Don't do this or you'll DIE!!!!

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I was once told that if I drink cold water with foods that contain fat, the fat will harden in my arteries very fast and I will have a heart attack.

I'm doomed
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ok, sounds like a load of bull**** to me. I personally never listen to anything like this because at the end of the day we would have a whole world in panic.

shouldnt smoke anyway, rest yourself after a meal, i dont know why you would want to eat more food after having a meal and if you do the one you just had wasnt big enough but people have fruit with lunch not just as snacks.

BUT... you do what you think is right, i'll just be over here ignoring that drivel
    It's a risk you may be willing to take. But I am not going to risk it.

It may be true or it may not be true but even if it's not true, you should do it anyway because it may be true.

Uh-huh, just like smoking used to be good for your health and drinking a glass of wine a day is meant to be good for you, but then there is the alcoholics who if they had one glass of wine might slip back into that horrible black hole. cooking with olive oil is meant to be good for you but apparently it turns into something called carcinogen which apparently is cancers little helper.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am so fuct....
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Uh-huh, just like smoking used to be good for your health and drinking a glass of wine a day is meant to be good for you, but then there is the alcoholics who if they had one glass of wine might slip back into that horrible black hole. cooking with olive oil is meant to be good for you but apparently it turns into something called carcinogen which apparently is cancers little helper.
    star-trek-joke-gif.gif

I'm just going to keep posting this to comments that don't get the joke.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    GoGlam that was hillarious, thank you SO much for a morning lol.

Which Star Trek episode is that? I thought I had seen them all.....

OH! and, funny lol gif for everyone..

spray.gif
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Why are you stalking my posts?

Oh lol, hi!

No, I am not :) I just don't recognize neither your name, nor the picture. It's not that memorable and I can't check every person I'm replying to.

Wow! Rude much?

Well I guess it's easy to make yourself memorable with a narcissistic personality like yours.

No, you are rude calling me narcissistic, you don't know me to make such a statement. Are you a professional shrink to make this statement?
    I just explained it how it is - I don't recognize the OP, sorry but I don't pay attention to the names or pictures. There's nothing rude about this.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Oh lol, hi!

No, I am not :) I just don't recognize neither your name, nor the picture. It's not that memorable and I can't check every person I'm replying to.

Wow! Rude much?

Well I guess it's easy to make yourself memorable with a narcissistic personality like yours.

No, you are rude calling me narcissistic, you don't know me to make such a statement. Are you a professional shrink to make this statement?
    I just explained it how it is - I don't recognize the OP, sorry but I don't pay attention to the names or pictures. There's nothing rude about this.

You are actually pretty narcissistic, I have seen your replies on other posts.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    It was on the Internet and it's scary, so it must be true.

DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW
    AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL

* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

* Don't eat fruits immediately - Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

* Don't loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted & blocked.

* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

* Don't walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
    Interesting and seems that this list came from a men's health magazine and MSN lifestyle post. It has some legitimacy but nothing says you are going to die from these bad habits.

Some of these are common sense because smoking period is bad for you. I am guilty of a few and I am sure if I avoided some of these habits I would not be where I am now because it is known that napping slows your body down so it makes sense that it would negatively impact digestion.

However, the list of don'ts are not a priortity to me as much as some do(s) I need to get busy with :ohwell:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would not get a massage after a meal. Massage increases your blood flow, which would increase sugar absorption and leads to type 2 diabetes. I read it from a blog, it must be true.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Interesting and seems that this list came from a men's health magazine and MSN lifestyle post. It has some legitimacy but nothing says you are going to die from these bad habits.

Some of these are common sense because smoking period is bad for you. I am guilty of a few and I am sure if I avoided some of these habits I would not be where I am now because it is known that napping slows your body down so it makes sense that it would negatively impact digestion.

However, the list of don'ts are not a priortity to me as much as some do(s) I need to get busy with :ohwell:
    star-trek-joke-gif.gif
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Oh lol, hi!

Wow! Rude much?

She is....isn't she....
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Psychologically they say that when you tell someone "DON'T do this" the first thing they envision is doing that which you told them not to do.

I think that today I am going to make it my personal goal to break every single one of these "don'ts"

So... I guess this is my farewell note?
    It has been a pleasure sharing this life with you... :wink:

If I don't die, you'll see me on the forums!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    It doesn't say anything about pooping after a meal.

Do I have to wait an hour? Two hours? Should I go right away?

Why do people aways forget the poo instructions?:sad:
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Oh lol, hi!

Wow! Rude much?

She is....isn't she....

I'm asking both of you too then.
    Are you professional psychologist to make this statement?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I've decided to just stop eating all together...

Can't eat fruit, because...sugars. Gonna get fat.
    Can't eat carbs because...the devil
    Can't eat fats because...fat = fat
    Can't drink water because...EVERYBODY who has EVER drank water...has died!
    Can't eat eggs because....cholesterol
    Can't eat meat because...animals are treated mean...you know...before being put to death, cut up, fried, broiled, baked, seasoned, garnished and served.
    Can't eat vegetables because....yuk
    Can't drink milk because...puss
    Can't drink cokes because...battery acid
    Can't eat fish because...mercury

Now that I don't have to wear a belt, I've learned that I'm going to get twisted intestines...I can't walk after eating, so that means I have to stay and actually talk to friends and family at the table, and that's just not going to happen, of course, since I can't bathe now, I'd be eating alone all the time and nobody wants to do that...can't sleep after I eat, so that means that Thanksgiving is out of the question now. Smoking is bad, so that's gotta go.

I've decided it's just not worth it.

I'm going to live off of sheer will...well, if I was allowed to, but the government, the media, MFP, and my cat won't let me.
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    It doesn't say anything about pooping after a meal.

Do I have to wait an hour? Two hours? Should I go right away?

Why do people aways forget the poo instructions?:sad:

Because, if you're doing it right, you can't poo anyway. Don't you even read the forums?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Can't eat meat because...animals are treated mean...you know...before being put to death, cut up, fried, broiled, baked, seasoned, garnished and served.

Now that I don't have to wear a belt, I've learned that I'm going to get twisted intestines...I can't walk after eating, so that means I have to stay and actually talk to friends and family at the table, and that's just not going to happen, of course, since I can't bathe now, I'd be eating alone all the time and nobody wants to do that...can't sleep after I eat, so that means that Thanksgiving is out of the question now. Smoking is bad, so that's gotta go.

I'm going to live off of sheer will...well, if I was allowed to, but the government, the media, MFP, and my cat won't let me.

don't forget ...

can't breathe air, because... pollution

give up man.

or... join the dark side :wink:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options

It is said that a learned one can survive for months at a time on nothing but the dew of a single ginkgo leaf and the energy of the universe...
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Oh lol, hi!

Wow! Rude much?

She is....isn't she....

I'm asking both of you too then.
    Are you professional psychologist to make this statement?

You know, I think they're just going by definition here, not trying to make a diagnosis. Synonyms of narcissistic: vain, self-loving, self-admiring, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, conceited, self-centered, self-regarding, egotistic, egotistical, egoistic. I think someone who goes around saying they are damn fabulous might fit that category. Just maybe.
  • cmcollins001
    Options

don't forget ...

can't breathe air, because... pollution

give up man.

or... join the dark side :wink:

1535003_1304639769164.12res_300_238.jpg