Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ignore the bars on the background of this line chart
    Fat+and+CHO+use+with+ex+intensity.gif.png

the lower fat, the more CHO that will be oxidized and vice versa.

On a hypocaloric diet If 80% of your calories came from carbs your fat oxidation will be minimal, but you will probably not be storing any fat. You will be losing weight.
    If 80% of your calories came from fat, you are constantly storing fat, but at the same time your fat oxidation will be very high

I'm eating about 65% to 80% fat per day on a ketogenic diet - lost around 7kg 3 in weeks.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

and see http://josepharcita.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/guide-to-ketosis.html#11BB

And I am eating carbs at night (above keto levels) and lost about 6lb in 6 days. Doesn't mean a thing.

Those patients lost weight because they were on a hypocaloric diet.

The conclusion was:

"these results indicate that the administration of a ketogenic diet for a relatively long period of time is safe." as applied to obese patients.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

On a hypocaloric diet If 80% of your calories came from carbs your fat oxidation will be minimal, but you will probably not be storing any fat. You will be losing weight.
    If 80% of your calories came from fat, you are constantly storing fat, but at the same time your fat oxidation will be very high

I'm eating about 65% to 80% fat per day on a ketogenic diet - lost around 7kg 3 in weeks.

you do realize that the normal person holds about 5 lbs of water weight related to glycogen.

You need to stop quoting random studies because you seem like you are searching it up and just posting it. You are looking foolish
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options

you do realize that the normal person holds about 5 lbs of water weight related to glycogen.

You need to stop quoting random studies because you seem like you are searching it up and just posting it. You are looking foolish

Yes I do realise that. I'm not quoting "random" studies. I've researched keto dieting for my own benefit for the last 3 weeks, and have been ketogenic for most of that time. You're being a little too presumptuous. It's working for me - for now! So I'll leave it at that
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I can not believe this is still going.

Here is my 2Cents, I work Swing shift eat at different hours every day, eat before i got to sleep eat when I get up and I have lost a couple pounds. Pretty much following IPOARM and IIFYM. No sources no articles just my real life study.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say - each to their own.

We have IIFYM... And I like to go by IIWFM - If It Works For Me.

You worry about your diet, I'll worry about mine and if I need some advice, I will ask for it and be open to suggestions :) All good!!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

Yes I do realise that. I'm not quoting "random" studies. I've researched keto dieting for my own benefit for the last 3 weeks, and have been ketogenic for most of that time. You're being a little too presumptuous. It's working for me - for now! So I'll leave it at that
    lol @ "working for me"

seems to be everyone's response when they give back some garbage response.

Because the article about the long term effects of being on a ketogenic diet mean something.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Good gravy...............just meet your ****ing macros/micros and have a calorie deficit to lose weight and body fat. Resistance training to retain lean muscle. It's not rocket science.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Good gravy...............just meet your ****ing macros/micros and have a calorie deficit to lose weight and body fat. Resistance training to retain lean muscle. It's not rocket science.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

/end thread
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    interesting study thanks OP

Sarauk2sf enjoyed the article
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

/end thread

Not likely. .... arg. in.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    colbert-popcorn.gif

I'm just here for more silliness and shenanigans and "I'm right, you're wrong" type childish behaviour.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    23 pages later....and yes I was late for work again.

First let me address this...
    ...I must have been in the military....what? Heavens no. I'm not that sort of lady.
    Ah hello Ex military here and combat arms at that...8th woman in Canada in the Reg force Artillery....(mind you that was in the early 90's) and I am that sort of woman...ladies be damned....:grumble:

Now for this bogus claim of it's all timing paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese....been there done that...no carbs at night make for one hungry chicky and hungry=grumpy and no one wants that and I consistently lose weight.
    Here is my 2Cents, I work Swing shift eat at different hours every day, eat before i got to sleep eat when I get up and I have lost a couple pounds. Pretty much following IPOARM and IIFYM. No sources no articles just my real life study.

My husbad does the same 2 twelve hour days, 2 twelve hour nights (and his Dad too) they eat when they can and are two of the healthiest men I know.

And now this

Yes I made some good gravy last night ....thich and brown to go with the roast beef and potatoes...it was yummy with prepackaged processed french onion soup mix....hehe :drinker:

My diary is open...I eat what I want, when I want as long as I am in m calorie goals and in my macro targets (really trying to hit those) and I choose to follow the advice of those who are here that have proven time and time again that there is no such thing as bad food or good food or clean eating and dirty eating...anyone else that comes here that is faceless and/or new tries to tell me what to eat or when to eat it can by buck a fuffalo...

OH and in cause this is funny.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    23 pages later....and yes I was late for work again.

First let me address this...
    ...I must have been in the military....what? Heavens no. I'm not that sort of lady.
    Ah hello Ex military here and combat arms at that...8th woman in Canada in the Reg force Artillery....(mind you that was in the early 90's) and I am that sort of woman...ladies be damned....:grumble:

Now for this bogus claim of it's all timing paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese....been there done that...no carbs at night make for one hungry chicky and hungry=grumpy and no one wants that and I consistently lose weight.

My husbad does the same 2 twelve hour days, 2 twelve hour nights (and his Dad too) they eat when they can and are two of the healthiest men I know.

And now this

Yes I made some good gravy last night ....thich and brown to go with the roast beef and potatoes...it was yummy with prepackaged processed french onion soup mix....hehe :drinker:

My diary is open...I eat what I want, when I want as long as I am in m calorie goals and in my macro targets (really trying to hit those) and I choose to follow the advice of those who are here that have proven time and time again that there is no such thing as bad food or good food or clean eating and dirty eating...anyone else that comes here that is faceless and/or new tries to tell me what to eat or when to eat it can by buck a fuffalo...

OH and in cause this is funny.
    I like you! So much win here! Ex-military, funny, logical... and Canadian. :heart: :drinker: :laugh: