LESS Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 315 Member
    Thanks @MissMay I'm just having problems getting started again. I had 21-day streak in August. Everything was going so well.

I believe my main problem is having alcohol in the house in the morning. I used to dump it out and then wait until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and just buy a pint.

I had my husband buy me a fifth (750 ml) this morning at 9 am when the store opened. I'm one of those who can't quit mid-stream. I need to just not give-in tomorrow morning. I will do this! And when I do, I can't ever touch it again!

I can't remember exactly who said it, but it was just a few days ago. She was approaching 30 days. And the wine devil was saying, "After 30 days you can have a drink. You've done well." That's how my mind works too.

I'll post again tomorrow. Hopefully with some good news 🙃
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 610 Member
    Well...I already decided to cave. I don't know what I'm going to do? I know that I need to tough it out one day. But it's hard!

It is hard. Just keep trying!
  • SurferGirl1982
    Thanks @chicbuc!
  • SurferGirl1982
    Thanks @xbowhunter Fortunately or unfortunately (depending how you look at it), I don't get really bad hangovers. Just bad enough that I would like a little hair of the dog.

But you are right...I need to just do it! I had a very close friend in the 90's. And, of course, we liked our beer. The next day, I would head to the corner store to get a couple of 24's. She wouldn't get any. And would tell me, "you just have to tough it out!" She was right too!

By the way, I'm still very impressed with your AF attitude...Keep it up!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,197 Member
    @SparkSpringtime69 I can definitely relate to your situation. Yours is quite like mine. I think we both need a change in our lives. I can tell in your posts that you want to. And, we can both do it. It's just 31 days. And after those 31 days we will both feel so much better. I've done it before and it is amazing. We can do it!

I'm looking forward to the sober October, and I know we can knock this out! Even if we don't get all 31 days, some AF days are better than none.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,710 Member
    rtpv6e6506oj.png

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited October 2
    Hi ya everyone. First time poster here. Going to try dry October and see how it goes. Already got my N.A. beer for a couple of upcoming social gatherings.
    duichaser wrote: »
    Already planned on starting today with less alcohol, and came across this. thanks for putting it together!

Welcome to you both!

Great plan, having NA beer at the ready!
  • Womona
    lnort0618 wrote: »
    Hi everyone- first time poster here. In late August I decided to drink less alcohol, in conjunction with going on a new medication- and I've been feeling really good! Just thought this might be a way to keep track of me A vs. NA days (and I've been lurking all of September, it was starting to feel a little weird that I wasn't commenting!).

I'm basically aiming for around 40% alcohol free days, and to limit my intake on the days I do drink to 2-3 drinks. I find I feel so much better when I'm not drinking on work nights- and that I have a lot more energy to play with my two young kids...plus a lot more patience. Let's see how it goes! A part of me is afraid that now that I've publicly declared my intentions I'm going to slip up :#

October stats:
    1AF

Welcome! Yeah, that declaring publicly thing… makes it real, which can be a little scary. However, it’s great that you already recognize that it all goes much better if you don’t imbibe during the week. I’m trying to get to that point!
  • cddiehl
    cddiehl Posts: 3 Member
    I think this the group I need! I enjoy a drink in the evening chatting with my husband. One drink is all, but I know it adds calories. And I seriously need to lose a few pounds!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 610 Member
    Welcome to all the new members! This group is great for accountability and support! I'm shooting for sober October as well after only getting 8 AF days last month. Good luck to everyone!

AF = 1
    A = 0
  • Womona
    cddiehl wrote: »
    I think this the group I need! I enjoy a drink in the evening chatting with my husband. One drink is all, but I know it adds calories. And I seriously need to lose a few pounds!

I’m right there with ya!