COFFEE LOVERS!? What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i spend a lot of money on good quality coffee beans, grind them fresh every morning and drink my coffee black, no sugar. good coffee doesn't need any flavourings.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee is all the rage right now with low carb followers and the original version calls for 2TBS of coconut or MCT oil and 2TBS of grass fed butter. The coconut oil was no problem, but I wasn't so sure about the butter. I reluctantly tried a "lite" version of bulletproof coffee with one TBS each and found it was surprisingly good. You can search if you like.

Try adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to your coffee, then blending it or shaking it in a blender bottle. It froths up in my magic bullet like a cappuccino. It turns the coffee tan just like you added cream and removes the bitterness. Its the first way I've found I can enjoy coffee without added sweetener. You can adjust the amount of coconut oil to your liking. So now my 12oz morning coffee has just a teaspoon of healthy fat (about 40 cals) and no sweetener.

If you just add the coconut oil and don't agitate/blend it just creates an oil slick on top.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the one thing I refuse to cut out of my diet. I use International Delight coffee creamers. I use a few tablespoons, just fit it into my day. Plus, I have no more than 2 a day.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and use to drink it with all kinds of stuff in it. I thought, how can I get the flavors with out the calories. I completely gave up creamer. I thought I would try coffee with out, and still added sweetnlow. It actually tasted the same! So out with the the creamer. Then I thought, I had to get rid of the fake sweetner. I am now using raw sugar. It a bit getting use to since to me, it did taste different then the sweetners.

Flavor, that was a challenge. Brew your own coffee, I add flavor to my grinds IN the coffee maker. Cinnamon, vanilla extrat, orange extrat, Mint extrat, and now I will add pumkin spice to my grinds to brew that wonderful Thanksgiving flavor that Starbucks makes for the holiday. I hope this helps, have fun with it, and experiment.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Best, best, best discovery ever (and heard it here) SO DELICIOUS COCONUT CREAMER. It is only 10 calories a T and is the perfect creamer. Doesn't taste like coconut but adds just a hint of sweetness. LOVE.
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't add sugar to my coffee, usually I just put a bit of skim milk in. If I want a treat though, I use chocolate milk or chocolate soy/almond milk - which adds sweetness to it and makes it kind of like a mocha, so you might like that :)
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    im trying to cut you everything out of my coffee. but right now im down to just light cream in my coffee.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Black all the way.

No milk, no sugar.

If I want it a bit sweet I use a packet of equal.

I'm an avid coffee drinker, easily two cups in the morning and another two during the day. At night when i want coffee I drink a decaf (bless that Kruerig).
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Personally I dropped cream and sugar a couple months ago and drink my iced black and hot I switch up and add unsweetened almond milk or a shot of SF flavor or sometimes a tbsp (yes I measure it) of flavored cream. I noticed you like hazelnut-coconut so I have an option for you for iced coffee.....
    20oz bottle of coconut water (I use Sobe)
    2 packets instant coffee singles or measure it out from a large jar

Since instant coffee is available in hazelnut flavor you'll still get the flavor. The coconut water is sweeter and does contain calories but much les than all the sugar and cream you're adding. What I suggest is to mix the bottles ahead of time and let the flavors mix plus they're easy to transport.
    Good luck
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black. I used to have cream and sugar. I slowly cut back on the sugar until I didn't use any. And then I cut down on the amount of cream or milk I put in it, until I didn't use any. If you like flavor, get flavored coffee. I do that sometimes.
  • modernshieldmaiden
    Options
    When I was still drinking tons of coffee, I had to force myself to cut back on money more than calories, so I got into the habit of just drinking my coffee black. If you get a good type of coffee, the flavor is leagues better and much more complex without putting junk in it. As some others have suggested, flavored coffees are a good way to wean yourself off the add-ins - even places like Target have pretty tasty seasonal blends.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like the coconut milk creamer. If i use a flavored K Cup i don't use sugar. It its not flavored i use one packet of sugar in the raw, and i buy the packets so i know how much i am using. I also add coconut oil. Part of the reason I love creamer is it makes the coffee creamy. Coconut oil helps make it "creamy" helps make it creamy enough for me. I try to say away from "sugar free" anything so I make sure i just watch how much creamer I am using. I would rather put calories in my body then the extra chemicals that comes with the "sugar free"
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Protein powder.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I just realized my flavored coffee I've been brewing the last week or so for my iced coffee is DECAF! No wonder I didn't feel the buzz:)
    Today I bought chocolate soy milk to try in my iced coffee with HEB San Antonio blend (flavors of chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon.) I also have mini vanilla coffeemate creamers, for when I don't feel like a chocoholic.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with cinnamon on top. Try it!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Black with stevia. Bitter sweet in the best way!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of dark chocolate almond milk (I think it's Silk)...the almond milk has stevia in it. A cup of coffee.
  • jenhoward777
    jenhoward777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I put my coffee in my breakfast shake sometimes its got enough natural sweetness that I don't need any additional sugar. If i'm drinking straight coffee I just put soy milk in it.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would go with SF over fat free because fat free tends to have extra sugar and I also think doesnt taste as good. I personally dont think splenda is harmful though.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I also like almond milk in general (i put SF flavoring in it and drink ice cold)..BUT I think it tastes so gross in coffee. That is why I use calorie countdown which has the same calories