Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited August 28
    Good choice Margaret. I'm like you. Organised. And time sensitive. My friends and family know me very well. :o>:):D

The Jerk Chicken etc was absolutely fantastic. DH loved it. :) Next time I will blend double quantities and feeze half. Definitely on our rota
    Using the prepared rice and peas made it feasible. It wasn't too hot.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    edited August 28
    Rebecca - I was aware, even at the time, that I should have asked him outright to help me, but he is naturally of the school of, 'Soldier On Regardless'. He rarely asks for help, as it wasn't part of his childhood to be mollycoddled. Neglected, rather.
    When I went downstairs for lunch, I did remember to ask him directly to help me to empty the large vases of the old, huge bunches, and he was very happy to do so. My new flowers look lovely, in a grey ceramic vase my father made. :)

I have prepared Jerk Chicken for dinner. It's marinating. I didn’t use Scotch Bonnet chillies, as John can't eat really hot food, and I'm hoping that the very mild chilli I used won't be too hot for him. Blending up the paste was a lot of work, as it was too thick to blend in the liquidiser easily. But it's done and we shall see. I have a microwavable packet of Rice and Peas to go with it, which is what gave me the idea. Asparagus for a vegetable.
    I've only made it once before, for a guest lunch, and I made the Rice and Peas from scratch. :o (The peas, for anyone who doesn't know, are red kidney beans. All cooked in coconut milk)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Your feast sounds yummy. The photo of your fathers vase is beautiful.💖
    I am boiling potatoes for a meal of kielbasa sausage, potatoes, cabbage. I am also adding onions and white mushrooms in the chicken broth I will cook the cabbage and sausage. It will be a couple of meals there.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Debbie - sorry about Miso. So hard to lose those fur babies. I wonder if your old one has thyroid problems. Our old one does and even on medication she wants to eat all the time but doesn't gain weight.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

we are pretty sure the momma cat has some type of cancer plus the fact that she is around 15yrs old(she hung around outside for years before we brought her in. We brought her kittens in 8 yrs ago and she was outside quite a while before she had them). All she does is eat(A LOT-almost constant if she has her way. She is very demanding), drink, sleep, pee and poop(a LOT). DH was sure she would only last a year or two inside. Inside 5 yrs so far. I am tired of cleaning up her mess but will deal with it(too hard for dh to squat to clean it up. Most of the time it is just on the pads that I either toss or wash- some days she moves them to the side and poops on the floor- annoying but dealing with it for now. My guess is she weighs less than 5 lbs. She has never been a very big cat.

Just finished with the weekly flea baths for the kittens. I switch back and forth. This week was actual flea shampoo, next week will be Dawn original dish soap. Need to get these under control. Next will be to spray the peppermint oil spray on the carpets. Dh is out cleaning the catio(vacuuming it now) then will spray and or dust with diatamactios (??)earth again. We sprayed the front and back lawns last week. Will do it again this evening.

Didn't get my pico de gallo made yesterday evening. Too tired. Will get that done soon.
    48g70etegkuu.png
    All these from one plant- the plant is in a little 10gal pot(all my other ones are in 15gal or in raised beds) and this one is doing the best. It is still loaded with more tomatoes that aren't ready yet.
    Helping dh sort through Care.com for some help for his mom- found one I would pick. He will check it out and then contact the one he likes the best.
    We found out that each month they have to pay $700 towards her care(meds, care, supplies) and then the Vets will give her $1400 towards more care/supplies. Need to get it set up. Dh was excited until he found out the agency that is supposed to help him set it up, isn't actually connected to the Vets so he has some serious questions before giving them all her personal information.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stat for the day-

Outside bike ride- 3hrs 8min 56sec, 876elev, 66aw, 12.9amph, 124ahr, 152mhr, 40.51mi= 1444c
    Strava app = 831c

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 69 Member
    Hi Sue, welcome to the group. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and decided to get on this morning. It is now 4:27 a.m., and I will try to go back to sleep upstairs because that couch is killing my back downstairs, and a red wasp is flying around. Sue, I hope you get the position that you want. I, too, have co-workers born four days before my son. So, I get what you are saying.

Allie, wow, you are juggling a lot. I hope Jean will appreciate that.

Lisa, ensure you stay near a bathroom and prop your feet up.

I am going back to bed in my room as long as the temperature is not in the nineties.
    XO,
    Mo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    John has someone coming to estimate for the garden, fallen branch, clean up, this morning. We also want them to trim the huge bay tree and take down the conifer outside my window. That must have been a small Christmas tree, once upon a time! Now it's the size of the one at the Ritz!
    I have the bathroom floor person coming to estimate after lunch. :D
    Just to be clear, it's cushioned vinyl I'm having, but with a light oak herringbone print. I'm cheap! I had something similar in my previous house bathroom, and you couldn't tell at first glance that it wasn't wood. I will be so glad to get the tatty, paint-splattered, moth eaten, twenty years old carpet out.
    My DSIL, who stays up there when she comes to visit, sweetly said she hadn't noticed. :p It's the same carpet as the bedroom. Can't afford to replace that yet. I keep setting off moth bombs.

I hope Vicki is OK. And Tina.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I am so glad to be rid of carpet. Hard surface flooring is much easier to keep clean.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Can you spot Tasmania?
    Can you see the low pressure system and big wind?
    It's relatively calm just now. :)

xmredx8dk7wl.png
    https://www.windy.com/?-46.102,153.387,4,i:pressure

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Welcome all new peeps

• Machka9
    edited August 29
    Machka - Wow - Yes, can see tiny little Tasmania (in comparison) and it looks like more windy days are headed right down your neck. Not fun... The last of winter weather before you head into spring? Or early spring weather?

Later, my dears,
    Lisa in AR

Tasmania is in the path of the Roaring 40s and they do blow strongest in the spring.

However, now and then a whole collection of low pressure systems will gather and create conditions very similar to a hurricane - very strong wind, rain, storm surges. We usually have a blast of heat - several days with above average temps for winter and high humidity, and then suddenly the temperature drops right off and we freeze.

Last night a record breaking wave 18 metre (59 foot) wave hit the west coast of Tasmania as part of a storm surge, I presume.
    mf6p1e5lmnnc.png

Exciting, but a little scary at the same time.

I thought it was windy when I lived in Manitoba, but Manitoba has nothing on Tasmania!!

Machka in Oz