COFFEE LOVERS!? What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I either leave it black and add sweetener ( sucralose) or I add a cup of almond milk ( blue diamond un sweetened vanilla) kand sweetener.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A splash of milk, or a teaspoon of sugar if I want it black.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I make my coffee really strong . . . then add a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of heavy cream for my giant mug.

Any coffee after that is unadulterated.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I slowly cut down the sugar, then the creamer, until I was drinking black coffee and quite happily. I'll still occasionally splurge and get something sweet if I'm out, but for most part I'm all about the black coffee. <3
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    When I make coffee at home, its a half cup of coconut milk and hazelnut creamer. I grew up in Louisiana and have had "coffeemilk" as a kid. I like mine with lots of milk and sugar unfortunately. I've cut back to 2 a week when I have the calories available which is much better than a 6-7 a week Starbucks habit!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm cool with Splenda :) I can't stand Stevia. They do make sugar free syrups that you can try! I have hazelnut. As far as milk try to drink unsweetend almond milk! You can drink a whole glass of it for like 30 calories. As far as my coffee it is black with Splenda.
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    Options
    Have you ever tried adding the REAL ingredients instead of fake "fat-free" flavored additives?
    Try the following delicious, natural ingredients available virtually anywhere you can buy spices:

A dash of:
    Ground Cardamom
    Ground Cinnamon (or, cinnamon sugar)
    Ground Vanilla Bean
    Ground Nutmeg
    Cocoa nibs (personally my favorite, and I usually drink my coffee black)

Or, if you like sweet, use Blue Agave syrup instead of sugar (or whatever artificial sweetener you like, I just try to avoid them) and swirl your coffee with:

Cinnamon Stick
    Vanilla Bean
    Cardamom Pod

My boyfriend bought me an espresso maker, so now I enjoy my black coffee with a dollop of frothed nonfat milk, or just the foam. It's good enough for me!

Good luck!
  • serenere
    serenere Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Real coffee lovers don't put ANYTHING in their coffee otherwise you won't taste the blend and any coffee would be the same...just saying...

espresso with no sugar is the only way.

and yes, I'm Italian and we do it better :D
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I drink it black and actually enjoy the flavor of the coffee. You are big on flavor buy good coffee and you won't need to put crap in it.

I agree. Also, maybe invest in a cappuccino/espresso machine to change it up.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my favorite things to put in coffee? Bailey's or whisky.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    "Medium coconut-hazelnut iced coffee w/ extra milk 5 Splenda"

There's so much nonsense in there you can't possibly taste the coffee!

As suggested previously, try espresso,
  • emmysusanne
    emmysusanne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Frothy almond milk. Whisky is a close second though, lol!!
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    International delights. I only drink 1tbsp a day of it, so I'm not concerned.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I almost always drink mine black, although occasionally I do enjoy it flavored & sweetened.

Honestly though, you may want to look into changing the roast or blend of coffee that you drink. I know loads of people prefer Columbian but I think Columbian roast coffee tastes like burnt, ground up peanut shells and I don't think there's enough sugar/cream/flavoring that would make a cup of that stuff palatable to me. :laugh:

Since I switched to French roast (or even Italian roast), I can drink it straight and plain.

Just an idea....
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Black and smooth...none of that crap that can walk on its own. If i had to doctor every cup I'd never drink coffee. That's way too much to worry with.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I drink Community brand coffee. I think it's only available in the south. I could be wrong. I use 1/2 packet of stevia and original non-dairy creamer or half and half.
    I hear ya! Lg Mug of Between Roast, tbls sugar, and 1/2 & 1/2. I tried the rainbow of packets. Yuck! I only drink it in the morning. 122 calories. Don't Mess With My Coffee! I will eat celery all day if I have to.
  • dontbeapig
    dontbeapig Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another vote for black!

Though I have recently started adding half a tablespoon of coconut oil, because I like to join bandwagons. It doesn't change the good plain coffee flavor, but my plastic travel mug has a perma-shine to it now.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Frothy almond milk. Whisky is a close second though, lol!!

Liking the whisky part. It is good.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Russ on this! But I still feel like this coffee creamer is holding me back from getting to my goal faster. Thanks for the tips

I use equal. Like it better than splenda, and imho these chemical sweetners will only harm you in MASSIVE quantity, so its a risk Im willing to take. Heres how I do:

Usu 4 cups a day, sometimes 5 or 6 tho.... All are AT LEAST 20 oz, although Ill take 24 when I can get it.

At Dunkin: XL Hazlenut Light w/3equal (I log 120 cals for these)
    At Starbucks: Venti cup, 4 shots, top with whatever blend is brewing, 3 equal, Half and Half - I log 90 cals each for these (I can control my cream here!)
    At Home: 20 oz mug, Keurig strainer cup full of Fresh ground Starbucks Pikes Place, large cup button - add 3 equal. n NOW SERVING: Fat Free Half n Half. - I log 60 cals each for these....or if we have K Cups, those two at a time, one flavored, one not, n then half n half, no equal (These are 90 cals per in my diary)

So depending on the day, any where from 300 - 400 cals on coffee. I will not change this - COFFEE RULES! And besides, I've already given up EVERYTHING else!!

YAY COFFEE!!!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it as low cal as possible so non fat milk and sprinkle of cinnamon .