WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,184 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Morning ladies
    On our way back ,going through the carribean sea.. my only downfall in the mornings is that darn small chocolate croissant and fresh fruit.. I have noticed that even with the fancy dinners I only eat a portion and leave the rest..
    Im relaxing in the room,honestly I need to ask what kind of bed,pillows and bedding they use because I sleep so soundly.. and of course the rocking of the ship helps lol
    0poqqwshnily.jpg
    s87almn9d5r2.jpg
    The sunset last night and a cocktail from last night,but only drank 1/2
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 50min 1sec, 25elev, 77ahr, 97mhr, 13812 steps, 6.01mi= 565c
    Strava app = 729c
    Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 29min 5sec, dust, vacuum, laundry fold/put away, make more hummingbird food (will fill up tomorrow), refill front water fountains, pack some stuff for camping, etc= 683c

Total cal 1248

Doing most of the housework today because we are doing the 10 mile run tomorrow and we won’t be in the mood to do housework tomorrow since we are leaving for camping on Saturday.

Ooh busy busy! Enjoy the weekend!!!
    Ok wait.....I am never in the mood for housework!!! What is this mood , and where can I get it???😂
    How's Yogi doing these days?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Lololol. I can’t even believe that I do housework voluntarily at all! If we do it regularly once a week it doesn’t get bad and won’t build up, yogi is a champ, he is not liking the ear stuff that we put in his ears twice a day but we give him peanut butter, kisses and hugs, poor guy, still having to wear the head gear though. Will have a vet appointment whe we get back.

Awe, I was giving peanut butter on a treat that had a paw print on it. That's where I put my cousins dogs pill into, then "frosted" it with peanut butter. He loved it!
    How long does Yogi need to wear the headgear?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

24/7 until his next appointment November 6. So he will be wearing it for about 2 weeks
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,931 Member
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,175 Member
    edited October 25

Debbie - I'm hoping Walmart has some rotisserie chickens in their deli cooler. I saved the carcass and bones from the one I got a couple weeks ago and tossed it into the freezer. I'd like to put a couple into the crockpot and let them simmer for a while and get some good broth. I just checked the price online.... up to $5.97! I hope that's for the hot ones and not the ones in the cooler from yesterday. I paid $3.97 a few weeks ago. Guess I'll find out. How are the prices down your way?

Working on the grocery list. Will do an early morning shopping run - temps in the 30's but it's a little overcast so shouldn't run into any icy roads.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Hope you were able to find the chicken in the cooler. I think they have either moved them in our store to a spot I haven't found yet or discontinued the ones in the cooler. They are in the hot case for $5.97 but the place they were in the cold case doesn't even have a tag for them now. Was very disappointed.
    Thought it was just didn't have any that day but two weeks in a row they are not there and no spot for them.

Had an nice extra break- as I was getting ready to go park/walk/wait for Ezie, I got a call from her step grandpa. He was at the school picking her up because the school called him to let him know she was running a fever and needed to be picked up. So, I got the day off.

Son went to LA with 5 of his buddies(friends since K/1st grade most of them-all from elementary school). They will be back on Monday. Glad he is having fun with the guys but miss him when he is gone. He was gone a week last month in Maui with his girlfriend and her family. He says after this trip, he won't be going anywhere for a while.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • pipcd34
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,053 Member
    Its raining out,but sounds nice to go to sleep to..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,543 Member
    Longest bicycle ride in a little while. :)

ut25n9olf1tg.png

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,743 Member
    Hello my friends! I had a terrible stomach ache today. I managed to get to a doctor and I've got diverticulitis. So I'm on a very limited diet for ten days but I have to eat something or the antibiotics will tear me apart. So I ordered rice from Amazon. I can barely walk let alone go shopping! But my eating will be all messed up. I don't usually eat rice because it has too much carb and too little protein.

Then I will need a cat scan and probably a colonoscopy. Oh boy! I don't know how I will manage my father through that.

My friend M who had cancer surgery today, said the doctors were very pleased with the surgery outcome. Yay!

See you in the morning,
    Annie in Delaware

Hugs, I'm so sorry youre suffering! One step at a time. Healing thoughts to you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 3,019 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Well I guess there's a learning curve to fasting, or at least fasting with diverticulitis. I had a piece of bread and my bellyache came right back. I slept some but had a bad dream about a swarm of huge killer bees.

