Replies

• RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Because no one is interested
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I am attracted to women and all women are INSANE!
    Well, you revealed why you're single in that answer, but it isn't what you think.

Did you just call me gay!?

(P.S. It was a joke....sort of. I know the real reasons and I have accepted them and I am working on them.)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Really haven't found anyone, I don't look very hard either.

Mostly I'm a single Dad their mom is not even in the picture.
    So I am really involved in them more than a relationship.

It would be nice to have a friend for the weekends haha.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Because I have been toyed with multiple times, I guess having a hard time trusting someone now. I have been single for quite some time now and I don't mind it. Yea, it gets lonely sometimes and stuff like that, but I deal. I am using this time alone to focus on my boys and my fitness goals.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Because my last girlfriend caught me in an indecent state with a pigeon. She wasn't as understanding as I would have been. To be fair, I had dressed the pigeon up in her underwear.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Because I'm looking too hard
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    Because I'm NOT looking, and get sick of people after a few weeks. Keepin it honest lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I am attracted to women and all women are INSANE!
    Well, you revealed why you're single in that answer, but it isn't what you think.

Did you just call me gay!?

(P.S. It was a joke....sort of. I know the real reasons and I have accepted them and I am working on them.)
    OK. :-)

A lot of men say that with absolute seriousness and sincerity, though, so it's tough to tell.

And, no, I didn't call you gay! lol
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Asking that question is like asking what happened in your last relationship, and it's none of their business. I'm single because I chose to no longer be in my former relationship. Reasons are not your concern, but I made a decision, and I'm much happier for it.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am single, because I don't exude confidence. That is down to how I feel about myself and it shows. I'm happy with being single, anyway. I'm working on myself, right now... I joined MFP help me lose weight and gain some healthy confidence.

This ^^^ very eloquently put
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Because my last girlfriend caught me in an indecent state with a pigeon. She wasn't as understanding as I would have been. To be fair, I had dressed the pigeon up in her underwear.

:laugh: :drinker: priceless!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Asking that question is like asking what happened in your last relationship, and it's none of their business. I'm single because I chose to no longer be in my former relationship. Reasons are not your concern, but I made a decision, and I'm much happier for it.

If you're not willing to open yourself up why are you even dating? Do you just want to answer fluff questions on that date like, "What's your favorite color?" Hoping to build a relationship around your mutual love of green?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If you're not willing to open yourself up why are you even dating? Do you just want to answer fluff questions on that date like, "What's your favorite color?" Hoping to build a relationship around your mutual love of green?
    A mutual love of green is more important than I think you realize.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    In most cases, and this question is a perfect example, it's the answer and not the question that puts someone on the defensive. It's a charged, introspective topic, admittedly; and often still tender if not downright painful... but when asked, the questioner often has no idea how much self doubt, loathing, or pain they're conjuring. It isn't a question I would ask, but in my experience patience has become a discarded virtue (lot of blame to go around for that).

Speed dating is an interview. For many people, even normal dating is just an extended interview. Questions like this are valuable (if you want to call it that) because the answer and the reaction can each tell you quite a bit.

Personally, I tend to be more into the camp of "I find you intriguing and cute and you make me smile. I'd like to hang out with you". By the time I decide that there might be relationship potential, I'm sure I'll already know why you're single and I would never have had to ask.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not single, but when I was, I was working on learning to love myself. Sounds corny I know, but at the same time, you gotta love yourself before you can love anyone else. I had been through a few bad relationships back to back, so I was pretty torn down and didn't want to just accept whatever came along. I wanted to be treated right and deserve to be treated right!

With that being said...if my husband doesn't start supporting our family more and showing me the respect I deserve, I may go back to the single status! Gotta do what's best for yourself and your children and sometimes that means cutting the baggage lose and being single.

Oh, and no, I don't think that it's invasive or rude. I think that it's important to know if someone is looking for a "you'll do for now partner" or "forver partner". A person's answer can tell you a lot about them IMO.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I think that is a very fair question to ask. I HATE being single. I hate dating. I hate feeling rejected and putting myself out there for someone who just wants to have sex. I'm picky and I have a very certain personality and physical type. It's apparently impossible to find. But when I do find him, I want forever, not just for now.
  • reedusf
    reedusf Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a single parent with 100% care of my child and I work full time. Makes it difficult to date. I'll be dating again in 2018 when my daughter has finished school, what are you doing on the 2nd of January?

(I have actually said this)

^^^^^ This!! I'll be free around 2026...
    F**CK!

Actually I was single before I had a kid. I was and am still single because I'm obese and everyone that I'm attracted to does not want an obese chick on their arm. I would very much like to find someone and marry but for some it is not in the cards, even with weight loss.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I am not single, I am in a long distance relationship because my boyfriend lives in the future.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    'Cause that guy on the MFP disease thread won't date me.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    because i was saving myself for miss_jessiejane and i just accidentally killed her. :frown: