LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,748 Member
    Womona wrote: »

Can I just say, I am enjoying the hell out of my new boat???????? I never want to leave. Although I did hit one of the pilings while backing her into our slip😳. So, she has her first boo-boo, but nothing serious. Luckily I was going super slow.

Couldn't have had anything to do with the wine, could it? 😀

Oh you’re a laugh riot! NO! Haha! But it would totally serve me right if that were the cause. Sadly, just inexperience-was my first time backing it in without the captain there to hold my hand.
  • Womona
    AF - 9
    A - 0

I uttered the words today, “I need a drink.” We went out for dinner, and I considered for all of 2 seconds getting a glass of wine. Ordered water instead. Haven’t had any cramping since yesterday.

Work sucked. Hours of work down the toilet and the people I work with ignoring procedure equals high annoyance levels that send me into an immediate anger response that I can’t demonstrate because of the type of people I work for. It’s just absolutely infuriating!

Hubby did suggest dinner out tonight, so I had a break from cooking. But, he irritated me once we were out yelling at the kids to push his mom in her wheelchair when he was right there and could’ve done it. When I called him out, he said he’s hurting. But, he ALWAYS says that. Yet, he can go and bench press, squat, and deadlift hundreds of pounds and not be “hurting”😡

Sorry… huge rant and there’s far worse things going on in this world.

Prayers for safety in FL!

Big hug, it all sounds super infuriating. Good for you holding off on the alcohol when you could have easily gone for it
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    @Womona At least you have a slip. I had family and friends that had boats that we had to pull and then put it in the water. I haven't done it in years. But, it can be a bit difficult. I was pretty good at it, though. And, somehow, I got stuck with it everytime :)

Your boat is beautiful and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
  • Womona
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Came across this resource while researching data for my Soberish October 🍁🎃🍁

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis/alcohol/alcohol_glossary.htm#:~:text=Current moderate drinker – More than,average over the past year.

Moderating is defined as 3-7 glasses or less a WEEK which is my overall goal - just not today!

Oh crap, I’m a “current heavy drinker”- more than 7 drinks per week (women). Holy cow! Dang it, I have to get that back down to earth of “moderate drinker”. Dang! Welp, that was eye opening!
  • Womona
    @forestdweller1 glad to hear you have bossy daughters!
  • SurferGirl1982
    edited October 11
    Womona wrote: »
    Ugh just lost my entire post! In a nutshell, thanks to those who shared the liver disease stories. It’s just something so few of us think about…. Until we have to!

The alcohol industry doesn't want us to think about it. Fun, Fun, Fun!

I can tell you way more horrific alcohol disease stories that have happened to people that I've actually known. But, I won't because some of it is quite gruesome.

You don't have to be scared though. You seem to be a moderate drinker and are active and seem to maintain a healthy weight. The main thing is to get bloodwork done yearly. If your liver enzymes and a few other factors doctors look at are within range then you're OK. If not, they will let you know.
  • SurferGirl1982
    @forestdweller1 I live in a fairly small community. I have the utmost respect for our hospital and staff. When I had my stress test, I was completely monitored. And, I'm here to talk about it. You will be hooked up to everything, including EKG, etc. It's really easy. And stop reading the internet posts. Most are BS.

Going to bed now...Take care and Good night!
  • Womona
    @SurferGirl1982 thst’s part of the post I lost…. I am getting fasting bloodwork done on Monday, and you bet your bippy that I’m not going to skim over those liver enzymes!

@forestdweller1 i’ve had a stress text before, basically you either walk on a treadmill and the speed increases, or the incline increases-not sure which one that was! But, when I said “I’m done” it was immediately shut down. So fear not. Hey if my old, non-athletic, morbidly obese father could do a stress test after his two stents, then anyone can! He lives long afterwards, too.

Also, yes, we bossy daughters know that our curmudgeonly parents get salty about making appointments, but it’s done out of love and concern. Also, we get a taste of what it was like to be them when were kids and dug our heels in about something! Haha!

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    October:
    AF: 3
    A: 7
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    @forestdweller1 For your survey:
    For me, a bottle of red is 750ml, a bottle of sparkling white (champagne) is 750ml and a bottle of regular white is 1.5 liters.