ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Also, it's two days later and she's still here. Make with the giving up already, lady!

Of course, she doesn't want to give up. She wants people to bend over backwards to help her, but she doesn't want to actually ask for help. She wants to whine and moan and have someone say "there there."
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Please don't give up! You are still doing good! I truly believe in you, so keep trying. Slow progress is still progress!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Im glad I dont accept friends like you on here..WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A SITE THATS SUPPOSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE??

You came on here to announce you're leaving. I'm seen plenty of people encouraging you to go ahead and leave then. Encouragement accomplished.

If that was your passive aggressive way of saying you can't figure out what you're doing wrong, well I've also seen a bunch of posts from people telling you what you're doing wrong.

I'm not sure what it is you're actually expecting here.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    this dropped in to my in box today, think it's meant for you x

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

That is the BEST article that i have to show someone :)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was just venting at how sick of her life she was feeling. She really didn't want to go, just wanted to vent.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    bump for reference

Really?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was just venting at how sick of her life she was feeling. She really didn't want to go, just wanted to vent.

Well when you vent, you're going to get responses. :smile:
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Not seeing results? Read this article by Certified Personal Trainer, Tim Yamagata who explains 5 common mistakes that might be preventing you from reaching your fitness goals and offers suggestions on how to move forward. Reprinted article from California Family Fitness website: http://www.californiafamilyfitness.com/the-daily/cff-blog/2013/09/09/not-seeing-results.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You know what grinds my gears about these threads? Over 100 positive, thought out, helpful responses and the OP comes back to yell at someone about being "negative". Not a lick of gratitude for all the posts that did give her the "rah rah" encouragement she was obviously angling for.
  • Leanne60
    Options
    think of the benefit to your inside and the health benefits youre gaining. Its is a journey with no real destination and the only way to win is to never never never give up - because you are worth it! Hang in there and make this your way of life. You have a fantastic lose just keep going - sending you encouraging love
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Since you have so much NEGATIVITY to say why dont you give me some healthy choices, then I will try them and see if I get better results.......FYI You are not a good team player and im not referfering to everyone just jonnythan

Wow! For some unknown reason (probably because I enjoy torturing myself) I read every page of this thread. The guy you are bashing has been the single most useful contributor to this discussion. No he did not sugar coat his opinions or advice, but he is accurate.

Perhaps you need to turn the computer off, go and find a mirror, no really, and take a good long look at yourself. All too often people look for someone or something to blame rather than focusing on themselves. In the wonderful world of psychology we call this having an 'external locus of control'.

YOU are the only one who can affect change in your life. YOU must own up to the fact that you are not logging accurately, and ONLY YOU have the power to change it.
  • WendyNick
    Options
    First of all - give yourself a BIG pat on the back for realising that you needed to change and for having stuck with it for this long without the motivation of significant weight-loss. Then give yourself a big hug, because you're worth way more than you're giving yourself credit for. Now - ask yourself if quitting will help you, or just reinforce all the negative things you're thinking right now.

OK - now I want you to do a very honest thing. Post here, right now, the answers to the following:

Do you weight your portions?
    Do you cheat on what you log?
    Do you religiously check on the nutritional info of what you log?
    Do you eat any of the following:

cake, biscuits, chocolate, sweeties
    cereals
    bread
    pasta, rice
    table sugar, agave syrup, maple syrup, honey
    fruit juices, diet soda, other sweet fizzy drinks
    alcohol
    crisps, fried foods
    junk food, fast food, boxed food, packaged meals, processed food
    burgers, pizzas, chips
    potatoes, sweetcorn??????????????????????

If 'yes' to any of the above, you are on a hiding to nothing. The secret's simple - ditch ALL of these - cold turkey. Eat:

any and all salad stuffs
    any and all non-starchy veg
    seafood, meat, eggs
    cheese
    fruit (in moderation)
    low-carb bread if you HAVE to eat bread

Keep up your exercise, using MFP ACCURATE logging ensure you're calorie intake is less than you're expenditure every day and you WILL lose weight - almost impossible not to unless you are a biological miracle!

Hang in there. I took 2 years to lose my last 5 kgs. If you are overweight, it's much easier than that!!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I am slowly but steadily losing by not restricting anything.

However I eat less of:

Pizza, Fast Food, French Fries, Cookies, Ice Cream

and more of:

Salmon, Broccoli, Egg Whites, Chicken, Fresh Veggies, Fresh fruit
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    First of all - give yourself a BIG pat on the back for realising that you needed to change and for having stuck with it for this long without the motivation of significant weight-loss. Then give yourself a big hug, because you're worth way more than you're giving yourself credit for. Now - ask yourself if quitting will help you, or just reinforce all the negative things you're thinking right now.

OK - now I want you to do a very honest thing. Post here, right now, the answers to the following:

Do you weight your portions?
    Do you cheat on what you log?
    Do you religiously check on the nutritional info of what you log?

Keep up your exercise, using MFP ACCURATE logging ensure you're calorie intake is less than you're expenditure every day and you WILL lose weight - almost impossible not to unless you are a biological miracle!

Hang in there. I took 2 years to lose my last 5 kgs. If you are overweight, it's much easier than that!!!

Fixed it for you. The list of good food vs bad food is ridiculous and unnecessary (barring any allergies or other health issues).
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    You know what grinds my gears about these threads? Over 100 positive, thought out, helpful responses and the OP comes back to yell at someone about being "negative". Not a lick of gratitude for all the posts that did give her the "rah rah" encouragement she was obviously angling for.

...and this is why long-timers on here get fed up with helping newbs ...which leads them to focus more on posting funny gifs ...which offends the easily butthurt ...who then report the humor to the mods ...who then issue strikes reflexively ...and that's how long-timers get banned ...soon to be replaced by the few newbs who took the time to listen to the good advice they got when they posted threads like this.

it's the circle of life, really.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    ...and this is why long-timers on here get fed up with helping newbs ...which leads them to focus more on posting funny gifs ...which offends the easily butthurt ...who then report the humor to the mods ...who then issue strikes reflexively ...and that's how long-timers get banned ...soon to be replaced by the few newbs who took the time to listen to the good advice they got when they posted threads like this.

it's the circle of life, really.

^^^ Exactly This - This cycle gradually brings the level of the entire forum to {{ insert word here }}
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    this dropped in to my in box today, think it's meant for you x

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

That is the BEST article that i have to show someone :)

Also check out this youtube video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9AdlhB18o
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    cake, biscuits, chocolate, sweeties
    cereals
    bread
    pasta, rice
    table sugar, agave syrup, maple syrup, honey
    fruit juices, diet soda, other sweet fizzy drinks
    alcohol
    crisps, fried foods
    junk food, fast food, boxed food, packaged meals, processed food
    burgers, pizzas, chips
    potatoes, sweetcorn??????????????????????

If 'yes' to any of the above, you are on a hiding to nothing. The secret's simple - ditch ALL of these - cold turkey.

Teaching food abstinence works about as well as teaching sexual abstinence.

That is, it doesn't.