Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    <3Debbie so sad about Miso. Glad you were there for him
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min 19sec, 91elev, 2.78ap, 79ahr, 93mhr, 8.08mi= 547c
    Strava app- 737c
    Walk home to gym- 12.34min, 2.52ap, .52mi= 51c
    Strava app- 64c
    Stairclimber- 30min, 5-6sp, 116ahr, 143mhr, 1671steps, 104 floors, .84mi= 245c
    Walk gym to store then home- 21.15min, 2.54ap, .90mi= 108c
    Strava app- 110c

Total cal 951

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Debbie, my condolences, so sorry to hear about Miso.

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,766 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Debbie: Miso was beautiful. So glad he had you tender care as he crossed the rainbow bridge.

Monique: You are an angel to your cherub and all the vulnerable, hurting children you work with.

Heather: So good to hear you are out and about more and more each day. Yes, wear a dress to a posh lunch.

Rebecca: My jaw dropped when I read Athena is starting kindergarten. Where did the time go?

Missing Tina.

Back in July you may remember that N and I visited my nephew and his wife in Idaho. Their gorgeous home sits on a river and is surrounded by pine trees. Well, as I write this two large wildfires have been moving in the direction of their place. Closest one is about 3 miles away. It actually jumped the river to their side of it. Hopefully, they won't have to evacuate, but they have already pre-packed so as to be ready should they get the order. Nephew owns an excavator, so he is very busy working to clear trees away from buildings. I check FB several times a day for his updates and photos. So, so scary.

The trip N proposed to FarmAid didn't come together so instead the Golden Goobers next adventure will be in Maine at the end of September. And as soon as we set the date, I felt a boost in my mood and more energy. Must be love. Or maybe the anticipation of a romantic lobster dinner?

That's all for today friends. Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

I hear ya! Wasn't she just born last week?
    Mm a romantic lobster dinner sounds really buttery!
    Safe thoughts regarding your nephew and wife in Idaho. That's so scary.
    I need to Google Golden Goobers.....😁
    Rebecca
    Hugs from Whidbey
    WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Machka - I was not under the extreme stress that you have been under and not nearly as long, but I have to say just a few weeks of no stress didn’t do it, it took me months to be able to relax and not expect the”other shoe to fall”. I hope you get a long break soon.

Tracey in Edmonton

I'm waiting for the day when my shoulders are relaxed and jaws aren't clenched naturally ... rather than me reminding myself to relax my shoulders and unclench my jaws periodically throughout the day.

And yes ... that "other shoe" ... it's lurking out there!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Monique-you seem to have a diversity of young patients. I agree at times we all need reminded why we do what we do.

Debbie-sorry to hear about Miso. About how old was she? Was there a specific cause of her seizures? I am asking since I have older cats and have no clue what to expect as they continue to age.

Tracey-Good luck with the deep dive. Sometimes it is best just to jump in.

Slept well last night. Doing stretches and getting ready for work. After moderating walking and stretches nearly daily I am seeing improvement with leg/foot. The strange leg issues have definitely improved which seems to be helping everything. The foot still hurts at times but not nearly like it was. I need to remember how extremely painful it was to motivate me to continue daily stretches.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Miso was just barely 6yrs old. His seizures started either two or three years ago(think two but time is going by so fast). We think that it might have something to do with the topical flea meds as they started soon after we gave him a dose(he had had the meds before that with no problem). We did not give them to him again
    We did not take him to the vet to do tests/x-rays, etc. It would have cost $1000 for the tests and they would put him on prescription meds or CBD oil so, dh bought CBD on Amazon and we started giving him that when ever he would have one. Keep him on it for a week and if he didn't have any more seizures, we would stop giving it to him. That seemed to really work- he went months without one. It had been well over 6 months since his last one and last night it was different and he had a long string of them, some little, some massive ones. We knew when the wouldn't stop that there was nothing we could do.
    We could have driven the half hour to the emergency clinic just for them to want to run tests and ultimately put him down, or we could stay home and I held him in my arms for 2 1/2 hrs until he passed in my arms.
    gurgycjmjemo.png

This is him in the basket.
    The cat in the back ground will most likely be the next to go. She is the mom of one(was two but the girl died from FIP) that we brought in 5 yrs ago-no idea how old she is. She was a outside/stray cat that lived in the yard for many years before we brought her in. We are guessing she is at least 12. She eats non stop but is super skinny, she does have two tumors that we can feel when we give her a bath. She only uses pee pads(we use disposable and washable). Has some skin issues too but super sweet. Dh isn't ready to put her down. She doesn't act like she is in any pain- just wants attention and food, mainly fod all the time.

Insomnia again last night- was awake pretty much from 2:30-7;00. Fitbit says I got 56minutes of deep sleep

Have a dentist appt. this morning while dh has a meeting with the social worker for his mom. Really hoping she can help line up some care for MIL.

Debbie

So sorry about Miso.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Rori - I remember your beautiful photos. It must be absolutely terrifying to think all that could be destroyed. Sending my very best wishes and hopes for them. <3 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜

Love Heather UK xxxxxx