LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,710 Member
    Wow! 2 days down, and it took over an hour to catch up on the posts! I love it!😁

So, welcome to all the newcomers!

Happy October birthday to @MissMay, @forestdweller1, and @Michieb125, and any other October babies celebrating this month!

As for me, my stats were pretty good last month. Just going to keep the intake down to a dull roar again this month.

For me, it’s easy not to go to the store to get the bottle. I’m too lazy.😉 The hard part is when it “magically appears on the counter” (that loving hubby of mine🙄), I may be able to let it sit there for about a week or at least until the weekend. But, once I pop the cork, I just can’t resist. I’ve been doing good with drinking just 2 glasses, but the next night I’m compelled to drink the last 2 glasses in the bottle. I can’t seem to let those last two glasses wait until the following weekend. But, I am avoiding the hangovers which means I’m drinking enough water and not drinking too fast (avoiding drunk/tipsy).

Anyway, had my 90-day employee review meeting today. Glowing reviews though I completely hate this job and don’t want to be working. Now, if I could just get a raise!🤔

Calling tonight AF.

AF - 2
    A - 0

Congrats on your wonderful 90 day work review, I hear ya on hating a job and don't want to be working even though they think highly of you. Oh and those corks once they are out of a big bottle, maybe you could purchase single serving tiny bottles :smile:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 610 Member
    @MissMay I have been starting and restarting Starting Strength for a couple years now :lol: I started again last night. I'm lucky enough to have a home gym. I lack the motivation way too often.
  • MissMay
    edited October 3
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday dear October sister @MissMay TODAY!! I will also be 65 years young on October 14th. I hope you feel cherished and celebrated today. ♥️

We will be doing the count down to the 14th for your 65th!!! Gosh I LOVE October! and yes I was spoiled on my bday.
  • MissMay
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    2 AF

Your starting out strong @tmbg1 with two AF in a row. Youve made incredible progress from earlier this year.
  • MissMay
    edited October 3
    @MissMay I like what you stated in this last statement about adjusting and proceeding with a new plan of action.

Speaking of plans, I like easy plans so I focus on the waking hours of today and what I will do with that precious, short time and how I will manage my behaviors. Today I will drink at least 8 large glasses of water and allow myself 1-2 diet drinks or flavored seltzers. I'm going out to buy a variety of fruit to have in fridge to eat if I get a craving. Going out for a walk now as the sun rises and meeting friends at the gym class mid-morning.

Day 1 AF done

OMGosh that is right YOU too are an October girl. Which day @globalhiker?
    Have to agree on the daily necessity of 8 plus glasses of water, fresh fruits and exercise.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 411 Member
    So odd. After the warning posts about a troll, all those posts and a whole page disappeared from my discussions page. Guess the mods really do watch out for us.
    Thanks, I guess ??

Y'all had really nice birthdays I see. And @MissMay 's bartender gave her the 👀 for ordering champagne !! LOL.
    Spent my 78th at a scheduled Dr appointment. In the car afterwards Middle Daughter surprised me with a phone call with Eldest as we shared pumpkin streusel cupcakes [mine had a lit candle].
    Catpuccino's 8th was also on the 1st...he got extra tuna.

No wine this month yet. Goal is to wait til Nov 5 .
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 411 Member
    @SurferGirl1982 ...Do you mix your whiskey with anything ?? Soda, water ?? If so, would it help to change the ratio of alcohol vs mixer to result in less alcohol intake ?? Duh... Like you never thought of that !!
    And when I still drank Scotch [ 🎶 those were the days, my friend...🎶] it would have been inconceivable for me to drink it any other way than "straight".

Is "never gonna drink again" a scarey step too far ?? Maybe just "none today, some tomorrow". Try to make every Wednesday AF. Then Wednesday and Monday....
    YOU are doing this for YOU, and YOU are worth all the effort.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    @forestdweller1 I have a Soda Stream. So I usually mix my whiskey with Soda (carbonated water). I have thought about mixing my drinks lighter. And I do. But then I'll take a swig out of the bottle (with my mixed drink as a chaser) :)

I have tried to moderate. I have a front and back lawn and Tuesday was always my "yard" day. I enjoyed working in the yard enjoying a few drinks. But while I was working, I wasn't drinking a lot. Just a bit to wet the whistle.

I had the perfect plan. Only drink on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I even tried starting with no drinking on Sunday and Monday, and going from there. But, I never could really stick to it. But, not a bad plan anyhow!

Wish Catpuccino a belated Happy birthday! Tinker's 17th birthday is October 15th.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,308 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    bizcpwtnklrm.png

One of my favorite sayings. So true!
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 79 Member
    In for October - my goal is moderation with minimum 12 dry days

AF - 1, A 2 (but low drink counts both days!)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,166 Member
    So first social gathering of October and stuck with my AF beer. Wasn't half bad

Thats my go to! :)
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    edited October 4
    @lnort0618 Thanks for the suggestion. But before I had the Soda Stream, we had to lug in 2 liter bottles of club soda (heavy) and return them empty for the deposit. Much easier now. And I have a PUR water filter on the kitchen sink faucet, so it's very tasty. My husband isn't much of a drinker (an occasional beer here and there). But he sometimes mixes lime juice with the Soda Stream water. We've never bought the flavorings.

Sorry to hear about your coworker ❤️