Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Monique The link will be posted sometime Saturday. Just click amd bookmark. You will find us.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    My 'short nap' turned out to be nearly two hours! :o

Now for my film.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    @Lannette, I do have a container garden but it did not do well at all this year. It was too hot in June, so plants didn’t get a good start. I plan on planting some beets and snow peas the end of September and will see how that works. First time I’ll try that.

Michelle, Golden Corral was $19 a person the last time I went, I think it was a couple years ago now. This time, It was 13.99 plus a dollar off because we are over 60. 12.99 is doable for me. That’s about what you’ll pay going to a fast food restaurant and we can choose what to eat and how much! DH eats a LOT when we go there!

I didn’t take a picture of yesterday’s lunch. I made a salad with Romain, cucumber, and onion, olive oil and wine vinegar. DH made us hamburgers, I add some cheese and green sweet relish to it with a dinner roll on the side. Simple but good!

The open house at the Adult Center where I teach was a busy. Only about 5 people came to the computer class and 3 of them wanted advanced Excel classes, not beginner classes. I told the manager that I would have to think about doing one of those. She was talking about a one day (2 hour) workshop instead of a class. IDK, I’ll have to wait on what happens. Classes start next Thursday and I doubt anyone will sign up. I’m just going to have to take my name off the teaching list. I haven’t taught a class since last fall and that was only for 6 weeks! Oh, well, we shall see!

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    I have been reading some suggested readings from my diabetes class and found this one very interesting. To summarize, healthy eating of ‘raw’ foods (non-processed) is always best but avoiding foods simply makes you crave them, and subsequently over-indulge in them. This article refers to ‘Intuitive Eating” which I didn’t know was a ‘thing’ until I read this, but it makes a lot of sense. Check it out if you want a different take on eating: https://www.rachaelhartleynutrition.com/blog/intuitive-eating-101-beginners-guide-to-intuitive-eating

RVRita in Roswell