WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2024

1232425262729»

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,662 Member
    edited 7:48PM
    I've been a bit sad not hearing anything from the family, or anything about my ex's state of health. It kept me awake last night.
    Then this evening I got a whole lot of pics of the kids enjoying themselves at their petting farm hotel, and the news that my ex is feeling much better. They gave him my love as asked..
    r9j3p33nfgad.jpg
    fgblbkj0n4om.jpg
    Edie is wearing the leopard print jacket I bought her last year and Max is in the cap he and John chose together ❤️
    I feel relieved.

I had a short phone call with my friend L today, again after a bit of a lull, so I was feeling a bit neglected. 😕 Turns out she had had covid and is only now reviving. Nice to chat. She knows my ex very well, so it's good to talk to someone who knows where I'm at.

G is getting very excited about her cruise. 'Only 5 sleeps away', she texted! :p

Had Hairy Bikers for dinner. Haven't had it for ages, so it felt quite nostalgic. Delicious!

Qizzy Monday on TV tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,053 Member
    edited 8:15PM
    h3vl2tji7aip.jpg
    Evening all
    Went the the new Rheumatologist today ,he seems nice..not my Dr Pal but I only have to see him twice a year..
    I have super low grade lupus which is great on my part.
    And the more weight I lose the better off I'll be.
    x47e15acsr9b.jpg[img][/img]
    isd83kmz6dfx.jpg
    [img][/img]

A few pictures from the last couple days
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,312 Member

isd83kmz6dfx.jpg
    [img][/img]

A few pictures from the last couple days

They must get a lot of trick or treaters!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,743 Member
    Just got this latest kindergarten photo from my daughter in law on our group Messenger site. Warms my heart! I told her an 8x10 for Christmas is all we need.💖😁
    jfjbucj5rnlo.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,184 Member
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,823 Member
    Carol ... love the tree in your yard. You are probably still reaching peak in your area. Here in western NY we're past peak, but the leaves were outstanding this year in their vibrancy! Super bright yellows and reds. We still have pockets of color or a tree here and there that are just stunning. I love Fall.

Allie ... lots of candy and BIG candy bars! I only give out fun/snack size... if I get any trick-or-treaters ... which is always questionable. Consequently, I don't want a lot of candy left over in the house.

I have done as much of the living room cleaning as I'm going to do today. The dining room is connected and I'll finish that up tomorrow. I'll count the moving of furniture by myself and dusting the popcorn ceiling (I know, yuck) as my functional exercise today.

Beth near Buffalo

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,972 Member
    Carol, your tree is beautiful.

Rebecca, Allie, and Heather, lovely grandchildren!

On protein: I shoot for 120 g of protein, 100 oz of water, 25 g of sugar or less, and less carbs than protein. I’m pretty good about hitting the protein and water goals. The other is a little harder. I don’t count the natural sugar in fruits and veggies in the 25 g.

I celebrated the big 7-0 with new shots in my knees, a trip to Gibbs Gardens with my mother, sister and childhood friend, and dinner at our favorite Mexican place with Dave.

Gibbs Gardens pic in spoiler.
    vte4ggy5ach6.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,622 Member
    edited 10:08PM
    Katiebug - Happy 70th! Did I read that correctly? Who's that good looking 40 year old in the photo? ;)

Carol - I love your beautiful back yard and your maple tree is gorgeous. I should have taken a photo of my sunset maple which had brilliant red and orange leaves a few weeks ago. One of the best things about fall. That and the 22 garbage cans of leaves I raked up and tossed into the back yard last week. That was a calorie burner I'm sure.

Allie -that's a heap of candy! We don't get any trick or treaters up our road. I got a message from Mrs. Roger across the street and she said they put out decorations for me (since I'm the only one who can see them!)

Heather - great photos of the grands. Wow they are growing up! Seems like yesterday Bea was a toddler. Glad you got caught up on your ex's health struggle and that he's feeling better.

Barbara - I got in gear and signed up with WellCare for Part D today. Can't beat the premium. $0. I wonder how they do that? The only possible downside is after I enrolled online I had a question so called the number they gave me.... the call center is overseas in the Philippines. I sort of spoke to a young lady since I couldn't understand much of what she said but she was able to answer my question OK. Maybe next time I'll get to talk to Earl, lol. Anyhow crossing fingers I don't need to use it in 2025. I expect my Part B to increase as usual so offsetting costs as best I can.

Church chat so I'll put this in a spoiler. Skip if you want.
    I'm not a Catholic. I attended Catholic Church a couple times with friends when I was in college and have attended funerals in Catholic churches. Anyhow, this afternoon I'm watching a Shawn Ryan interview with Father Dan Reehil who became a priest after living a wild life on Wall Street. And he's also an exorcist. It's so interesting and fascinating to me. I regret when DH died there wasn't a priest around to give him last rites. There are hardly any left in our area anymore, I think they come in from other counties now and then. :o But there was a non-denominal lady chaplain who spent a lot of time with DH and then both of us in his hospital room the afternoon before he passed, so I felt good about it. I think he got a good send-off.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State