There is nothing much on the agenda tomorrow. Just to keep my Dad busy and happy. I baked a piece of frozen lasagna for his dinner last night. It was just about the limit of my ability to get that done.

So we all keep on keeping on. I need to put down my phone and sleep. Goodnight!

Annie in Delaware

• mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 98 Member
    Hello ladies, last night before going to bed, I found out why I have been having headaches, sinus issues, hay fever, and GI symptoms. I just looked at my CPAP nasal prongs and saw mold spores. Black mold. I threw the moldy nasal prongs away. I examined the vent thingy, and it, too, was black. I talk about patients with roaches in their vent circuit. Here, I have mold in my CPAP, and it took me this long to see it. So I washed it with mild soap. It would not come out. So, I dipped the cotton balls in bleach, and the black ones came off. It was clear again. Then I got the CPAP cleaner and cleaned it thoroughly. I thought it was the dust and dust mites, but it was mold and dust mites. I usually clean the parts, but I looked at my calendar, and the last time I did it was in June. I forgot about that. I will need to clean bi-weekly. I'm glad I have an appointment with the sleep doctor and allergist soon. I need new supplies. I did have a new nasal prong to replace the one I discarded. I have an emergency, but it is large
    and needs a medium. I have every symptom that mold exposure causes. What a big dummy I am. Sorry for the TMI.

Barbie, We were in Kona Last October, and it was beautiful. I wish I had two weeks there instead of one. I can not believe it has been a year.

Vicki, you have the most seniority there. Why didn't they transfer you to another department and let go of the last one hired? Do you guys have a union? We don't here, but in Chicago, they did, and they wouldn't tolerate that crap. I am so sorry to bring this up again. I feel heartbroken for you. My friend Laura noticed the shake-down at her job recently, and she quit and found herself the perfect job in her neighborhood. She now works at a library, and she is happy. I am leaving my current job next year, and I am going to find the perfect princess job where I don't have to lift patients and hurt myself anymore. Just think about it. This does not have to be the end.

Annie, Premier shakes have 30 grams of protein. I make mine with the powder and use Fairlife, which has protein. I use crushed ice and blend, and it is so good.

Machka, I deal with many patients with TBIs, and it is a miracle how some come out. Many of the youth get there from car wrecks from drinking too much with friends. Some were too young to be driving. One guy stole his grandma's car. He had violent tendencies, and I had to call for backup. I printed the article on the effects of alcohol, and then they published other exciting articles. I learn a lot from all of you. My son doesn't want to drink too much, if at all, for fear that alcoholism runs in my family. It does, and DH's side, too. I don't drink, and DH doesn't either. I may have a drink maybe once or twice a year or not at all. I do wonder if my mom was drinking a lot of wine, and perhaps that hastened the onset of Alzheimer's. I would initially get her a bottle of Lambrosko, and she would drop it quickly. Then she would get mean, so we stopped buying it for her.

Tracey, seeing your pretty paper and stickers made me want to check my inventory. I also need to get started again on my albums.

Rita, I knitted a red scarf thanks to YouTube, which made me happy. I am wrestling with crocheting. I get so far that I see my mistakes and then undo them. One time, I was working on it while precepting, and the therapist told me she did better than me. I told her that I was trying to learn. She offered no assistance. Then, I stopped after a nurse showed me her work. I will try again soon as I am on vacation again. Maybe knitting can help relax you cause you are dealing with many things. I am sending hugs to you.

Jeanne, at my job, they started selling candy and snacks. I was indulging, and the weight crept up. Then I discovered Built Bars, which have 17 grams of protein, and it curbed my sweet tooth. I keep Quest chips and Shameless snacks in my pantry, just in case. I have a lunch box, and my rule is that I can only eat from my box. By the way, I discovered that the Built Bars taste better and last longer frozen. Frozen grapes are a great snack, too. I hate going into the break room for fear they have donuts or cookies. I keep an ice pack in my lunch bag and keep it with me. Keeping my lunch bag allows me to eat my healthy snacks only.

Lanette, the orthotic they made, helps, and my foot no longer hurts.
    Your Rosie is your guardian angel, and Rose is mine.

Pip, you are doing fantastic on your running. I hope you guys have fun camping and stay safe. For the record, I glamp, not camp. It does sound fun, though. As long as I don't get attacked by an animal, I could do it. I am afraid of bugs, though, so maybe I will stick to glamping.

Terri, prayers to you as well.

Allie, you are managing your diet so well on the trip. I would have had the lobster. (I love lobster!)

I have been trying to write this all day, but I had to call in sick. I have been sneezing, and my nose is running like a faucet. You all have a wonderful weekend.
    XO,
    MO in Mississippi

• Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Longest bicycle ride in a little while. :)

ut25n9olf1tg.png

Machka in Oz

And another walk ...

umxhri0v5h80.png

• Machka9
    Well I guess there's a learning curve to fasting, or at least fasting with diverticulitis. I had a piece of bread and my bellyache came right back. I slept some but had a bad dream about a swarm of huge killer bees.

There is nothing much on the agenda tomorrow. Just to keep my Dad busy and happy. I baked a piece of frozen lasagna for his dinner last night. It was just about the limit of my ability to get that done.

So we all keep on keeping on. I need to put down my phone and sleep. Goodnight!

Annie in Delaware

Liquid Diet for Diverticulitis
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/liquid-diet-for-diverticulitis-7100637

What To Eat When You Have Diverticular Disease
    https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-foods-should-you-eat-and-avoid-on-a-diverticulitis-diet

Full Liquid Diet Benefits and Indications
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-you-can-eat-on-a-full-liquid-diet-2507157

Do you have Lipton cup-a-soup on hand? That might work for you.

I was diagnosed with gastroparesis a few years ago. When it's acting up, I go onto a liquid diet for a little bit or I just don't eat at all for a while. On a regular basis, I don't eat between about 8:30 pm and 11:30 am (or even later) ... this gives my digestive system a chance to digest things.

One solid food that seems to help a bit are saltine crackers. But I find I can only eat bread in moderation at the best of times.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15522-gastroparesis
    https://health.clevelandclinic.org/gastroparesis-diet

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,931 Member
    October is almost over. Our clocks go back tonight. It seems like no time since the beginning of the year and we hardly had any good weather during the summer. It’s going to be a long dark winter.

C’est la vie!

Hope you have a productive weekend.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,846 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Annie - I bet you'll do fine eating some eggs for protein and the other light liquids and foods you have. I'm sure the sleep did you a world of good. By the way, I think my DH also drank Ensure for a while for the protein. UPDATE: Sorry the bread didn't work out. Here's a TMI question - does the doc have you drinking Miralax or something to hasten clean-out? Maybe that's not necessary in your case. Just trying to think back what all they did for DH. He did end up in the hospital and they had him drinking "Drano". What triggered it for him was he had eating a LOT of peanuts that overstressed his system. Looks like Machka has found some good links on what to eat. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I'm not sure that the liquid diet is so much for cleaning out the digestive system as it is for resting the digestive system.

Ensure may be a good choice.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Thank you Machka and Lanette and Mo and Rebecca and others. Amazon delivered my rice! Just having it in the house makes me feel better. So my plan is just eggs and rice and tea, until the gurgles and spasms stop. I know technically I'm only allowed liquids, but I have to wonder how many people can comply with that. I had one minute of lightheadedness yesterday. This is Day four of extreme low calorie diet.

And no I'm not taking miralax. I'm taking some Imodium.

I have a sitter for Dad who knows I am sick. She is coming Monday morning so I can go renew my driver's license. If I don't feel on a more even keel by then, I may go to the ER instead. That's as much of a plan as I have. Dad can spend some time across the street with my Aunt, but her plate is already full. And if I end up in the hospital, my sister will come up from Tennessee.

One of the tenets of Buddhism is that people get sick and die, so we should plan for that and not be surprised or unprepared. Yet here I am. I'm just afraid to ask for help until the need is obvious,
    and then it's the last minute. I will have to think about what else I can do.

Meanwhile I have some new books to read while this passes. Yay! I started DKHood, which is engrossing but a tad serious. I also read a Lori Matthews about Callahan security which I really enjoyed.

Have a great day! May you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9

Thank you Machka and Lanette and Mo and Rebecca and others. Amazon delivered my rice! Just having it in the house makes me feel better. So my plan is just eggs and rice and tea, until the gurgles and spasms stop. I know technically I'm only allowed liquids, but I have to wonder how many people can comply with that. I had one minute of lightheadedness yesterday. This is Day four of extreme low calorie diet.

Annie in Delaware

Some of the dental issues I have had have meant I was forced onto a liquid diet for several days. It's all right. A bit of light-headedness is OK ... if it goes on for, say, 15 minutes, have a glass of apple juice. And get some Ensure.

According to those articles, you're not supposed to be on a liquid diet more than just a few days, then you should try introducing a few non-fibre things. One of the articles makes suggestions.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    Hello ladies, last night before going to bed, I found out why I have been having headaches, sinus issues, hay fever, and GI symptoms. I just looked at my CPAP nasal prongs and saw mold spores. Black mold. I threw the moldy nasal prongs away. I examined the vent thingy, and it, too, was black. I talk about patients with roaches in their vent circuit. Here, I have mold in my CPAP, and it took me this long to see it. So I washed it with mild soap. It would not come out. So, I dipped the cotton balls in bleach, and the black ones came off. It was clear again. Then I got the CPAP cleaner and cleaned it thoroughly. I thought it was the dust and dust mites, but it was mold and dust mites. I usually clean the parts, but I looked at my calendar, and the last time I did it was in June. I forgot about that. I will need to clean bi-weekly. I'm glad I have an appointment with the sleep doctor and allergist soon. I need new supplies. I did have a new nasal prong to replace the one I discarded. I have an emergency, but it is large
    and needs a medium. I have every symptom that mold exposure causes. What a big dummy I am. Sorry for the TMI.

Barbie, We were in Kona Last October, and it was beautiful. I wish I had two weeks there instead of one. I can not believe it has been a year.

Vicki, you have the most seniority there. Why didn't they transfer you to another department and let go of the last one hired? Do you guys have a union? We don't here, but in Chicago, they did, and they wouldn't tolerate that crap. I am so sorry to bring this up again. I feel heartbroken for you. My friend Laura noticed the shake-down at her job recently, and she quit and found herself the perfect job in her neighborhood. She now works at a library, and she is happy. I am leaving my current job next year, and I am going to find the perfect princess job where I don't have to lift patients and hurt myself anymore. Just think about it. This does not have to be the end.

Annie, Premier shakes have 30 grams of protein. I make mine with the powder and use Fairlife, which has protein. I use crushed ice and blend, and it is so good.

Machka, I deal with many patients with TBIs, and it is a miracle how some come out. Many of the youth get there from car wrecks from drinking too much with friends. Some were too young to be driving. One guy stole his grandma's car. He had violent tendencies, and I had to call for backup. I printed the article on the effects of alcohol, and then they published other exciting articles. I learn a lot from all of you. My son doesn't want to drink too much, if at all, for fear that alcoholism runs in my family. It does, and DH's side, too. I don't drink, and DH doesn't either. I may have a drink maybe once or twice a year or not at all. I do wonder if my mom was drinking a lot of wine, and perhaps that hastened the onset of Alzheimer's. I would initially get her a bottle of Lambrosko, and she would drop it quickly. Then she would get mean, so we stopped buying it for her.

Tracey, seeing your pretty paper and stickers made me want to check my inventory. I also need to get started again on my albums.

Rita, I knitted a red scarf thanks to YouTube, which made me happy. I am wrestling with crocheting. I get so far that I see my mistakes and then undo them. One time, I was working on it while precepting, and the therapist told me she did better than me. I told her that I was trying to learn. She offered no assistance. Then, I stopped after a nurse showed me her work. I will try again soon as I am on vacation again. Maybe knitting can help relax you cause you are dealing with many things. I am sending hugs to you.

Jeanne, at my job, they started selling candy and snacks. I was indulging, and the weight crept up. Then I discovered Built Bars, which have 17 grams of protein, and it curbed my sweet tooth. I keep Quest chips and Shameless snacks in my pantry, just in case. I have a lunch box, and my rule is that I can only eat from my box. By the way, I discovered that the Built Bars taste better and last longer frozen. Frozen grapes are a great snack, too. I hate going into the break room for fear they have donuts or cookies. I keep an ice pack in my lunch bag and keep it with me. Keeping my lunch bag allows me to eat my healthy snacks only.

Lanette, the orthotic they made, helps, and my foot no longer hurts.
    Your Rosie is your guardian angel, and Rose is mine.

Pip, you are doing fantastic on your running. I hope you guys have fun camping and stay safe. For the record, I glamp, not camp. It does sound fun, though. As long as I don't get attacked by an animal, I could do it. I am afraid of bugs, though, so maybe I will stick to glamping.

Terri, prayers to you as well.

Allie, you are managing your diet so well on the trip. I would have had the lobster. (I love lobster!)

I have been trying to write this all day, but I had to call in sick. I have been sneezing, and my nose is running like a faucet. You all have a wonderful weekend.
    XO,
    MO in Mississippi

Compared to how we used to go camping, I consider what we do is clamping.

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,312 Member

I have a sitter for Dad who knows I am sick. She is coming Monday morning so I can go renew my driver's license. If I don't feel on a more even keel by then, I may go to the ER instead. That's as much of a plan as I have. Dad can spend some time across the street with my Aunt, but her plate is already full. And if I end up in the hospital, my sister will come up from Tennessee.

One of the tenets of Buddhism is that people get sick and die, so we should plan for that and not be surprised or unprepared. Yet here I am. I'm just afraid to ask for help until the need is obvious,

Meanwhile I have some new books to read while this passes. Yay! I started DKHood, which is engrossing but a tad serious. I also read a Lori Matthews about Callahan security which I really enjoyed.

Annie in Delaware

I also found the premier protein shakes tasty, as long as they were very cold. I needed to drink them, not let them sit and sip on them. You can get them from Costco, most grocery stores and Amazon. I had Costco deliver them since I couldn’t drive.

You can also blend yogurt and fruit, peanut butter, whatever you like to give you a bit more bulk. I also blended soup so it was smooth.

There are lots of options.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9

Annie in Delaware

I also found the premier protein shakes tasty, as long as they were very cold. I needed to drink them, not let them sit and sip on them. You can get them from Costco, most grocery stores and Amazon. I had Costco deliver them since I couldn’t drive.

You can also blend yogurt and fruit, peanut butter, whatever you like to give you a bit more bulk. I also blended soup so it was smooth.

There are lots of options.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Tomato or pumpkin soup would probably work too. Just make sure there are no pieces in them.

I go to creamy pumpkin soup with maybe a few saltines when I need to give my digestive system a break.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,237 Member
    edited October 26
    MoHave you tried the machine that cleans your CPAP machine nightly. I am glad you discovered the source of the mold and are working to correct the problem!

Annie have you tried eliminating gluten. Unfortunately most American breads are made with the hybrid wheat which has more gluten than the bread of 100 years ago. It is what holds the bread together but can be difficult to digest. So it does not surprise me that eating bread did not agree with you.

I gave up gluten a year ago and have noticed big improvements in my digestion. By giving it up this also helped me greatly reduce sugar and seed oils. Those being reduced helped me lose weight and reduced the bad kind of inflammation in my body. No more Sinus infections!No CPAP machine because I breathe freely through my nose now and can nose breathe at night. I also lost the double chin that so often goes with breathing problems at night. Also no more GERD. I had the type of GERD where I was constantly having to clear my throat especially after laughing. The biggest bonus is I sing better!

Listened to a Dr. Berg video last night one of his super foods is sauerkraut. High is Vit C and K2. K2 is important to help calcium get into your bones rather than staying in the blood stream where it can cause calcium build up in places you don't want it. Sauerkraut also helps with digestion. Arugula is also a super food too because of K2. I have started using it as my salad base. It is also low in oxalates.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,565 Member
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,662 Member
    edited October 26
    I was going to go out today to do some food shopping, especially the butcher and the Asian shop, but it rained all morning and I lost my enthusiasm. Real cloudy, damp, and miserable. :s It's just about stopped, but I really can't be bothered now. I've got some beautiful Icelandic cod out of the freezer and will make a panko and basil crust for that. John has prepared a heap of brussels sprouts. So all good.
    I was also planning to take my nearly new handbag to the charity shop, and went looking for something else to go with it, but succeeded in throwing lots of stuff away, like old reading glasses that are too weak now. Just cheap ones from Amazon. Old boxes etc. Hooray! John has had a clear out of his bathroom cupboard and has got rid of very old insect repellent and sunscreen. I will buy new for next year's holiday. Hooray, Hooray!
    It always amazes me what nonsense we keep, just in case. And just because it's always been there! :p

I'm still enjoying my middle of the night workouts, and I do more whenever I remember. My knee is less sore, but I still can't walk upstairs properly.

