Eat Stop Eat..how it's worked for me.

Options

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I should do this again. Just lazy. Will do another tomorrow - well, maybe Sunday to Monday, yeah that's it...
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    k, started again at 10 pm. it will only end up being a 18 - 20 hr fast, whenever we eat dinner tonight. i'm reorganizing my kitchen and cleaning house today, so i should stay pretty busy. the only temptation will come when i'm preparing food for the kids and hubby throughout the day. i am strong though :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Need to definitely reset after all the salt and sugar last night. So like you jenjabbour I started at 10 and will go until 6 p.m. so that will be 20 hours for me. Only 12:30 hours to go. Busy day with kids so hopefully a really nice distraction. Just need to make sure I don't make the same mistake with the leftovers from last night with all the salt and sugar again when I finally eat dinner.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I don't know why but some days are much harder to fast than others. So I took my friend to the airport this morning and I was REALLY craving a breakfast burrito from sonic on the way back. I decided to fast from 6pm last night to 6pm tonight, so I really didn't want to break it but I wanted one so bad. To make matters worse, I pass 2 sonics on the way home! BUT I made it, and got home and had some coffee. I wasn't even that hungry, so I don't know why it was so hard to resist! But now that I did resist, I feel more empowered because of it!

Small successes like this make me feel like I can really do this... I hope you all are having a great Sunday, and looking forward to thanksgiving! I, personally, am not afraid to fast before the thanksgiving meal because I know I have the self control NOT to have way too much! Plus now I get full so much quicker, and I know I'll be really uncomfortable if I eat way too much.

I am starting INSANITY today, and I hope it won't be too hard with fasting. I might have to take it down to 2x per week, instead of the 3 days I have been doing. We'll see. anxious to see how my weigh in goes tomorrow, according to exercise and calories eaten, I should have lost at least 2 lbs.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Okay ,so yesterday didn't work out, so I now have two bad eating days in a row under my belt. But kids and hubby are out of the house today, and I have 16:21 to go, and I am determined to accomplish it.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    So I have a little over 12 hours to go. Even though I have been doing this for a month or so, today it HARD. Could be hormones. But I know that I have done this in the past, so physically it is possible. I have a mental need to eat. But I'm already 12 hours down, so the next 12 will be a breeze...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    On the days the fast seems harder I drink a huge Coke Zero...not the best because of chemicals and what not but I'll tell you that fills your belly up big time! A lot of times we think we're hungry we're really just thirsty. Of course I also drink a ton ton ton of water during the fast but carbonation goes a long way!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Humm I find that carbonation makes me hungry, I tried soda water during one fast and the bubbles just made it worse, oh and of course the chemicals make me crave sugar (in Coke zero that is). To each is own I suppose :bigsmile:
    Started my fast last night at 7:30, had a party Sat night and drank too much and ate my homemade cake, so the fast started Sunday, lol!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I fasted on Saturday - that was so hard, but i stayed strong! We were running errands and hubby and daughter needed lunch, so he went to one of our fav burger joints - in n out... while they ate cheeseburgers and fries, i drank an extra large iced tea (that wasn't very strong). then they ate m&ms. it all smelled SOOOO good!!! but i didn't give in. however, Saturday night, we had ribs, chili, bread... ugh so I don't know how much the fast was worth... I'm back on the fast again today... and then wednesday and friday I'll be fasting - for the sole purpose of making sure Tday doesn't count...LOL

soda - really really helps with the hunger feeling. i did not have any on Saturday and i was hungrier than usual.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Good job guys! I have found that I do better fasting after breakfast, and now that I've started Insanity (and will be doing it in the mornings) I will have to eat afterwards. yesterday my fast was 5pm-5pm, but afterwards I wasn't even hungry! I only had a protein drink and didn't want a real dinner! Oh well, I had a nice breakfast this morning to make up for it!

Coffee and tea does it for me if water won't fill me up, i wont go near diet pop but if it helps you then great! some days it may be hard to stick with but the willpower we build up over time with sticking to fasts is great and I think it will be useful in other areas of life!! I am going to do wednesday & friday as well for fasts this week (although my normal is Sun-Tues-Thurs)
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have read through this whole thread and I want to try this! I have 20 lbs I need to lose. So, I am thinking my first fast will be Wednesday afternoon- Thursday afternoon for Thanksgiving meal.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nichole,
    On the my 1st day, on the last 3 hour are hard. I have take coffee to keep me going but the 2nd time I don't need anything except filtered water. Today is my fasting day. I already have my dinner ready so I can eat it after my hip hop class tonight.
  • nichole1027
    Options
    I may reconsider and start the fast now, I last ate at 7:00 lastnight, so I am already 13 hours into it. That way I can do a workout when I get home from work tonight and then eat.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Good luck Nichole!! I find that the last 5 hours are the hardest, just push through it!! If you are a little short of 24 hrs the first time keep in mind that 18+ hours still has benefits. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've really been enjoying doing this fast for the past few Saturdays but I have to applaud those of you who can successfully do it during the week.

I'm always starving at work and although I keep it to about 1200-1300 calories a day I could not imagine not eating until dinner. On Saturdays it’s easy, I spend my day working out, reading, grocery shopping or on the computer and it’s much easier to ignore the hunger pangs.

I am aware for ESE you shouldn’t really be counting calories during the week hence b/c I am, that why I'm only fasting on Saturday which is usually my cheat day so I may have a 1000 calorie dinner that night.
  • nichole1027
    Options
    SkierElle, I see you have been doing it for a month or so, have you had good results so far?
  • funsilver
    Options
    I think I am going to give this a try this week.
    Green Tea and coffee will definitely be my go too to keep off those cravings
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Fasting will probably put your body into shock. I wonder if it will make it MORE difficult to lose weight because it might mess up your metabolism.

In any case, I could never do that. I'm hungry all of the time... I'd chew my fingers off!*LOL*

Shannon
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Finished my fast last night at 7:30, I feel so much better today! I find this really helps me know when I'm hungry or just bored and be more careful with my food choices.
    Sweet13_Princes if you research this you will see that it is very healthy to do 24 hour fasts, and it does not make it more difficult to lose weight, nor does it harm your metabolism, it makes it easier in fact. I have PCOS so it is very hard to lose weight and this really helps me keep the scale going downwards. I'm not saying you have to do it, but we've all looked into this (well most of us) extensively before starting it.
    Good luck to all those on your first fast, I've been doing this at least once a week for the past few months. I hardly get hungry during the fast now and always feel stronger during my workouts those days and it keeps me in check on non fast days. I often do one from Sun to Mon to get rid of all that extra sodium from the weekend as I don't drink as much water on the weekends, and chose a random day for the next one :bigsmile: