations.

Lisa - I remember an army worm invasion in my hometown in the 80’s it was terrible! You could hear them crunch as you were driving down the road.

Allie - Hugs to you. So much going on. I hope that you have a more peaceful day tomorrow.

Rebecca - I love your story of Leigh and the cane.
    Oh how can Athena be starting school already! Such a sweet girl.

Lanette - My manager the administrator has been covering 2/3’s and the scheduler has been the other 1/3. They were doing the mandatory things but there are some other things that need attention, and some time to accomplish. The day to day stuff is caught up though thankfully!

Rori - I hope your nephew’s home is spared.
    Maine in September, being from New Brunswick I was through Maine a lot, what a beautiful time of year. What part will you be seeing, my MIL lives closer to Houlton, ME than she does her closest town in NB.

My brother shared this the other day on FB, I told him that some of us are now buying vinyl again. 😂😂😂
    weyawfdlgc6t.png

Not a whole lot to share today I sat and watched TV mostly this evening outside of my bath time. I am tired so was thinking a quiet evening would be best.

Tracey in Edmonton

It was one of my funniest moments when we had appts at OHSU for his liver transplant, post and pre. Even as sick as he was, we still had humor. Sometimes that was really all there was. Amazing how humor can make you resilient. Like a super power!😁💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    It’s amazing how there is so many things to celebrate each day! Today is
    pr57c7bv3zyz.jpeg
    9wum3zlv2rnw.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited August 28
    Rebecca - I was aware, even at the time, that I should have asked him outright to help me, but he is naturally of the school of, 'Soldier On Regardless'. He rarely asks for help, as it wasn't part of his childhood to be mollycoddled. Neglected, rather.
    When I went downstairs for lunch, I did remember to ask him directly to help me to empty the large vases of the old, huge bunches, and he was very happy to do so. My new flowers look lovely, in a grey ceramic vase my father made. :)

I have prepared Jerk Chicken for dinner. It's marinating. I didn’t use Scotch Bonnet chillies, as John can't eat really hot food, and I'm hoping that the very mild chilli I used won't be too hot for him. Blending up the paste was a lot of work, as it was too thick to blend in the liquidiser easily. But it's done and we shall see. I have a microwavable packet of Rice and Peas to go with it, which is what gave me the idea. Asparagus for a vegetable.
    I've only made it once before, for a guest lunch, and I made the Rice and Peas from scratch. :o (The peas, for anyone who doesn't know, are red kidney beans. All cooked in coconut milk)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,566 Member
    Rori - hope your nephew and family are able to avoid the fire at their beautiful residence. Maine sounds like great fun for you, especially with N there. <3

Annie - good idea accompanying your dad to lunch, especially since your intuition has some bells going off. ;) Hopefully it's a pleasant experience.

Rita - poor little Brownie. Lately if Rosie hears me up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, she also wants to go out. She's normally quick, so not sure if she's doing her business or just sniffing the air. Once I'm up with my slippers on and wrapped in a jacket (I'm always prepared in case she's tempted to tangle with a raccoon) to let her out the back door, it's hard to go back to sleep. So I stay up. I aim for 6 hours of sleep and get my nap in after lunch. Great job on your walking and its nice you'll be able to give your slide presentation.

Allie - Sean is having quite a time. Now, is the MIL with Alzheimer's he's caring for the same lady you were watching a few years ago? Jean's mom, right? And she's divorcing him? That sounds complicated. I'm sure you'll give him some good advice today, hope he takes it in.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where it was 44F this morning.