Annie - so sorry that your life has been made even more complicated by the diverticulitis diagnosis. :# As if you don't have enough to think about!

Had a text to say my brother had a better day yesterday. :)<3

The family are in Scotland, but I'm not getting any news. I'm sad about that.

Barbie - We generally watch the early episodes of Midsomer Murders. It was much better back then, before it got ridiculous. I also like seeing the actors as their much younger selves. Many are now 'National Treasures'. I'm recording one from series 3 or 4 this evening, as well as an early Poirot. Do you get Sister Boniface over there? Good, old-fashioned fun. I think we are on season three, but I've only just started watching it. It's set in the early 60s.

I've been reading Barbara Pym again recently. I'm now on my third book. Wonderful quiet wit, set among spinsters and the clergy in the 50s. Such a great observer of human foibles. Merciless, really.
    I also love Elizabeth Strout and have her latest two on my Kindle, ready to read. I've read all the rest.

Vicki - Sending love to you and all you are going through. It's like a bereavement, so don't try to just shrug it off. Allow yourself to grieve.

Much love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,265 Member
    Today is: howl at the moon while carving a pumpkin and eating mince meat pies tonight!

pm4w9esvrm9y.jpeg
    1khc543yvpql.jpeg
    ix4gthwfkilo.jpeg
    nv8ifb2en3a3.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 26
    Hello, my friends;
    I called off again today. I took Dayquil and Benadryl, and I was able to sleep. I felt nauseous last night, and I have been eating under 1000 calories the past few days. This morning, I had a big breakfast: 1 hard-boiled egg, oatmeal, and one slice of roo bread. I am not entirely on Keto. I keep my carbs lower than 120. After reading the articles Machka provided. It backs my beliefs to keep my red meat intake to a minimum. It takes 3 days to digest red meat. My digestive system is sluggish. I noticed that donuts, a large intake of nuts, and greasy foods upset my tummy. It has been so long since I had fried chicken, and in Mississippi, they fry anything, even an Oreo cookie. I didn't go to the fair to have fair food either. Everyone went there to eat. I wouldn't say I like crowds, and why put myself in that position to eat poorly? They have animals at the fair also. It depresses me to see a kangaroo, and others lifeless because they are trapped in a small area or drugged to "behave".

Vicki, prayers, and hugs as you grieve this heartbreaking process.

Michelle, Yay for making the Whoopi pies! I am glad you like them. Now, you need to try the box cake with a can of Diet Coke recipe. Use the zero-sugar ready-made frosting. It is delicious, and if you make cupcakes, it will be easy to divide the macros.

Kim, your pictures make me want to visit Boston. It looks like you had a blast, and the skeletons had fun, too.

Sue, I read a book with a setting in Snohomish, and now I see it all the time on Unsellable Houses on HGTV.

Barbara, Clean your iron with liquid Tylenol or crushed tabs.

Terri, are you taking a psychology class?

Heather, it sounds like you are a great cook.

Carol, thanks for the positive thoughts.

Margaret, thanks; I will look into getting the machine cleaner.

Have a Happy Saturday, ladies.
    XO,
    MO in Mississippi

• pipcd34
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,171 Member
    edited October 26
    🌞🌻Jeanne this is what I do to reply to someone (bold their name in my reply) About meal planning--my husband and I have figured out some meals that are easy and healthy and we rotate them for the big meal we eat together This makes grocery shopping easier and faster because we eat the same things. With practice and trial and error I figured out how to prepare just enough for the two of us so there's no overeating and no leftovers .

🚗😀🛒our big adventure today is our monthly shopping at Costco. Annie and I stay in the car and listen to music while Jake shops from the list we made.

🐤how about chicken broth for a liquid diet?? Yummy and contains protein

🌻👣🚶‍♀️Barbie in NW WA