LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• lnort0618
    lnort0618 Posts: 18 Member
    Ended up having wine 2 glasses of wine last night, but felt good about it since in the past I would have had the whole bottle. Probably AF tonight since I have to work in the morning, and my oldest's birthday party is this afternoon so I'm expecting to be tired.

October
    AF 3
    A 1
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    I know you've all heard it from me before. But, my Day 1 AF is going to be Monday. I thought about quitting tomorrow (Sunday). But, my husband immediately said, "Sundays are never good for you!".

I guess I'll have to join @SparkSpringtime69 with her plan of "Sober Most of October". I didn't start my August streak until the 7th of the month. So, maybe, the 7th will be the charm :)

I watched the YouTube video about moderation, "Sober Powered" yesterday. She said that she spent five years on trying to moderate. My attempts at moderating started about 11 years ago when I decided to retire (early). I recently realized that I was unable to moderate after becoming involved in this group.

There are many other YouTube videos that I put in my "Watch Later" folder. But I can't binge watch. So I'll be watching a few at a time. My main interest in quitting drinking is the health benefits gained. And, hopefully being able to become active and fit once again.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    October:
    AF: 3
    A: 2 :/
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,308 Member
    @chicbuc wishing you well during this hurricane. Sorry you are going through this. I’ll be thinking of you. Proud of you for not getting wine.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited October 6
    Wow, seems like so many here are off to a great start in October - WTG!!! You're all inspiring me to do better, thank you.
    <3
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,432 Member
    3 AF
    3 A