LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I had planned on being AF today. But, Sundays are never good for me because the liquor store closes at 5 pm on Sundays. I bought a pint (375 ml). But, recently, I've been drinking 575 to 750 ml. So, I guess it is LA.

I do plan to have an AF day tomorrow. The drinking isn't doing me any good. A lot of my health issues are being caused by vitamin (mainly B's) and mineral (mainly potassium and magnesium) deficiencies. I looked up these vitamins/minerals to see what could cause a deficiency. There are many reasons listed. But, one reason that is common to all of them is, "alcohol use disorder". By the way, did you know that they changed the name from alcoholism to alcohol use disorder?

I've been watching some You Tube videos by Dr. JoΓ£o Sorio Endocrinologist. I believe he lives in Brazil. But the videos are in English. He talks about liver health, diabetes, thyroid health, hormones, healthy lifestyle, etc. I'm really impressed. I know that some of the people on You Tube don't know what they're talking about and give out misinformation. But I think this guy is for real! You may want to check him out!

After listening to him...I better quit!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @SparkSpringtime69 You're right! His advice about liver health is what is basically recommended for good health in general. I eat pretty healthy. But I really need to get moving more πŸ™‚
    @violetamethyst Welcome...you'll find lot's of support here!
    @Alatariel75 I wish your partner the best ❀️
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 610 Member
    @violetamethyst Welcome!!
    @Alatariel75 Good luck to your partner! I hope you both influence the other for the better :love:
    @Breathe57103 Sounds like a very nice day!

AF = 13
    A = 0
  • SurferGirl1982
    Thank you @chicbuc!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @chicbuc PS...I know I've got this today πŸ™‚