Calories are NOT equal

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Healthy is not quantifiable (that would prove us junk eaters heathy)!!! I do know everyone claiming to be healthier and "eat clean" has a closed diary though.

I think it is somewhat quantifiable.

The measures I am thinking of are weight, body fat percentage, blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol levels, etc. But those can be perfect in a person who consumes what others describe as "junk" or "processed" foods.

You shut your mouth!!! If we were to quantify it... What would that mean to all the celery suckers?

They just don't want to admit they are eating awful tasting foods for nothing.
    It's this kind of thinking that's so exasperating from my perspective. "Celery suckers" "Awful tasting food"? Seriously??

Celery suckers was in jest, I am sure.

But my assertion that celery is awful tasting is 100% true.
    You said foods. I'm assuming you meant more than celery (which I eat at thanksgiving, and in tuna salad). It's the silly mocking of other people's choices. It gets old.

Beets and radishes are also awful. Liking any of these makes you an awful person.
    Roasted beets with rosemary, with the beet greens stir fried on the side is one of my favorite dishes in fact. Damned good. And reasonably good for me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    *shakes his head* Heathens.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Pickled beets are delish - especially in a sammich with salad cream.

Pineapple is gaggable however and should be banned.

I feel so... betrayed.

Pineapple....EW
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I feel so... betrayed.

Pineapple....EW

I didn't hear you complaining about the side benefits.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I feel so... betrayed.

Pineapple....EW

All this pineapple shaming makes me sad
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    all i know is that the words 'salad cream' just made me kind of retch.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I feel so... betrayed.

Pineapple....EW

I didn't hear you complaining about the side benefits.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou: :devil: :devil: :smokin:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I feel so... betrayed.

Pineapple....EW

All this pineapple shaming makes me sad

It's a vicious little bugger that contaminates all the food it touches. Evilness, pure evilness.
  • wibblefps
    Options
    The big elephant in the room which everyone appears to be ignoring completely, especially these "calorie is a calorie" partisans is key matter of 'Timing'

Carbs are less of a problem in the morning than in the evening.

Recently I started paying attention to the Jason Statham diet approach because I was looking for an 'eating' role model even older than me but who was still lean and ripped. He has two, JUST two basic principles:

1) Eat carbs before 12pm otherwise when are you going to burn them off

2) No food after 7pm.

That's all! Daniel Craig is pretty similar but less strict. Only two rules but all about the timing
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The big elephant in the room which everyone appears to be ignoring completely, especially these "calorie is a calorie" partisans is key matter of 'Timing'

Recently I started paying attention to the Jason Statham diet approach because I was looking for an 'eating' role model even older than me but who was still lean and ripped. He has two, JUST two basic principles:

2) No food after 7pm.

That's all! Daniel Craig is pretty similar but less strict. Only two rules but all about the timing

Under what logic?
  • Achrya
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

Just_stop.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

Timing is irrelevant, but thanks for playing
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

LOL

it's not an elephant in the room because it's complete bs. maybe it hasn't been mentioned because it's completely irrelevant? no? cool, let me know when you look like jason statham. :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

Carb timing? Are you kidding me?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

Sometimes i can eat food before 7:00, but not all the time. My weight loss works better if i eat a lighter dinner. however, if im hungry I will eat before I go to bed even if its 9:00 because I cant stand that feeling.. I'd rather consume something like a bowl of cereal rather than starve. It wont hurt me.
  • Achrya
    Options

2) No food after 7pm.

Carb timing? Are you kidding me?

Why not? We've covered everything else.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love veggies - celery, spinach, kale, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli - you name it and I love it. (Except beets)

I love chocolate. All kinds of chocolate.

If I could, I would eat these all day every day. I have to work hard to get my protein.
  • wibblefps
    Options
    And "voila" the partisans present themselves.... No contrary info at all and just getting the knives out anway :flowerforyou:

Ah - I recall my youth when I also shot from the hip without any forethought., bless.....
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There should be no arguments; only support!! Our bodies were meant to eat real food. Period. We all know what real food is; sometimes we don't want to admit it.

a calorie of one food is not the same as a calorie of another... Here is a link.. a very good one

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/06/when-a-calorie-is-not-just-a-calorie/
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    And "voila" the partisans present themselves.... No contrary info at all and just getting the knives out anway :flowerforyou:

Ah - I recall my youth when I also shot from the hip without any forethought., bless.....

Hey, you want to convince people that carb timing somehow matters, you'll have to present more evidence than "Jason Statham."

Study after study shows nutrient timing makes no difference.

If you want to claim it does, the onus is on you to back it up. Post some studies.